Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97516 times)

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1931 Design
« Reply #1515 on: August 17, 2015, 07:26:03 pm »

Spewer
Self-propelled 0.75inch automatic 6-barrelled rotating cannon powered by an electric motor. Design a special light and nimble car to carry it. This car should be able to engage both land and aerial targets and have anti 0.3 bullets armor.

This is "bring death to their dive bombers" thing. We have good motors and batteries and can try it.

Make this able to depress the barrels low enough to target infantry and it gets my vote. I'd still like to get the M2 Colt, but I'd like to move things along more.

Saaaaaaaaaame. I guess I'll vote for this too. We'll get a better idea of what we'll really need next turn. Plus, some AA against those dive bombers would really help.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: August 17, 2015, 07:35:47 pm »

We need to revise our uniform.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: August 17, 2015, 07:51:56 pm »

What you need is grenades.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: August 17, 2015, 07:52:19 pm »

We need to revise our uniform.

Oh, shit, that's right. I totally forgot about that. Weren't we going to make the officers wear camo too?

What you need is grenades.

We've already got grenades.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 07:54:15 pm by coleslaw35 »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: August 17, 2015, 08:17:14 pm »

Do our uniforms really need revising though? If I remember right there was parity on the sniping department and it doesn't really matter anywhere else. I think we should create a carbine version of the MK-47 to better our close-combat ability, and hopefully address the problems caused by the moving bolt at the same time.

Or we could make the mortar imperial, and therefore cheap.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: August 17, 2015, 08:19:40 pm »

Do our uniforms really need revising though? If I remember right there was parity on the sniping department and it doesn't really matter anywhere else. I think we should create a carbine version of the MK-47 to better our close-combat ability, and hopefully address the problems caused by the moving bolt at the same time.

Our snipers are mostly officers who are wearing their bright uniforms, thus decreasing their sniping efficiency. The fact we're apparently on par means that if we can improve our sniper's camouflage, we could get the advantage in sniping. Plus, I remember seeing something in the battle report that said it caused confusion in our squads in the mountain because they couldn't find the enemy sniper without their officer to point them out or something because the officer (with their bright uniforms) would be seen, identified as a target of importance, and killed.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 08:26:41 pm by coleslaw35 »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: August 17, 2015, 08:29:08 pm »

Our snipers are mostly officers who are wearing their bright uniforms, thus decreasing their sniping efficiency. The fact we're apparently on par means that if we can improve our sniper's camouflage, we could get the advantage in sniping. Plus, I remember seeing something in the battle report that said it caused confusion in our squads in the mountain because they couldn't find the enemy sniper without their officer to point them out or something.
The Officer Camo problem has plagued us for a few turns.

Ah, comments.

"Colt" Mobile Assault Carrier
A medium sized tracked vehicle, resistant to small arms fire, with side armor plates that can be left down (where they stand at shoulder level for the crew inside) for increased protection from light vehicles or folded up into a sloped roof with firing ports to protect against plunging fire, grenades, and attack from higher ground at the cost of visibility.

It has benches on either side of the carrier compartment to allow it to transport infantry,
(How Many? Are we making an APC or IFV?)

but its most novel feature is a set of four adjustable clamps attached by powerful magnets to the middle of the floor. These allow it to firmly secure crewed weapons or communications equipment.
(Not really. What we need are equipment that conforms to a specific set of measurements. Or frame and mounts to mount them on.

It also has mounts designed specifically for the Brumby at the front, rear, and sides.
(Why Brumby. I thought an integrated Stallion is still the best option.)

Also, if you get the buttside of the Rhino/Hippo outside the vehicle, we don't need to care about the backblast again.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 09:23:48 pm by evilcherry »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: August 17, 2015, 08:36:08 pm »

Make this able to depress the barrels low enough to target infantry and it gets my vote. I'd still like to get the M2 Colt, but there doesn't seem to be much support for it and I'd like to move things along more.
Engaging land targets  kinda implies that
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: August 17, 2015, 08:38:24 pm »

This game has gone much too complicated for me.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: August 17, 2015, 08:39:24 pm »

Honestly, I'd rather have a fast moving lightly armored jeep than a medium armored, still can get killed by tanks and artillery Halftrack. I think speed is going to be very important for this once we get out of the city. It's actually going to be quite important in the jungle currently.

I say we try chemical weapons or flamethrowers. The ability to "smoke out" garrisons will have to be useful.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: August 17, 2015, 08:42:18 pm »

Honestly, I'd rather have a fast moving lightly armored jeep than a medium armored, still can get killed by tanks and artillery Halftrack. I think speed is going to be very important for this once we get out of the city. It's actually going to be quite important in the jungle currently.

I say we try chemical weapons or flamethrowers. The ability to "smoke out" garrisons will have to be useful.
We already have partial flamer tech too.
But a mobile infantry carrier will be amazing in the jungle, letting infantry keep up with tank assaults, giving a base of fire, etc...
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: August 17, 2015, 09:24:46 pm »

We already have partial flamer tech too.
But a mobile infantry carrier will be amazing in the jungle, letting infantry keep up with tank assaults, giving a base of fire, etc...
Also tracks means lower ground pressure. In other words, easier to travel on soft ground, like jungles.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: August 17, 2015, 09:48:32 pm »

Ah, comments.

"Colt" Mobile Assault Carrier
A medium sized tracked vehicle, resistant to small arms fire, with side armor plates that can be left down (where they stand at shoulder level for the crew inside) for increased protection from light vehicles or folded up into a sloped roof with firing ports to protect against plunging fire, grenades, and attack from higher ground at the cost of visibility.

It has benches on either side of the carrier compartment to allow it to transport infantry,
(How Many? Are we making an APC or IFV?)

Enough for two squads, we'll say.

but its most novel feature is a set of four adjustable clamps attached by powerful magnets to the middle of the floor. These allow it to firmly secure crewed weapons or communications equipment.
(Not really. What we need are equipment that conforms to a specific set of measurements. Or frame and mounts to mount them on.

You've got a point there. The idea is that the engineering goes into the Colt and not all the rest of our equipment, since that would presumably require a bunch of revisions, so I suppose a frame would probably be best.

It also has mounts designed specifically for the Brumby at the front, rear, and sides.
(Why Brumby. I thought an integrated Stallion is still the best option.)

Also, if you get the buttside of the Rhino/Hippo outside the vehicle, we don't need to care about the backblast again.

To save on cost, the vehicle doesn't have its own armaments. The squads mounted on it would just use the Brumbies they're being assigned anyway. I'm basically shooting for something like this thing.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: August 17, 2015, 09:52:05 pm »

That sounds like a very solid plan. I'm all for it. What about you guys?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: August 17, 2015, 09:52:25 pm »

MOre likely a Sorroria then on it, our equivalent to the MG 42
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 135