Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 57

Author Topic: You are a Dungeon  (Read 47051 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Dungeon
« Reply #750 on: September 04, 2015, 11:36:30 am »

we can only use it once per day, and we did that on a bat today. I'm good with keeping the bucklers, honestly. A few small tweaks to the current plan would be fine.

Edit: Later on, we should get a zombie with (un)death magic.
After every battle we'll bring her out of her hidden room, and ZombOprah will run around to each of our dead shouting "You get a defy death!  And YOU get a defy death! and YOU ...brrrrraaaaaaaiiiiiiinnnnnnssssss .... get a defy death!"

+134,436,298,720.3
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 04, 2015, 05:57:33 pm »

My RPG senses are tingling. We cannot have the Emperor Bat fight with all our other minions. He shall only be allowed to dight alongside bats.

I get what you are saying, but last battle kinda seemed like it was turned around by the bats. If we don't include them, we very well might have to "need" the batroom to hold the enemy back.

In that lane, I would like to propose;

Overhead Tunnel from "Batroom" to "Fighting Hall"
Basically, a tunnel just for our bats. Complete with multiple "Dropshafts" / Alcoves, where they can fly out of in a surprise-move to overwhelm our enemies in a single move. Alternatively, "just" Alcoves at the ceiling, where they are hidden and secure from ranged attacks, would also do fine.

"Synchronized Death from Above" ought to give a substantial bonus on the first strike, and make our fights a good bit easier - resulting in less casualities, less DP-Loss, and also a very nice touch.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 04, 2015, 06:03:12 pm »

I'm saying we can keep the bats with the main group, but Emperor Bat must fight alone, or only fight alongside bats. Otherwise, his bossness will be in jeopardy.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 04, 2015, 06:04:20 pm »

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 04, 2015, 06:33:41 pm »

I'm saying we can keep the bats with the main group, but Emperor Bat must fight alone, or only fight alongside bats. Otherwise, his bossness will be in jeopardy.

Thing is, if we have such a "ruling" in place, he will almost never see a fight, resulting in a needless expense, that we rather should invest otherwise.

If we want any condition to his apperance, how about this compromise?
The Giant Bat Emperor will only join the fight, if a bat / one of his underlings has been killed by the intruders. This would tie his appearance to a condition. One, that is neither far-fetched flair, nor all~ that easily met.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 04, 2015, 07:52:26 pm »

I like this "don't hurt bats" clause.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 04, 2015, 07:57:44 pm »

If we let there be survivors of the giant bat, we might get to the point where nobody tries to attack the bats because if they do their situation gets much, much worse than "skelly swarm".
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 04, 2015, 09:02:44 pm »

If we let there be survivors of the giant bat, we might get to the point where nobody tries to attack the bats because if they do their situation gets much, much worse than "skelly swarm".
+1, let's try this
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 05, 2015, 03:50:46 am »

+1, let's try this
I think he means it's a negative thing. I think we should let the bat fight whenever we want to, after all we have control on our minions.

Inevitability

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 05, 2015, 05:31:46 am »

We still haven't found out wether we can control or send our minions outside of the graveyard, correct? Let's try that with a zombie.
Order it to take a few steps into the wilderness and then return.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 05, 2015, 06:56:08 am »

We still haven't found out wether we can control or send our minions outside of the graveyard, correct? Let's try that with a zombie.
Order it to take a few steps into the wilderness and then return.
We know we can't control them outside. Adwarf declared that in response to the same question several rounds ago.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: September 05, 2015, 07:42:02 am »

+1, let's try this
I think he means it's a negative thing. I think we should let the bat fight whenever we want to, after all we have control on our minions.
Why does everyone assume I'm a guy...
It's more "make sure there are no survivors when the bat comes out."
Sigtext!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are a Dungeon
« Reply #762 on: September 11, 2015, 06:03:39 pm »

Day 15, Part 5
With numerous new possibilities available to you there is little need for hesitation as you begin to use the power you gained from the intruders to restore your forces back to an acceptable level. Soon three new skeletons claw themselves free of their former graves, but two of them have successfully been crafted with the ability to store mana. These new magic users you send to take up the slain thief, and mage's equipment while the normal skeleton takes the warrior's gear to somewhat restore your crushed close combat forces. However all of this is almost nothing in the face of the Giant Bat Emperor's birth as a golden rift tears open in the Batroom, and a massive figure comes swooping through in an instant from a place that resembles an endless silvery void that felt completely empty of even a drop of mana.

As you examine the Giant Bat Emperor in curiosity you notice the giant bats in the batroom instantly leave their resting places to come and preform crude bows in front of it. The Emperor looked down at them for a moment before taking flight and choosing a secluded corner of the batroom to be its resting spot before giving off an oppressive aura that seemed to make the other giant bats tremble in fear as they found new nests or roosts far away from their new ruler.

Spoiler: Dungeon Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dungeon Management (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tier 0 Illusion Spells (click to show/hide)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #763 on: September 11, 2015, 06:44:23 pm »

Hmm. We should probably move our units around some, and set up some traps. I'd recommend moving our forces to our entrance hall, and setting up a couple of raised platforms for our archers to fire down from. in front of these we should put our warriors, and in front of them we should but some rockfall traps. Thus, if they stay back, our archers shoot them full of holes, and if they approach, the rockfall drops them in front of our warriors. The bats can stay in their own room.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 11, 2015, 06:53:11 pm »

Hmm. We should probably move our units around some, and set up some traps. I'd recommend moving our forces to our entrance hall, Been suggesting this for a while now.

and setting up a couple of raised platforms for our archers to fire down from. in front of these we should put our warriors, and in front of them we should but some rockfall traps. Maybe a pitall trap. the elementalist can use that earth spell to spike people who fall in (probably the best elemental spell, while the one that causes enemies to pause is the best illusion one so far)

Thus, if they stay back, our archers shoot them full of holes, and if they approach, the rockfall drops them in front of our warriors. The bats can stay in their own room.

I'd also recommend adding a hallway or two. Maybe one that extends from the stairs of hte mausoleum to the entrance hall, so a trap can be placed there.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 57