Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97479 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1930 Design
« Reply #1365 on: August 14, 2015, 10:21:31 pm »

Then let us make camouflage.
Too little too late.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: August 14, 2015, 10:36:57 pm »

Do you think that there can be camo effective enough to hide a tank from the air?

In very particular situations... Maybe? Like, it woudn't work as well in the desert for obvious reasons, but in the more forested areas/mountains, it's... Mildly possible, I guess? Like, for the forests, we could just put a whole bunch of shrubbery on the tank. In the mountains, giant gray tarps that could help them look like rocks or something. I am not suggesting we do anything related to camo this turn, I'm just listing possibilities.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: August 14, 2015, 10:58:47 pm »

Do you think that there can be camo effective enough to hide a tank from the air?

In very particular situations... Maybe? Like, it woudn't work as well in the desert for obvious reasons, but in the more forested areas/mountains, it's... Mildly possible, I guess? Like, for the forests, we could just put a whole bunch of shrubbery on the tank. In the mountains, giant gray tarps that could help them look like rocks or something. I am not suggesting we do anything related to camo this turn, I'm just listing possibilities.
That's fair enough. And that's why I really wanted to back the Mosquito but sadly can't.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: August 14, 2015, 11:00:34 pm »

Really, I just want us to decide on something. Like, we're all divided on what we want, and we're basically just saying the same things about them.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: August 14, 2015, 11:01:36 pm »

My vote's already been tallied, but I think UR has the right of it here. All of their aircraft are heavy and slow (for aircraft, anyway.) A maneuverable biplane won't have to be especially speedy to do circles around them, plus it's more able to deal with the damage their ground emplacements will inevitably inflict. It'll also probably be cheaper. Besides, a modular mount for a weapon isn't that big a design hurdle.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: August 14, 2015, 11:02:42 pm »

I'm sure anyone can change their vote at any time, just say so.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: August 14, 2015, 11:11:39 pm »

I'm sure anyone can change their vote at any time, just say so.

I was already voting for the Mosquito, I was just voicing my support for it.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: August 14, 2015, 11:18:07 pm »

My vote's already been tallied, but I think UR has the right of it here. All of their aircraft are heavy and slow (for aircraft, anyway.) A maneuverable biplane won't have to be especially speedy to do circles around them, plus it's more able to deal with the damage their ground emplacements will inevitably inflict. It'll also probably be cheaper. Besides, a modular mount for a weapon isn't that big a design hurdle.
I specifically don't want something that can be Boomed and Zoomed by a dive bomber. And the Mosquito looks prone to fall on this in GM terms.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: August 14, 2015, 11:24:06 pm »

Yeah, we have to work with the GM on this. Besides, we already have recon aircraft, as outdated as they may be.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: August 14, 2015, 11:25:11 pm »

Guys, I'm seeing people say that the other side lacks a dedicated fighter, so I'd like you remind you guys about the AS-HF-24, which has been hanging around for several turns now.
Spoiler: AS-HF-24 (click to show/hide)
It might not be the best wonder weapon in the world, but they do have a dedicated fighter...
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: August 14, 2015, 11:26:51 pm »

Based on the AS-DB-HF-23's light and sturdy frame

That's a very, very heavy gullwing as in their drawings. I consider that Canon.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: August 15, 2015, 01:24:12 am »

It looks like we're close to reaching a vote on which plane you want, but we're currently tied up, or close to it. I'll give you guys a little more time to decide.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: August 15, 2015, 01:34:19 am »

Unless there are serious objections or new arguments I'll stick with the YellowJacket.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: August 15, 2015, 02:03:42 am »

For the credit, how about:

Tiger

Tiger is nominally a ball game, but in places constitutes a full contact sport.  It is an asymmetric game, consisting of two teams of four and twenty respectively (the "Tigers" and "Goats").  A normal game lasts one hour.  There is a single goal in the centre of the field consisting of a wooden hoop raised above the ground.  Tigers score points for every ball they put through the hoop.  Goats cannot score points.

The ball starts with the Goat captain, who collects it after each successful goal.  Tigers must then take the ball from the Goats in order to score.  Tigers may capture the ball wherever it is, but are not allowed to hold the ball for more than five seconds - they must throw or kick it to another Tiger or into the hoop.   Not doing so constitutes a foul.  Goats may hold the ball if desired.  Tigers can attack any Goat with the ball, for as long as they have the ball in their possession - by which one means they may literally attack them.  Tigers are permitted any moves short of strikes below the belt or to the face in order to get the Goat to either release the ball or lose their footing.  Any Goat who is knocked or falls to the ground (within 5 seconds of their possession of the ball) is out of the game.  Goats without the ball may not be attacked, and doing so constitutes a foul.  Goats with the ball (or illegally attacked) may defend themselves as they wish (sans hits to the face or below the belt), but Goats without the ball may not attack Tigers.

When the hour is up, the Tigers get as many points as they did goals.  Goats get as many points as Goat players are left in the game.  In the event of a tie, Goats win.

In summary:

* Two asymmetric teams: 4 Tigers, 20 Goats.
* The game lasts 1 hour.
* Tigers score goals by throwing the ball into the goal hoop.
* Tigers must obtain the ball from the Goats, and must pass the ball between players.
* Goats may do with the ball as they wish, so long as it stays within the field of play.
* Tigers can only attack Goats who have the ball, or are within 5 seconds of passing it on.
* Goats can only fight in self-defence.
* Goats who fall to the floor in any manner are out.
* Tigers win by ending the game with more goals than remaining Goats.
* Goats win by ending the game with equal to or more Goats than the Tigers scored goals.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: August 15, 2015, 03:57:24 am »

Model 4 'Yellowjacket' Fighter
Moskurg's first full-aluminium craft, using the designs for a fuel-injection system nicked from Arstotzka on a v12 petrol engine. Using six Sorraia MGs in the wings and a stallion modified to fire through the propeller shaft, and a radio system to ensure squadron cohesion. This time, however, this craft has low wings, and has an enclosed cockpit so as to allow the pilot to reach much higher altitudes without passing out, or falling to their doom.

Model 4 Yellowjacket: A fighter aircraft, built fully of aluminum. It has flat low wings on a relatively long, narrow fuselage which holds its V12 motor. The motor is fuel injected, but runs hot, it requires the last-minute inclusion of an oil radiator which leaks and is generally unreliable. It has six exhaust pipes poking out the side of the body over the wing on each side, and a canopy-covered pilot seat close to the back. It is relatively sturdy and maneuverable, it is fast and makes tight maneuvers but is "temperamental", prone to going into out-of-control rolls and requiring a tight grip on the joystick. The canopy includes a tubular gun sight but otherwise restricts pilots' situational visibility, as the glass becomes dirty from engine exhaust and oil, although it allows for comfortable flying at high speed. The six Sorraia guns in the wings provide ample firepower, but the six guns and their ammo are somewhat heavy. Despite its issues it moves faster and maneuvers better than the Wasp, as well as having a higher altitude ceiling. Costs 3 ore, 3 oil.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 04:25:08 am by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 135