Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97562 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1931 Design
« Reply #1575 on: August 18, 2015, 01:34:43 pm »

At any rate, either design isn't that viable given the fact we're in close-quarters. We just can't afford to focus on armoured vehicles at the moment.

If improved CQC is your concern, we could try to create a bullpup or carbine variant of the MK-47 with a folding stock during our revision phase.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: August 18, 2015, 01:37:37 pm »

The revision we need for the hippo to stop it blowing itself up, so our troops use it more often.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: August 18, 2015, 01:39:09 pm »

The revision we need for the hippo to stop it blowing itself up, so our troops use it more often.
We need two revisions honestly, but I think uniforms for the mountains is more pressing.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: August 18, 2015, 01:41:01 pm »

Tarcius' car is not an armored car. It is wheeled tank. Will be about as useful as his fighters.

Designing flamethrower vehicle is a wrong way to do it. If we want it we should design a flamethrower and then revise flamethrower variants of our vehicles

Actually, flamethrower is great for urban combat and for jungles.

Actually I want it. I really want it.

I vote for
Incinerator
Man portable flamethrower. It is shortranged but deadly weapon. Experiment with flammable gasses, liquids and powders.

Good defensive weapon, can be very useful on all fronts, step toward getting napalm, great for urban combat should they push as deep to our town.

PS. vote for something, guys.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 06:11:04 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: August 18, 2015, 01:42:14 pm »

I'm not voting for an IFV until we get back onto the deserts atleast. Until then, we need something geared towards close quarters and/or anti-tank
And your armored car is worse than an IFV in most aspects except the derp gun.
And why is the 1.6 inch a derp gun exactly? Besides, the AC is also faster and also fills a role that the IFV can't (Reconnaissance).

At any rate, either design isn't that viable given the fact we're in close-quarters. We just can't afford to focus on armoured vehicles at the moment.
2 stationary, 3 on basic traverse. How come the gun can be made cheap?

We at least have a chance to swarm the enemy if we can bring more hippos into better angles.

((Yes. I'm fed up. Every one hell bent on his particular flavour. Simply put, anything that is 1. cheap 2. can bring more firepower with mobility 3. can work in the jungle gets my vote. Anything else, like the Bus, don't.))
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 01:44:14 pm by evilcherry »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: August 18, 2015, 01:43:35 pm »

Alright, looks like we have a plan.

Flamethrower for design, Hippo fixing for revision

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: August 18, 2015, 01:49:15 pm »

I hate to spend revisions on mere fixing.

I want revision like this one:

Improve jungle performance of our equipment. In order of preference
1) recoilless guns
2) Flamethrower (if it is voted)
3) small arms
4) vehicle engines
5) artillery
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 02:03:28 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: August 18, 2015, 01:51:50 pm »

Problem is that our hippo tends to well... explode. Mind you, if we can improve it's performance at the same time, I'm all for it.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: August 18, 2015, 02:01:39 pm »

The Hippo is particularly prone to dangerous failure in the wet jungle, and soldiers "accidentally" drop them down tall waterfalls onto sharp rocks in rapids to prevent their hands from being broken.
If we fix it, we can tolerate some general failures on other fronts.

the new reloadable barrel is found to be unreliable after repeated uses, there are several incidents in which a barrel bursts after fifty or more rounds are fired from it, and sometimes the shell will get stuck in a deformed barrel, leaving the wad to shoot out the back and giving a soldier the entire kick of a 2.2 inch cannon backwards, launching the entire weapon at the enemy

Main problem of Hippo that it is not THAT reusable and we just need to issue the order to discard them after 5-10 shots unless there are no chance to replace it.

Improving performance of our equipment in jungles is great for this front, fixing Hippo is a marginal thing

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: August 18, 2015, 02:03:59 pm »

As counterintuitive as it is to light our own cities on fire to burn out the Arstotzkans, I just want to get a move on. I'll vote for finalizing the flamethrower because at the end of the day it'll probably work, and get us the jungle as well. It'll pretty much stop being useful after that, but it's really crunch time now.
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: August 18, 2015, 02:17:17 pm »

Ok, I'm making a vote list. Please post an updated version when you vote. (This only includes recent designs/votes, so if I missed something, please don't be offended)

Quote from: Vote List
Incinerator Flamethrower - UR, Kashyyk
M2 "Colt" Mobile Assault Carrier - Baffler
Battlebus IFV - LordSlowPoke
Struunk II Armoured Car - Taricus
Grenades - Devestator

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: August 18, 2015, 02:24:38 pm »

I've changed my vote to the flamethrower Kashyyk.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: August 18, 2015, 02:28:11 pm »

Then update the thing!
Incinerator Flamethrower - UR, Kashyyk, Taricus
Struunk II Armoured Car -Grenades - Devestator

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: August 18, 2015, 02:32:31 pm »

Fixed the Colt link.

Incinerator Flamethrower - UR, Kashyyk, Taricus
Struunk II Armoured Car -Grenades - Devestator

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: August 18, 2015, 03:24:34 pm »

Incinerator Flamethrower - UR, Kashyyk, Taricus, Coleslaw35
Struunk II Armoured Car -
Grenades - Devestator