Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 135

Author Topic: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1935 Production  (Read 97038 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, Moskurg: 1911 Design
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2015, 12:49:34 pm »

Okay, given the current circumstances, I think we may need to hold back on the car/truck idea until we regain the lost territory in the open fields, for that I propose that we start developing artillery.

Bombardier: a 3.6 Calibre howitzer generally designed as the 'workhorse' of our artillery. Whilst horse-drawn the range of the guns should render any mobility issues irrelevant as dirty arstotzkans are blown to smithereens. The gun itself shouldn't be too complex, given that it's basically a rifled tube on a gun carriage that shoots really large shells with lots of explosives to kill cowardly arstotzkans hiding in ditches.
+1
We shouldn't make artillery yet. We don't have the ore, so it'll almost certainly be Very Expensive, and it would be much more useful to replace the outdated, inaccurate rifles we're using.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2015, 12:51:54 pm »

We shouldn't make artillery yet. We don't have the ore, so it'll almost certainly be Very Expensive, and it would be much more useful to replace the outdated, inaccurate rifles we're using.
In my opinion artillery is a better option than making a rifle that is going to have far less firepower than our current ones. We'd be better served creating a new version of the Horsekiller that's more accurate than creating an entirely new 30 caliber rifle if you want to make a rifle. However in terms of the use of artillery one front heavily involves trenches, and now we've been pushed to buildings. Artillery helps make short work of people hiding in both of those.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2015, 12:54:22 pm »

.60 caliber rifles are unneeded. Too much recoil, too heavy, and the stopping power isn't really needed when a 30 will kill a soldier anyway. Again, as for artillery, we should design something we can actually use. A small howitzer isn't worth much if you only have a couple per battle.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2015, 01:12:41 pm »

.60 caliber rifles are unneeded. Too much recoil, too heavy, and the stopping power isn't really needed when a 30 will kill a soldier anyway. Again, as for artillery, we should design something we can actually use. A small howitzer isn't worth much if you only have a couple per battle.
True, think of the morale impact of seeing your buddy hit by a .60 though
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2015, 01:37:05 pm »

True, think of the morale impact of seeing your buddy hit by a .60 though
Not just that but keeping our main weapon at .60 caliber makes our logistics far simpler since both the Horse Killer and Horsekiller Carbine, and the Stallion all use .60 caliber ammo. Running low on ammo for the main rifle? Shift over some rounds from the Stallion. Running low on the Stallion? Shift rounds from the infantrymen over.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2015, 01:58:58 pm »

That, and at the moment, we do need something to counter the machine gun the Arstotzkans are using.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2015, 02:01:55 pm »

Trying to take rifle ammo, carried in single bullets, and loading it into a machine gun would never work.

That being said, we simply can't build an artillery gun right now. Maybe we could build a mortar or something, but we simply don't have the metal right now. Next year, once our trains have been fixed and we can lower the expense, maybe.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2015, 02:06:26 pm »

Well, we can probably do it this year providing the trains are fixed. I think what we need at the moment is fr our research facilities to increase how many projects we can handle.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2015, 02:16:11 pm »

We have a gas tank for our trains, could we use that to start work on a flame thrower? That would help on all fronts, especially in the trench warfare.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2015, 02:18:04 pm »

We need to get in close for that. At the moment, we kinda can't right now.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2015, 02:23:07 pm »

We are fighting in the jungle, which will be nasty and close as is, the urban warfare is naturally close, and mountains will either be close fighting in rock formations and caves, or long drawn out fights between valleys.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2015, 02:49:17 pm »

Trying to take rifle ammo, carried in single bullets, and loading it into a machine gun would never work.
Twas one of those things called jokes. :v

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2015, 02:51:14 pm »

It looks like we're still split between a mortar and a .30 caliber rifle of some sort. Decision soon?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2015, 02:53:32 pm »

Ill vote on a light mortar, that a battery can be attacked to a battalion and advance with the assault, and quick to tear down if we need to fall back. Something basic.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2015, 03:02:49 pm »

Hang, let me actually tally:

-Bombardier 3.6 inch Howitzer
Taricus
adwarf

-Mk1 Rifle, .30 cal breechload
Playergamer
evilcherry

-12 Shooter
Dampe

-T-1911 Carbine
Dampe

-Light Mortar (IE: Copy Arstotzka)
elfeater

Actually, I'm pretty sure what you're supposed to do is put the bullets into empty machine gun belts when you have time.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 135