Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97252 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1929 Design
« Reply #1140 on: August 11, 2015, 05:01:17 pm »

I think developing actual optical sights for them first that are cheap would be better. We'd actually be able to benefit from the infrared device then :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: August 11, 2015, 10:21:49 pm »

I'll vote for the Hippo.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1142 on: August 11, 2015, 10:36:20 pm »

+1 Assault armor.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: August 11, 2015, 10:38:25 pm »

Um, we don't have an assault armour proposal Gunin?

Anyway, count me in as a +1 for the Hippo

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1144 on: August 11, 2015, 10:49:58 pm »

infantry assault armour
Designed specifically for our stormtroopers, this consists of a fitted breastplate of RHS and a helmet of the same with a faceplate. This is inspired by the Australian bandit Ned Kelly, who made a bulletproof suit in the 1880s. With our military know-how we should be able to make a modern suit of comparative effectiveness, and having no backplate will reduce the weight. As such we should reasonably be able to make armour that is resistant to small arms fire from the front and not too encumbering for our troopers. I'm willing to make this complex, as it'll only be for stormtroopers anyway.

u wot m8

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: August 11, 2015, 10:51:27 pm »

infantry assault armour
Designed specifically for our stormtroopers, this consists of a fitted breastplate of RHS and a helmet of the same with a faceplate. This is inspired by the Australian bandit Ned Kelly, who made a bulletproof suit in the 1880s. With our military know-how we should be able to make a modern suit of comparative effectiveness, and having no backplate will reduce the weight. As such we should reasonably be able to make armour that is resistant to small arms fire from the front and not too encumbering for our troopers. I'm willing to make this complex, as it'll only be for stormtroopers anyway.

u wot m8
why no +1. Think how useful it would be if it works. We won't even have to invent kevlar.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: August 11, 2015, 11:11:57 pm »

Is it too late to jump into this? If not, I think further investment in artillery would be a good idea. We have the technology to do a lot better than what either side has now, and I think a smallish, cheap piece with some AT capability would do us a lot of good, especially in the mountains or jungle.

Otherwise, I'll +1 the Hippo.

G1 Thunderer

A 2.5-inch gun mounted on a light wheeled carriage with a front-facing shield to protect its crew from small arms fire, which can be towed or pushed short distances. It uses a sliding-block mechanism, and is equipped with a muzzle brake and springs to manage recoil. It can chamber APHE and smoke in addition to standard shells.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: August 11, 2015, 11:27:57 pm »

That armour will be too heavy for our troops, and given that they still use rifle rounds in abundance compared to their SMGs, there's not much protection to be gained.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1148 on: August 12, 2015, 12:03:06 am »

When are we going to get real howitzers? Like a 6 inch?

That armour will be too heavy for our troops, and given that they still use rifle rounds in abundance compared to their SMGs, there's not much protection to be gained.
Armor for stormtroopers. Stormtroopers engage in close fighting. Thus, the enemy will be using SMGs. Ergo, we earn an advantage, because we have armor that lets men survive being shot.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 12:05:33 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: August 12, 2015, 12:09:26 am »

infantry assault armour

u wot m8
why no +1. Think how useful it would be if it works. We won't even have to invent kevlar.
-1, seriously.
Armour is definitive useful in stopping most injuries, but using a design phase on body armour of questionable effectiveness (and of high weight) is certainly overkill.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: August 12, 2015, 12:16:20 am »

-1 to the armour
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: August 12, 2015, 04:20:13 am »

Is it too late to jump into this? If not, I think further investment in artillery would be a good idea. We have the technology to do a lot better than what either side has now, and I think a smallish, cheap piece with some AT capability would do us a lot of good, especially in the mountains or jungle.

G1 Thunderer

A 2.5-inch gun mounted on a light wheeled carriage with a front-facing shield to protect its crew from small arms fire, which can be towed or pushed short distances. It uses a sliding-block mechanism, and is equipped with a muzzle brake and springs to manage recoil. It can chamber APHE and smoke in addition to standard shells.
We already have a mobile gun in the form of the SPAT. If we want a new light mobile gun, modernizing that would probably be better.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: August 12, 2015, 04:43:21 am »

G1 Thunderer

We already have a mobile gun in the form of the SPAT. If we want a new light mobile gun, modernizing that would probably be better.
Actually that is not a mobile gun at all. Its an emplacement howitzer.

The problem of the design is that we don't actually need another small caliber howitzer, if at all.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: August 12, 2015, 06:17:23 am »

If we really want a howitzer, let's make a nice, big, long range one:

Crasher Heavy Howitzer
Barrel size of 8in by 11ft 6in, this is currently the largest artillery gun on the continent. Weighing in at about 8 tons, it requires a dedicated tractor for towing. It fires 200lb shells, of HE, AP and Smoke variants. It also uses a Hydro-neumatic recuperator to manage recoil, and all in all, it looks suspiciously like the British BL 8-inch.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: August 12, 2015, 07:05:06 am »

The issue with that is that the B2 Destroyer is already better arty then they have, and the Crasher won't help in either the Jungle or the Mountains. Maybe a Heavy Mortar to trump their light ones? Or a Tank Destroyer of our own to counter their now more common and perhaps a bit better then ours tanks.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 07:10:12 am by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 135