Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97168 times)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1924 Revision
« Reply #780 on: August 03, 2015, 06:41:14 pm »

All we have to do is design a more fuel-efficient engine for the T2 and that'll bring its cost down to 2 oil, then we'll have a cheap enough tank to negate the advantage the enemy is getting with their super car!

Increased fuel efficiency in engines.
Ooh, +1!
I'm convinced. +1.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 03, 2015, 06:48:29 pm »

All we have to do is design a more fuel-efficient engine for the T2 and that'll bring its cost down to 2 oil, then we'll have a cheap enough tank to negate the advantage the enemy is getting with their super car!

Increased fuel efficiency in engines.
Ooh, +1!
I'm convinced. +1.
+1
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 03, 2015, 06:56:46 pm »

Alright, let's make our shit go faster with less fuel!

Hell Gate: This tear in the fissure of reality sits on the border with Arstotzka, unleashing a cadre of demons, devils and imps upon the countryside.  Requires some advanced research into black magic.  Resource Cost: 1 ore, 1000 souls of the damned.
Do arstotzkans count as damned? :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: August 03, 2015, 08:25:02 pm »

+1 to engine efficiency.

Also we are lucky to jam 2 phases in 1.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: August 04, 2015, 02:24:45 am »

I think that's enough +1's to engine efficiency Sensei!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: August 04, 2015, 02:52:02 am »

Rejoice, for I have returned!

It looks like everyone wants to save gas, but isn't clear about how to do it. Hmmm... *tosses dice*

Diesel Engine: Instead of using a spark plug, this engine compresses cylinders until the fuel-air mixture ignites from heat induced by the compression. It's more efficient than a regular petrol engine, and the difference is felt particularly in large applications. It's also a little heavier per horsepower, powerful but runs at a slower speed, making it more ideal for tanks than, say, planes or motorcycles. In a pinch, it can run on strong spirits. Your diesel engines are currently carbeurated. -1 Oil, can cause weight-related bugs in small vehicles.

You can stick this in the T2, since it hasn't hit the assembly lines yet, and diesel engines are well suited to tanks anyway. Other stuff will require a revision.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: August 04, 2015, 03:19:54 am »

Rejoice, for I have returned!

It looks like everyone wants to save gas, but isn't clear about how to do it. Hmmm... *tosses dice*

Diesel Engine: Instead of using a spark plug, this engine compresses cylinders until the fuel-air mixture ignites from heat induced by the compression. It's more efficient than a regular petrol engine, and the difference is felt particularly in large applications. It's also a little heavier per horsepower, powerful but runs at a slower speed, making it more ideal for tanks than, say, planes or motorcycles. In a pinch, it can run on strong spirits. Your diesel engines are currently carbeurated. -1 Oil, can cause weight-related bugs in small vehicles.

You can stick this in the T2, since it hasn't hit the assembly lines yet, and diesel engines are well suited to tanks anyway. Other stuff will require a revision.
(We should have talked about Fuel injection, but it seems the diesel is a better bet.)

Stick it in the T2 and tiger.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 03:27:49 am by evilcherry »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: August 04, 2015, 03:34:32 am »

Just need the doctrine revision for our fighters.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1925 Design
« Reply #788 on: August 04, 2015, 05:10:09 am »

Anyone want to design our own Autocannon and then refit the Struunk I with it?
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: August 04, 2015, 05:12:13 am »

we could just take the stallion, give it rotating barrels and an engine to handle the rotating of barrels/rotating of whole apparatus

i've proposed that years ago

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: August 04, 2015, 05:15:32 am »

Nice, we now get to design two new toys.

Problems:

Air:
- We are about to lose parity if we can't keep up with their supercharged DI engines.
- We have little answer except propaganda to their dive bombers.

Desert:
- We are gaining ground but we need to keep up the momentum. As they WILL create a good tank to counter our threat perhaps we need a a tank destroyer to compliment the breaker (or we might just get a bigger gun).
- They got a much more modern LMG against our brumby, not unlike the Browning Automatic Rifle.
- We are not winning in the air. The 1.6 inch should work as an AA gun but its too expensive for a design phase.

Mountains:

- Their LMG shines there.
- Their mortar are simply more effective than our RR at standoff ranges.
- We lack the means to do a decisive push.

Jungle:

- Once again their LMG is great.
- Their Mortar is a great defensive weapon compared to our RR.

That means we need for this turn:

- LMGs is a must.
- Service rifles might get us a slight advantage.
- We need something to counter their mortar. We couldn't do worse by designing one but I feel there are better ways available.
- We need some anti-tank or anti-anti-tank.
- We need to revise our fighter.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: August 04, 2015, 05:17:35 am »

we could just take the stallion, give it rotating barrels and an engine to handle the rotating of barrels/rotating of whole apparatus

That will not equal an actual autocannon, if nothing else because of caliber issues. Also, I doubt that rotating machine guns could be reloaded very easily at all. If we want more then one Stallion, it's better to just have twin linked ones or such.

What I'd like to do is to design an autocannon this turn, and then spend our revision on ammo again and get some nice explosive bullets for said autocannon (And maybe flare, armor piercing, and (non-alcohol based) incendiary rounds of our own too, if the dice are kind). That should be a good advantage on the ground, and then next turn we can design a fighter around it which should put the firepower on our side for once, as well as be totally suited for shooting up their planes and vehicles.

For our air issues this turn, our Wasps are about to become Non-Expensive as we get our oil back, so by sheer numbers we should be able to hold out here.

For the mountain, I'd like to steal their Mortar this turn. That'll help both there and in the Jungle.
Forenia Forever!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: August 04, 2015, 05:24:23 am »

So, is the design chit an extra design, an extra revision, or a bonus to a roll for one?

If we get three, I'd recommend, in order, a big field gun, say 25 pdr and truck-towed, so we have some answer if they roll out a big tank of their own, or keep the offensive rolling if they don't, a rev to the fighter to make it all aluminum and diesel engined, which should hopefully keep it tops in speed, and then make our small arty into a pack arty, and hopefully more accurate as well.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: August 04, 2015, 05:25:58 am »

Generally a Design Chit is just an Extra Design. And I'd totally support using it to finally get around to updating our mobile artillery.
Forenia Forever!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: August 04, 2015, 05:29:52 am »

That will not equal an actual autocannon, if nothing else because of caliber issues. Also, I doubt that rotating machine guns could be reloaded very easily at all. If we want more then one Stallion, it's better to just have twin linked ones or such.

here i thought .60cal is ever so slightly over the machinegun-autocannon line, but then i am not glorious enough for glorious imperial

so how about we make the cannon 1.2cal? i insist on the barrels rotating somehow though, that'd increase rate of fire greatly and that was an issue with anything largecal we built

/or/ we can make turn our tank gun into an autocannon somehow, that'd be moskung as fuck
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 135