Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97515 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1931 Production
« Reply #1485 on: August 17, 2015, 12:17:04 pm »

The AC design (And by extension, the truck) doesn't need roads per-se given the suspension on them,
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: August 17, 2015, 12:17:57 pm »

What if we fitted a turreted Breaker with Coaxial Sorraia to the Colt? Then it's a big armoured car with troop capacity.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: August 17, 2015, 12:20:06 pm »

That'll likely drive up the costs of it, possibly even larger than what the breaker's is.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: August 17, 2015, 12:23:32 pm »

I could get behind the Sorraia though. Technically speaking a squad with a weapon team could just use the clamps to mount the machinegun(s) they already have, but giving it its own armament is probably a decent idea.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: August 17, 2015, 12:25:43 pm »

I could get behind the Sorraia though. Technically speaking a squad with a weapon team could just use the clamps to mount the machinegun(s) they already have, but giving it its own armament is probably a decent idea.
We could fit a weapons mount onto the top of it, just a stick up that you can throw a machine gun or other gun on, like the M3 does, even possibly the RR, and they just throw their quads MG on it?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: August 17, 2015, 12:42:16 pm »

Struunk II Armoured car
An armoured car, with around 35 mm armour in the front, sloped at a  and turret to repel the Arstotzkan autocannon shots while the other sides are more lightly armoured) equipped with the breaker's 1.6 inch cannon, along with sorraia MGs for it's coaxial and pintle mounts, and designed to fit a radio into the turret (though at the moment, most won't have them). Also featured on the II is the suspension system and portal gears seen on the tiger truck, allowing it to more easily traverse rough terrain and the like, and the smooth and flat underbody allows the vehicle to essentially slide over surfaces such as sand or mud. A top speed of around 50 MPH is aimed for.
Suggestions
1) Make comfortable on armour transportation for infantry squads
2) Replace that heavy 1.6 inch gun with a new recoilless gun adapted for vehicle use.
3) Try to make it amphibious to travel through swamps on the jungle front.
4) forget about 35mm armor
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 12:45:19 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: August 17, 2015, 12:46:12 pm »

Amphibious, I can do. The others won't be, given that the cannon would be contained in the turret without any way to vent the backblast out that doesn't compromise the structural integrity of the vehicle. As for making the vehicle capable of desant tactics, that kinda conflicts with making it amphibious.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: August 17, 2015, 12:52:35 pm »

There are ways to direct the backblast out of the turret.

In any case, 35 mm(dirty Arizstokan agent) is way too much for any reasonable armored car. 0.5 inch is a more realistic goal. 1 inch if we want to go very heavy armored car route.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: August 17, 2015, 12:53:41 pm »

Actually, I took that figure from a WW2 armoured car (And then reduced it) So I think it would be reasonable.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: August 17, 2015, 01:08:15 pm »

I think you used late war heavy armored car Staghound. Heavy car is exactly what we don't need for the town and jungles.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: August 17, 2015, 01:21:06 pm »

watch this

BATTLEBUS IFV
a treaded bus, armored with 3 inches rolled homogenous sloped at 20 degrees; carrying 36 soldiers and four stallion machineguns on the sides with a 1.6in breaker cannon in an electric turret in front
fitted with a supercharged v16 engine and tiger-inspired gear system for optimal all-terrain movement

this is basically what we need, innit

now tell me how to make it better

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: August 17, 2015, 01:26:00 pm »

We could fit a weapons mount onto the top of it, just a stick up that you can throw a machine gun or other gun on, like the M3 does, even possibly the RR, and they just throw their quads MG on it?

I forgot that we have support gunners in our squads, but in the confined space I don't think we'll be able to mount RR's because of backblast. How's this?

M2 "Colt" Mobile Assault Carrier

A medium sized tracked vehicle, resistant to small arms fire, with side armor plates that can be left down (where they stand at shoulder level for the crew inside) for increased protection from light vehicles or folded up into a sloped roof with firing ports to protect against plunging fire, grenades, and attack from higher ground at the cost of visibility. It has benches on either side of the carrier compartment to allow it to transport infantry, but its most novel feature is a set of four adjustable clamps attached by powerful magnets to the middle of the floor. These allow it to firmly secure crewed weapons or communications equipment. It also has mounts designed specifically for the Brumby at the front, rear, and sides.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: August 17, 2015, 02:11:27 pm »

My thought is if you look at the M3 halftrack, it is open top, so i will be technically above the heads of the troops.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1931 Design
« Reply #1498 on: August 17, 2015, 04:57:01 pm »

After sifting through the pages, these seem to be the suggestions so far. Feel free to tell me what needs to be removed. So this wall of text can be shortened.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Armored Car that can act as some sort of weapons platform (AT, mortars, etc.)
"Rattlesnake" IFV/HMG Carrier

A small tracked vehicle with minimal armor, with two armor plates arranged not unlike the top of a carton box that can act as top armor or extra spaced armor. It carries a crew of 4, and comes with one single Stallion on a pintle mount by default. Soldiers can carry extra armament on it, including Hippos, Sorrarias, and other small arms. Design focus are a low profile and maneuverability, while not sacrificing basic reliability.
UR's Plan for the next few turns:
1) FLAK gun to give more problems to their bombers
2) Automatic 1inch gun similar to their 20mm (and get weapon to arm future aircrafts with)
3) 2ore, 2 oil cheap fighter-bomber to supplement Model 4 and have numerious aircraft for ground attacking (aka designing Mosquito)
4) Ground attack floatplane to use it in jungles and then design floatplane carrying ships (Or even a flying boat)
5) Bomber\transport plane
6) Radar
Mosquito
Narrow, small and nimble aluminium-wooden or full aluminium biplane (fit in 2 ore)  Light enough to consume 2 oil and have adequate speed. Armed with 2 Sorraria machineguns and special universal mount under fuselage. This mount should be able to use(in order of importance) Stallion, Light bomb, single shot preloaded Hippo, cargo container(ideally with a parachute), float pontoon(s) or nothing for increased speed and manoeuvrability. Failing make it universal, attach a single Stallion. Optimized for operating on low attitudes and maneuver between mountains houses in city
It is light fighter\ground attack\utility aircraft  with modular design in mind. If we will succeed with pontoons we will get some air support in jungles. Hippo variant will have only one shot, but hit from above should kill any armor, stallion variant can allow it to handle heavier enemies and empty will allow to handle manoeuvrable enemies.
Biplane is chosen because it is nimbler
Light APC/IFVs
Basic Computing for artillery computers and such
Fixing officer's camo
Infantry battle armor
Evilcherry's suggestions:
1. More cheap mechanized infantry, and fix the camo.
2. Make battle armor and sneak improved camo, and build a Breaker variant as a heavy IFV.
3. We seemed to have a short-range arms problem as they get better SMGs.
Model 55 "Monarch Butterfly" Bomber
Using all our knowledge of aviation, Moskurg announces plans of delivering payload at locations that were previously out of reach of the Model 2. It boasts 4 engines, some stallions for defense, and a bomb capacity of a few tonnes. High altitude capacity and endurance is a must. Control costs to Very expensive.
CQC weapon revision/redesign
Chemical weapons + gas masks
Grenades
Strunk II armored car
An armoured car, with around 35 mm armour in the front, sloped at a  and turret to repel the Arstotzkan autocannon shots while the other sides are more lightly armoured) equipped with the breaker's 1.6 inch cannon, along with sorraia MGs for it's coaxial and pintle mounts, and designed to fit a radio into the turret (though at the moment, most won't have them). Also featured on the II is the suspension system and portal gears seen on the tiger truck, allowing it to more easily traverse rough terrain and the like, and the smooth and flat underbody allows the vehicle to essentially slide over surfaces such as sand or mud. A top speed of around 50 MPH is aimed for.
(Or UR's additions which are:)
1) Make comfortable on armour transportation for infantry squads
2) Replace that heavy 1.6 inch gun with a new recoilless gun adapted for vehicle use.
3) Try to make it amphibious to travel through swamps on the jungle front.
4) forget about 35mm armor
"Colt" Mobile Assault Carrier
A medium sized tracked vehicle, resistant to small arms fire, with side armor plates that can be left down (where they stand at shoulder level for the crew inside) for increased protection from light vehicles or folded up into a sloped roof with firing ports to protect against plunging fire, grenades, and attack from higher ground at the cost of visibility. It has benches on either side of the carrier compartment to allow it to transport infantry, but its most novel feature is a set of four adjustable clamps attached by powerful magnets to the middle of the floor. These allow it to firmly secure crewed weapons or communications equipment.
BATTLEBUS IFV
a treaded bus, armored with 3 inches rolled homogenous sloped at 20 degrees; carrying 36 soldiers and four stallion machineguns on the sides with a 1.6in breaker cannon in an electric turret in front
fitted with a supercharged v16 engine and tiger-inspired gear system for optimal all-terrain movement
M2 "Colt" Mobile Assault Carrier
A medium sized tracked vehicle, resistant to small arms fire, with side armor plates that can be left down (where they stand at shoulder level for the crew inside) for increased protection from light vehicles or folded up into a sloped roof with firing ports to protect against plunging fire, grenades, and attack from higher ground at the cost of visibility. It has benches on either side of the carrier compartment to allow it to transport infantry, but its most novel feature is a set of four adjustable clamps attached by powerful magnets to the middle of the floor. These allow it to firmly secure crewed weapons or communications equipment. It also has mounts designed specifically for the Brumby at the front, rear, and sides.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1931 Design
« Reply #1499 on: August 17, 2015, 06:45:40 pm »

Bumping because I have no idea what you want to design.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 135