Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97135 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1912 Design
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2015, 07:24:21 pm »

They need to get close enough to shoot first Player. And I doubt that'll happen any time soon. Thus, I support making a marksman version of the HK.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2015, 07:28:10 pm »

They need to get close enough to shoot first Player. And I doubt that'll happen any time soon. Thus, I support making a marksman version of the HK.
Concur and rule of 3.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2015, 07:44:00 pm »

Your engineers set to work on a revision of the Horsekiller.

Horsekiller 1912: This revised version of the Horsekiller includes a set of good iron sights, which are adjustable for ranges up to one and a half miles. A contoured front grip is added. A skilled soldier can now hit from very far away with a Horsekiller, but the shotgun-style breech-loading prevents quick follow-up shots. These modifications apply to the carbine used by infantry as well, through the new sights are not as useful when firing from a moving horse.

1912 Battle Report later tonight, everyone!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1913 Design
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2015, 03:37:39 am »

Welp that rifle is annoying :(

Spoiler: Model 1 Service Rifle (click to show/hide)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2015, 03:47:39 am »

And supporting that rifle.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2015, 04:47:42 am »

Also supporting a rifle.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 11:33:19 am by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2015, 08:43:27 am »

« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 10:20:39 am by Dampe »
Regards,
Dampe

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2015, 12:38:28 pm »

Which ever rifle we make should be a blowback system, like the PPSH
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2015, 01:36:35 pm »

Considering we don't even have magazine, or clip tech we should probably go for a smaller magazine not a sixteen round one.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2015, 02:02:17 pm »

You know, we could just blatantly copy the Nosin-Magant. Just file off a few letters or something.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2015, 03:35:46 pm »

Welp that rifle is annoying :(

+1

I hope we can make it cheap enough that it's not just an officer weapon. I think the next thing on our list should be grenades (rifle grenades? cheaper than mortars) since we're losing in the jungle.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2015, 03:36:33 pm »

Which ever rifle we make should be a blowback system, like the PPSH
Regards,
Dampe

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2015, 05:23:53 pm »

You didn't specify the action. I'm assuming what you're going for is a simple bolt, since you want it to be loaded by clips. That would certainly be easier.

Model 1 Service Rifle: A .30 caliber rifle, loaded from a 5-round clip much like the Mosin-Nagant. However, early experiments with bolt action suffered from difficult chambering new rounds, and the engineering team instead opted to make a lever-action rifle. Moskurg shooters favor this design, which keeps their hand close to the trigger. Includes iron sights, with an accuracy and stopping power very similar to the Nosin. It can fire somewhat faster, however, at the cost of some accuracy. Includes bayonet lugs.

You have gained the Clips and Magazines technology, Lever-Action technology.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1913 Revision
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2015, 06:34:15 pm »

Alright, now that we have that magazine tech, we can work on a design for a cheap, efficient, reliable semiautomatic rifle. Here's my design.

Regards,
Dampe

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1913 Revision
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2015, 06:37:19 pm »

Make an armored car with 15mms of armor and a turret that rotates using electricity mounted with a .60 cal Horsekiller modified to be automatic. The vehicle should only be as big as it has to be to hold the crew and the engine to minimize silhouette. The hull should be friendly to infantry desant. It should have a top speed of at least 20 mph cross-country.

We'd wreck shit on the plains and the mountains with this. Armor's too thick for the vehicle to be damaged by anything less than an artillery shell landing quite close or a direct hit from an 8cm mortar. They'll need anti-tank rifles.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 135