Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97164 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1929 Design
« Reply #1125 on: August 11, 2015, 08:32:43 am »

Hippo Recoilless Rifle
A thorough redesign on the Rhino, this time we finally should exploit the use of exhaust gases to reduce recoil to a Moskurgan-tolerable level. The design called for HE and APSH rounds. Sufficiently advanced optical sights are designed to mainly provide a means of drop compensation.

+1 to this.

I also call for a revision of our vehicles to have slat armour. If we can spend a revision action to counter their design action, we come out ahead.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 08:37:06 am by Kashyyk »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: August 11, 2015, 08:33:20 am »

how improbable would it be for us to make recoilless naval guns for casual desert use?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: August 11, 2015, 08:34:57 am »

A fair point. I wanted to put it forward as something not to forget though.

PPE: My post was not arguing for NBC agents, in fact against.
I basically argue against NBC agents. At least it is not in the spirit of this game.

It seems that we are torn between AT Recoilless Rifles or Sniper rifles. Choices anyone?

Hippo Recoilless Rifle
A thorough redesign on the Rhino, this time we finally should exploit the use of exhaust gases to reduce recoil to a Moskurgan-tolerable level. The design called for a 2.2 in caliber, and capable of firing HE and APSH rounds. Sufficiently advanced optical sights are designed to mainly provide a means of drop compensation, with graduation for both HE and APSH ballistics.
What about a soviet range finder style reticle?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: August 11, 2015, 09:09:41 am »

For Sensei: I think the only design that has any votes is the Hippo Recoilless Rifle. Might want to wait longer for people to weigh in, 'tis up to you.

Revision-wise: It's Slat armour to counter RPGs or fixing the officer's uniform so they stop getting priority shot.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: August 11, 2015, 09:32:20 am »

Expensive is less suited for sale to Communist China for 3 turns of +1 ore.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: August 11, 2015, 10:02:17 am »

Expensive is less suited for sale to Communist China for 3 turns of +1 ore.
Easy.

Minor clarification: The Hippo comes with standard fare cheap iron sights, though its designed for use of an optical sight.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: August 11, 2015, 10:06:27 am »

taking advantage of add-on rules, i see

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: August 11, 2015, 10:08:10 am »

Or it could be one blueprint with interchangeable components of iron-sights and scopes.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: August 11, 2015, 10:27:07 am »

taking advantage of add-on rules, i see
Its not even an exploit. Its not a TOW rocket or Stinger which is ineffective without the computer. Its first and foremost a perforated tube.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: August 11, 2015, 02:58:34 pm »

Modular design is best design.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: August 11, 2015, 04:07:20 pm »

I vote for Hippo with an optional optical sight

Revision idea:

MK-477
Revise 20% shorter, 20% narrower and 20% lower version of MK-47. Also, create 20% narrower (0.24 inches) and 20% shorter bullet for it. If time left try to improve egronomics of the rifle.

Reasoning: Such rifle will have 0.8^3 = 51.2% of weight of MK-47s  weight, giving us a ~8 pound assault rifle. It is weight of AK-47. Downscaling is rather trivial engeineering task and we have a high chance of success.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 04:10:21 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: August 11, 2015, 04:12:18 pm »

We have a plethora of smallarms at the moment, so I feel slat armour is more pressing.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: August 11, 2015, 04:16:28 pm »

Getting even more ahead of them in small arms will prevent them from catching up easily. Also, we have good long range and short range solutions, but no good medium range weapon.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: August 11, 2015, 04:20:01 pm »

They are on roughly even footing on tanks right now, the new RR should tip it in our favour. The lighter gun and bolt should help negate the issue we had with the original.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1139 on: August 11, 2015, 04:57:28 pm »

I'm still advocating IR for tanks. Night attacks would be crazy effective if you could bring the tanks along too.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 135