Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 57

Author Topic: You are a Dungeon  (Read 47041 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: You are a Dungeon
« Reply #765 on: September 11, 2015, 07:33:50 pm »

I think the best use of traps by far is to complement our minions. A rockfall or pitfall? Annoying, but your rogue will probably find it before you step in it, and even if it does get you, you can always just get up and heal, or turn around and leave. A rockfall or pitfall, when you're getting shot at by archers and have skeletons coming to stab your face in? Much more troubling.

Edit: Though on the other hand, some kind of trap to stop people from leaving... That could be useful.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 11, 2015, 08:04:52 pm »

Pitfall into the batroom?
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 11, 2015, 08:24:16 pm »

Ooh how about the bat room is a giant pit except for a thin path to a treasure chest or actual treasure hoard.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 11, 2015, 09:02:51 pm »

How about this for a strategy: we create a bunch of zombies, then use them as meatshields while they stay behind some pitfall traps, and our archers do their stuff, while the elementalist casts fire spark (because fire bonus) at the enemies, and forces people that get too close to the pitfall or jump over it to fall via the stone needle. All this while the illusionist mental shocks anything with ranged potential.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 11, 2015, 09:28:30 pm »

I suggest a rockfall that pops when one tries for bridge the pit, should we have the DP and consensus on the pit.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #770 on: September 12, 2015, 04:34:38 am »

I think that rockfalls are better than pits, because they make it easier for our swordskellies to stab people.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 12, 2015, 05:17:43 am »

While I am unsure how viable this would be with our current funds, envision this for the bat-room;

Most of the ground is spear-pits, with a small, meandering pathway... actually, wait. Pixeling it crudely is way more efficient.

Spoiler: Like that (click to show/hide)

Obviously, the pathing could be done as to not waste any space, but just as an example it'll do.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 13, 2015, 02:27:01 am »

To those suggesting raised platforms for archers: At the moment you have the coffins of the entrance hall. You've not unlocked the ability for manipulating rooms like that.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 13, 2015, 08:01:56 am »

Then it's settled. No raised platforms. On the other hand, as a counter idea, how about traps put outside? Again, we only go one floor down, and have. . .  Three rooms? Four if you include our heart chamber. A pitfall trap can drop non flying crates down and let flying creatures up.

In the period of me writing this, I had an idea for a minion. A burrowing worm. That's as far as the discriptive part of my idea goes, but I am sure you guys can figure out what I mean
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: September 13, 2015, 10:21:57 am »

A Zombie burrowing worm that eats people whole, and is bright pink
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: September 13, 2015, 10:58:11 am »

Close enough.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 13, 2015, 10:58:57 am »

A Zombie burrowing worm that eats people whole, and is bright pink
+1 only make it a regenerative slime worm instead of simply zombie.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 13, 2015, 11:20:36 am »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 13, 2015, 11:35:46 am »

Then it's settled. No raised platforms. On the other hand, as a counter idea, how about traps put outside? Again, we only go one floor down, and have. . .  Three rooms? Four if you include our heart chamber. A pitfall trap can drop non flying crates down and let flying creatures up.

In the period of me writing this, I had an idea for a minion. A burrowing worm. That's as far as the discriptive part of my idea goes, but I am sure you guys can figure out what I mean
Can we dig deeper pitfalls than just one level?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 14, 2015, 09:57:42 pm »

I would like to update this, but currently I only have some very vague ideas from you guys to go on. Escaped lurker's plan is the only thing that has some actual solid numbers, and placement ideas to it.

Basically you're going to have to tell me what traps you want to place, and where. I could take the locations you've stated so far, and randomly decide how many traps to place there from what you guys have suggested so far. However, that takes a lot of the control from you guys and leaves me guessing on what to actually do.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 57