Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 57

Author Topic: You are a Dungeon  (Read 47070 times)

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Dungeon
« Reply #735 on: September 03, 2015, 06:00:13 pm »

I think fire spells are elemental.

One Elemental mage (20 dp) equip with staff and robe
One skeleton (5 dp) equip with great sword and leather armor
One skeleton (5 dp) equip with twin daggers
3 skeletons (15 dp) equip with short spears, rotting bucklers and leather armors)

this leaves 130 dp
make Emperor bat (75 dp.)
add a hall (5dp) between the entrance hall and the stairs to the mausoleum. place deadfall trap (20 dp) in it.
place a spike pit trap (20 dp) in hallway leading from Entrance hall to bat room.
this leaves 10 dp

convert the health potion to dp

arrange minions as such: Bat room: Emperor Bat and four bats
Everyone else in the Mausoleum, with skeletons in front, captain bones just behind, archers and elementalist further back, but in line of sight of entrance. (is the entrance hall tall enough for the bats to fly in? If so, put the remaining four in there, too, up on the ceiling, naturally).

+1 I think this is a great idea. We get to make us of all the cool stuff we got from those adventurers, and also have a giant bat. Also it seems pretty obvious to me that a fire mage would have a lot more fire spells than a conjurer.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 03, 2015, 06:08:35 pm »

Hey, GM! can we get an explanation for the different magic schools? Do conjurers have fire spells?
Sure!

Elemental - Elemental Magic has to do with the manipulation of the main elements to create spells. Elemental Mages wield fire, water, earth, and air to perform deadly magic though they are also capable of minor support magic.

Illusion - Illusion Magic has to do with using mana to change what people perceive as real. Illusion Mages are capable of instilling fear in lesser minds, causing others to see specters or beings that don't exist, and generally change their perception of the world.

Conjuration - Conjuration Magic has to do with summoning spirits, and creatures to help or fight for the caster. Conjurers someone monsters (those that exist, those that once existed, and those that have never existed in this realm) for short amounts of time to fight their foes.

Necromancy - (Available due to your chosen Dungeon Location) Necromancy is the art of raising or manipulating the dead. Necromancers generally have the ability to raise the recently dead, support undead minions to a lesser extent, and harm a being's vitality.

Death Magic - (???) Death Magic has to do with Death. Even you are not quite certain of what it is capable of.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 03, 2015, 06:28:30 pm »

We could just summon fire golems?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 03, 2015, 06:55:44 pm »

I play to much crawl and assumed that conjuration is offensive magic...

skeleton archers are not melee characters. by the time they are taking hits, it's too late
Enemy may have their own ranged units.

why would you make a 40 dp mage and leave it virtually unguarded?
We have a squad of skeletons already + zombies are better meatshields. We can have spear+buckler skeleton or 4 zombies. I prefer the later

I like your idea of rogue skeleton... but I got a better

Anyway...

Plan V 2.0

1) Buy Emperor bat (75DP)
2) Buy Skeletal Mage\elemental (20DP, give him the staff and the robe. )
3) Buy Skeletal Mage\ilusion (25DP, Equip Twin daggers. Ilusion has great utility and useful against many opponents. And he got daggers to kill opponents he fools. I want illusionist\mage here. He got no armor for greater mobility\stealth)
4) Buy 1 basic skeleton . (5DP, equip the greatsword and a leather armour. )
5) Give armor to  Archer Skeletons (0 dp, 3 leather armors)

6) Convert the loot below into DP
1 Lesser Health Potion [Heals 5 Health]
3x Short Spears [Damage 2, Reach]
3x Rotting Buckler [Block Rating 10%]

7) Do not advance to the next day  and make room\trap\minor minions procurement\troops dislocation decision after we complete procurement of major minions.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 07:02:57 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 03, 2015, 07:03:30 pm »

skeleton archers are not melee characters. by the time they are taking hits, it's too late

We have a squad of skeletons already + zombies are better meatshields. We can have spear+buckler skeleton or 4 zombies. I prefer the later

Anyway...

Plan V 2.0

3) Buy Skeletal Mage\ilusion (25DP, Equip Twin daggers. Ilusion has great utility and useful against many opponents. And he got daggers to kill opponents he fools. I want illusionist\mage here. He got no armor for greater mobility\stealth)

7) Do not advance to the next day  and make room\trap\minor minions procurement\troops dislocation decision after we complete procurement of major minions.
changing my vote to this +1 to the ninja skeleton
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 03, 2015, 07:22:51 pm »

Anyway...

Plan V 2.0

Switching my vote to this.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #741 on: September 03, 2015, 07:27:24 pm »

Anyway...

Plan V 2.0

Backing this plan.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 03, 2015, 08:52:43 pm »

Anyway...

Plan V 2.0

Buying skeletons and equipment is more expensive thanzombies, but we already have the equipment so we can use it on skeletons. Captain Bonesessesse also buff skeletons, but not anything else. We also don't know if zombies get upgraded eventually, but we do know that skeletons do. So I think that we should keep using skeletons.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 03, 2015, 09:17:21 pm »

Buying skeletons and equipment is more expensive thanzombies, but we already have the equipment so we can use it on skeletons.
Or we convert equipment into DP. We are not losing anything, equipment is converted to its full cost.

Captain Bonesessesse also buff skeletons, but not anything else.
We have enough skeletons to buff

We also don't know if zombies get upgraded eventually, but we do know that skeletons do.
I don't expect that enough meatshield skeletons will survive to get upgraded

So I think that we should keep using skeletons.
I don't mind buying X skeleton+rusty sword for meatshield purposes. It costs 10 DP and and I believe it is more cost effective than Skeleton+spear+shield.

My current plan will give us such high quality units;

a) Capitan bones - Him and his equipment costs no less than 50 DPs
b) His two spear+shield comrades in leather armor cost 25+ DPs
c) One new greatsword skeleton costs at least 25 DP
d) 4 archers, with one being somewhat inferior. Their equipment alone costs 20DP
e) Emperor bat
f) Attack mage
h) Ninjaskeleton(c)

+ we have 8 low level units (bats)

We need some cannon fodder cheap units and I see three options.
1) Skeleton + rusty sword = (10 DP)
2) More bats (10 DP)
3) Zombies (5 DP)

I prefer to make the decision after we will get a core high quality army.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 03, 2015, 09:23:14 pm »

My RPG senses are tingling. We cannot have the Emperor Bat fight with all our other minions. He shall only be allowed to dight alongside bats.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 03, 2015, 09:53:05 pm »

I prefer to keep the emperor in the bat room AND fill the room with pit traps(flying monsters don't care about traps) .

It will be a a very formidable second line of defence

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 04, 2015, 07:45:46 am »

Spoiler: reply to U_R (click to show/hide)

Lemme attempt a counter proposal again
175 dp
Captain bones: Leave as is
2 spear skeletons; convert bucklers to dp (+10)
raise two zombies (-10)
4 loot leather armor - give to archer skeletons and bow skeleton
raise 3 skeletons (-15) equip with loot spears.
convert remaining bucklers to dp (+15 dp)
(still at 175)

raise giant bat emperor (-75 dp)
(now at 100)
One elemental and one illusionist mage skeletons (-45) equip the staff and robe to the elementalist and the daggers to the illusionist. (or put the robe on the illusionist, either way)
(now at 55)
add a small hallway between mausoleum stairs and entrance hall, and add a deadfall trap there (25 dp)
(now at 30)
raise one more skeleton and equip with the greatsword (-5)
(now at 25).

convert the health potion to dp(+?).

you then have enough to put in a spike pitfall between the entrance hall and the batroom, or add some zombies

Spoiler: arrangement of minions (click to show/hide)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 04, 2015, 08:56:32 am »

Spoiler: reply to U_R (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: to save space (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: arrangement of minions (click to show/hide)
+1
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 04, 2015, 09:02:39 am »

You guys do realize we have Defy Death right? We could, instead of deleting useful equipment, just defy death our dead.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 04, 2015, 09:58:16 am »

we can only use it once per day, and we did that on a bat today. I'm good with keeping the bucklers, honestly. A few small tweaks to the current plan would be fine.

Edit: Later on, we should get a zombie with (un)death magic.
After every battle we'll bring her out of her hidden room, and ZombOprah will run around to each of our dead shouting "You get a defy death!  And YOU get a defy death! and YOU ...brrrrraaaaaaaiiiiiiinnnnnnssssss .... get a defy death!"
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 10:02:10 am by Ozarck »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 57