Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97297 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1923 Design
« Reply #720 on: August 02, 2015, 08:10:10 pm »

IIRC, the Arstotzkans don't actually have a full aluminum fighter yet.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 03, 2015, 01:12:19 am »

M3 ??? Fighter
A monowing aluminium-reinforced fighter with cantilever wings and a new radial engine armed with a stallion in the nose. Designed to just be plain faster than the AS-19 Fighter, if not more manoeuvrable. Essentially designed purely to swat enemy fighters from the sky before anything can bring fire on it.

M3 _____ Fighter: Using some aluminum structure, Moskurg is able to create their first sturdy cantilevered monoplane. Most of the aluminum is used to support the wings while the tail and body are made of (mostly) wood. The wings mount in the middle of the fuselage, with the pilot sitting between them and a fat radial engine in front. Due to its single pair of wings and lack of struts, than previous airplanes. The engine is also a bit of a monster, a 14 cylinder radial engine in two rows of 7 cyclinders. This makes it really quite fast. It mounts an M1 Stallion with interrupter gear. The plane pitches and rolls quickly on its single wing, but needs to be going faster than a biplane and this tends to make fast-but-wide turns. At its top speed, its fixed landing gear causes instability and its wooden tail structure warps one way and the other, threatening to break. Costs 2 ore, 3 oil.

Revise!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1923 Revision
« Reply #722 on: August 03, 2015, 01:33:38 am »

I need exact numbers there. How low is its never exceed speed? Is it faster than our bomber?

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 03, 2015, 02:00:16 am »

I'm not going to make vehicle entries a mess of exact numbers, but its' the fastest thing you've seen flying even when at a stable speed. It could be made faster by improving stability, and its instability at speed is a hazard in evasive dives and such.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 03, 2015, 02:10:59 am »

M3 _____ Fighter: Using some aluminum structure, Moskurg is able to create their first sturdy cantilevered monoplane. Most of the aluminum is used to support the wings while the tail and body are made of (mostly) wood. The wings mount in the middle of the fuselage, with the pilot sitting between them and a fat radial engine in front. Due to its single pair of wings and lack of struts, than previous airplanes. The engine is also a bit of a monster, a 14 cylinder radial engine in two rows of 7 cyclinders. This makes it really quite fast. It mounts an M1 Stallion with interrupter gear. The plane pitches and rolls quickly on its single wing, but needs to be going faster than a biplane and this tends to make fast-but-wide turns. At its top speed, its fixed landing gear causes instability and its wooden tail structure warps one way and the other, threatening to break. Costs 2 ore, 3 oil.
I think the bolded sentence is missing a word.

Anyway, probably should see about Revising to decrease the Oil Cost? We can see about revising it again for stability issues next turn if needed, but for now it'd probably be best to make sure we can mass produce the thing.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 03, 2015, 02:13:02 am »

I think the bolded sentence is missing a word.

Anyway, probably should see about Revising to decrease the Oil Cost? We can see about revising it again for stability issues next turn if needed, but for now it'd probably be best to make sure we can mass produce the thing.
Name it the Wasp.

Or we use our resource credit on it.

Revise radio.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 03, 2015, 02:56:19 am »

+1 to what evilcherry said.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 03, 2015, 03:12:51 am »

Cool, it's now called the M3 Wasp Fighter.

Your engineers set about doing the radio right this time...

Model 3 Radio: Another vacuum tube radio, still Expensive due to complexity, which now comes as a pair of 30 pound boxes (one of batteries and one of the radio itself). Each box is man portable on its own, and has to be assembled together to work. It also includes a light, flexible antenna instead of a radio mast, which can either be erected up a tent pole or worked into the frame of a vehicle. The result is that it takes up two mens' primary weapon slots instead of a wheelbarrow, making it portable by a mobile squad and useable after about a minute of setup. Alternatively, it can fit into most vehicles without affecting performance. Also importantly, it can now transmit and receive audio instead of just morse code, making communication faster in general.

You have gained Batteries II, Radio (Audio)

This will affect your Model 1 Biplanes.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1923 Production
« Reply #728 on: August 03, 2015, 03:38:03 am »

With the potentially more powerful revision action,  next turn we revise a radio into all the things!

Ahem. Should we expense credit the new fighter or hold on to it. I think that's our main decision here.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 03, 2015, 03:42:06 am »

I say we chit the bomber.  We have enough recon biplanes to help with fighter numbers, and the superior fighter to help win air superiority in sweeps.  Chitting the bomber means we can really hit them in the ground.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 03, 2015, 03:44:12 am »

Hitting them on the ground hasn't been about a lack of bombers, so much as a lack of bombers who can get through.

Aargh.  Chit the fighter so they can clear a path for the bombers to get through.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 03, 2015, 04:30:29 am »

The bombers are also not defenceless with the rear struunk.

Anyway, if we take the mountains, I say we make sure with a mountain gun next year.  Keeping that ore would be very nice.

A mountain gun is basically a small, shortbarreled artillery piece, say 3.5" designed to be broken down into pieces allowing it to be carried by horses and men.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 04:38:58 am by Devastator »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 03, 2015, 04:32:25 am »

Oh, and I thought the guns on train cars was simply a flatbed car with a pintile-mounted struunk parked on it.

Also, fixing railway cuts is pretty quick and easy.  If you go at it, you can cut it, but keeping it cut is fairly hard.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 03, 2015, 05:05:58 am »

At the same time though, developing a proper tank gun would be worthwhile. That, and making the recoiless reloadable :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1924 Design
« Reply #734 on: August 03, 2015, 05:23:28 am »

+1 to a proper tank gun.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 135