Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 57

Author Topic: You are a Dungeon  (Read 47073 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Dungeon
« Reply #720 on: September 03, 2015, 03:33:16 pm »

???Question:
Can we do things like putting the tripwire for the Rockfall trap over the spike pit trap?  Or just beyond it?
How much force does it take to break the tripwire?
Can we trigger our own traps?
Do traps reset without particular effort on our part?
1) For the sake of my own sanity some traps won't be able to be placed in the same space, but rockfall and spike pit traps together are fine.
2) Some walking forward into it basically.
3) Yes, you can.
4) They'll reset at the start of every day, but if there are intruders in your Domain you''ll have to kill them and then get a day to pass for them to reset.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: September 03, 2015, 04:03:11 pm »

Buy Emperor bat (75DP)
Buy Skeletal Mage\conjurer (40DP, give him the staff and the robe. Conjurer should have some fire spells in his arsenal)
Buy 1 basic skeleton. (5DP, equip the greatsword and a leather armour)
Give armor to  Archer Skeletons (0 dp, 3 leather armors)

Twin Daggers [Damage 3, Quick Attack]
1 Lesser Health Potion [Heals 5 Health]
3x Short Spears [Damage 2, Reach]
3x Rotting Buckler [Block Rating 10%]
Convert the loot above into DP

Then we shall think about new rooms and\or traps and\or zombies\bats for cannon fodder roles.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 04:09:04 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 03, 2015, 04:07:00 pm »

Buy Emperor bat (75DP)
Buy Skeletal Mage\conjurer (40DP, give him the staff and the robe. Conjurer should have some fire spells in his arsenal)
Buy 1 basic skeleton. (5DP, equip greatsword and leather armour)

Then we shall think about new rooms and\or traps and\or zombies\bats for cannon fodder roles.
+1.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 03, 2015, 04:18:11 pm »

Buy Emperor bat (75DP)

+1.
+1.
I have some plans as to what to do with that DP.
Should there be a suitable space, place a spike pit trap and a rockfall trap such that the rockfall's tripwire is over the spike trap in a way that it will trigger if bridged.  The pit should be in line with the walls as well.
The rocks, however, will fall out of the "square" that the adventurers would be on should the spike trap have been discovered.
If not: Make a suitable space, then do that. 

Preferably, tile this a couple times.  Also, make an entire 'wall' of tripwires in front of the spike pit trap, in addition to the tripwire that would actually trigger the rockfall stretched over said trap.

Heck, cover some random patches of floor in tripwires.  And then have some of those wires hooked to rockfall traps and/or over spiky pits.

Combined rockfall-spike trap.
Tripwall.
Tripfloor.
Tripfloor-Spike Pit.
I'm making new things!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 04:22:27 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 03, 2015, 04:21:08 pm »

Buy Emperor bat (75DP)
Buy 1 basic skeleton. (5DP, equip the greatsword and a leather armour)

+1

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: September 03, 2015, 04:23:41 pm »

I think fire spells are elemental.

One Elemental mage (20 dp) equip with staff and robe
One skeleton (5 dp) equip with great sword and leather armor
One skeleton (5 dp) equip with twin daggers
3 skeletons (15 dp) equip with short spears, rotting bucklers and leather armors)

this leaves 130 dp
make Emperor bat (75 dp.)
add a hall (5dp) between the entrance hall and the stairs to the mausoleum. place deadfall trap (20 dp) in it.
place a spike pit trap (20 dp) in hallway leading from Entrance hall to bat room.
this leaves 10 dp

convert the health potion to dp

arrange minions as such: Bat room: Emperor Bat and four bats
Everyone else in the Mausoleum, with skeletons in front, captain bones just behind, archers and elementalist further back, but in line of sight of entrance. (is the entrance hall tall enough for the bats to fly in? If so, put the remaining four in there, too, up on the ceiling, naturally).

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 03, 2015, 04:24:40 pm »

Buy Emperor bat (75DP)

+1.
+1.
I have some plans as to what to do with that DP.
Should there be a suitable space, place a spike pit trap and a rockfall trap such that the rockfall's tripwire is over the spike trap in a way that it will trigger if bridged.  The pit should be in line with the walls as well.
The rocks, however, will fall out of the "square" that the adventurers would be on should the spike trap have been discovered.
If not: Make a suitable space, then do that. 

Preferably, tile this a couple times.  Also, make an entire 'wall' of tripwires in front of the spike pit trap, in addition to the tripwire that would actually trigger the rockfall stretched over said trap.

Heck, cover some random patches of floor in tripwires.  And then have some of those wires hooked to rockfall traps and/or over spiky pits.

Combined rockfall-spike trap.
Tripwall.
Tripfloor.
Tripfloor-Spike Pit.
I'm making new things!
Yay+1
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 03, 2015, 04:25:35 pm »

3 skeletons (15 dp) equip with short spears, rotting bucklers and leather armors)

this leaves 130 dp
add a hall (5dp) between the entrance hall and the stairs to the mausoleum. place deadfall trap (20 dp) in it.
place a spike pit trap (20 dp) in hallway leading from Entrance hall to bat room.
this leaves 10 dp

Everyone else in the Mausoleum, with skeletons in front, captain bones just behind, archers and elementalist further back, but in line of sight of entrance. (is the entrance hall tall enough for the bats to fly in? If so, put the remaining four in there, too, up on the ceiling, naturally).

+1
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 03, 2015, 04:33:43 pm »

Elemental mage is the weakest mage. We can be relatively sure that conjuration school of magic includes fire related spells.

Armoring level 2 skeleton archers is important because we can't replace them

Skeletons are weak units and we better get DP from spears and rotting bucklers than arm inferior troops. If we want cannon fodder then zombies\bats are better choices being more resilient\mobile
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 03, 2015, 04:47:50 pm »

this leaves 130 dp
this leaves 10 dp

+1
+1
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #730 on: September 03, 2015, 04:55:04 pm »

Traps are best used in concert with minions - a line of pitfall traps behind a line of swordskellies, with some archers ad mages on a raised platform behind the pit traps, for example.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 03, 2015, 05:01:26 pm »

Traps are best used in concert with minions - a line of pitfall traps behind a line of swordskellies, with some archers ad mages on a raised platform behind the pit traps, for example.
*in front of.
Don't want our enemies pushing our own troops in.
Either that, or have an ambush set up.  The skellies would sweep the adventurers into a trap.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #732 on: September 03, 2015, 05:27:14 pm »

*in front of.
Either that, or have an ambush set up.  The skellies would sweep the adventurers into a trap.

Actually, on second thought a line of rockfall taps instead of pit traps. That way the skeletons can stab them while they're getting to their feet, and the archers can force them to charge or get turned into pincushions.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 03, 2015, 05:46:15 pm »

*in front of.

Actually, on second thought a line of rockfall taps instead of pit traps. That way the skeletons can stab them while they're getting to their feet, and the archers can force them to charge or get turned into pincushions.
If they're !ALL! ranged, they'll just shoot back.
I suggest not having the wires be in the same location as the rocks so the skellies can cut them remotely.
Sigtext

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 03, 2015, 05:53:37 pm »

Elemental mage is the weakest mage. We can be relatively sure that conjuration school of magic includes fire related spells.

Armoring level 2 skeleton archers is important because we can't replace them

Skeletons are weak units and we better get DP from spears and rotting bucklers than arm inferior troops. If we want cannon fodder then zombies\bats are better choices being more resilient\mobile
Hey, GM! can we get an explanation for the different magic schools? Do conjurers have fire spells?

We'll eventually get conjurers and even death mages, I'm sure. I picked this because
a) gives us two traps
b) everyone wants Emperor Bat
c) skeleton archers are not melee characters. by the time they are taking hits, it's too late. That's why I put them in the back. also, if you're concerned about losing dp from skeleton archers dying, why would you make a 40 dp mage and leave it virtually unguarded?

there's no real point in converting that stuff to dp, just to have dp. Especially since much of it is superior to the weapons we already have. eh, sure, convert the twin daggers if you want, but I think they will give some skeleton the potential to become a rogue type. We want multiple kinds of minions, right?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 57