Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 57

Author Topic: You are a Dungeon  (Read 47299 times)

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Dungeon
« Reply #540 on: July 27, 2015, 04:46:32 pm »

We promised them a reward. Or specifically the Blue One.

Unlock Surpass Death and grant it to the Blue Goblin.

Speak to him.

"Death does not hold domain within these hallowed graves. The fallen may rise once more. Fully Living. Or Partly Dead. Bring the bodies of your fellows, one a day may be brought to life once more, Aware of themselves. And in control of their own fate."

((I would assume Defy Death could work on any corpse. Not just a minion.))
I don't really like using Surpass Death on a mere goblin, but I'll +1 this anyway. Let's unlock Item Analysis too, since we have the XP for it.
Indeed, +1.
+1
+1
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Sscral

• Bay Watcher
  • привет
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 27, 2015, 08:38:44 pm »

Speak to him.

"Death does not hold domain within these hallowed graves. The fallen may rise once more. Fully Living. Or Partly Dead. Bring the bodies of your fellows, one a day may be brought to life once more, Aware of themselves. And in control of their own fate."

I don't really like using Surpass Death on a mere goblin, but I'll +1 this anyway. Let's unlock Item Analysis too, since we have the XP for it.
Indeed, +1.
+1
+1
+1
A three year old just made an artifact doll from the skull of his dead kitten. I can only assume the mind control lasted past death.
"Look, mommy!  Now I can play with Mister Fluffles forever!"

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #542 on: July 27, 2015, 10:16:50 pm »

Speak to him.

Indeed, +1.
+1
+1
+1
+1

Also, we should give them some kind of loot. I assume the stuff we makes lasts outside our domain? If so, give him a bone shortbow and the promise of more to come.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 28, 2015, 06:46:19 am »

A single bone shortbow is probably gonna look like an insult, like tipping a waitress a quarter. There were 40 goblins. The shaman is upset because he blames us for the deaths of eighty percent of his hunting squad. Might want to tip a little higher. One item per goblin at least.

pikorge

• Bay Watcher
  • bird on the dancefloor
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 28, 2015, 08:16:42 am »

A single bone shortbow is probably gonna look like an insult, like tipping a waitress a quarter. There were 40 goblins. The shaman is upset because he blames us for the deaths of eighty percent of his hunting squad. Might want to tip a little higher. One item per goblin at least.
I understand the logic behind it but, can we afford to give so much away?
And even if we wait until we can, I don't the goblin will have the patience and attack us.
Re: You are the evo ape.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 28, 2015, 08:17:14 am »

But, as we cna't currently do it, better leave it for after we have more power.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 28, 2015, 08:22:10 am »

"Insulent fool, you have brought me meager peasants, invaluable life. If you do not return with a better catch I will smite you and your tribe. Maybe I was wrong, dealing with you"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 28, 2015, 08:24:16 am »

"Insulent fool, you have brought me meager peasants, invaluable life. If you do not return with a better catch I will smite you and your tribe. Maybe I was wrong, dealing with you"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 28, 2015, 08:30:26 am »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 28, 2015, 08:34:20 am »

And I agree with Tom and Oz. We dont have the power to give all of them something, but, with such a sacrifice made, we cant afford to not do anything. Why not give him the eternal life in our domain,  and, also, give him a new, valuable crew member. Sadly, I think we still need to spend most, if not all of what we had. Cant blame him if what we gave him had a meger chance of success, even if we had a chance to go. He held his end, so we hold ours. Also, it hurt us more to lose more units before the main battle, in a fight, than to lose the goblins that are left.

My plan: either give him two skelliebums made of his scrifices, with rotted swordss, or give him a Skellie Commander with a bow.
let him know of his new power and charge, and let him know that, as our powers grow, so will his, and, as our power sinks, so will he.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 28, 2015, 08:45:32 am »

And I agree with Tom and Oz. We dont have the power to give all of them something, but, with such a sacrifice made, we cant afford to not do anything. Why not give him the eternal life in our domain,  and, also, give him a new, valuable crew member. Sadly, I think we still need to spend most, if not all of what we had. Cant blame him if what we gave him had a meger chance of success, even if we had a chance to go. He held his end, so we hold ours. Also, it hurt us more to lose more units before the main battle, in a fight, than to lose the goblins that are left.

My plan: either give him two skelliebums made of his scrifices, with rotted swordss, or give him a Skellie Commander with a bow.
let him know of his new power and charge, and let him know that, as our powers grow, so will his, and, as our power sinks, so will he.
I like this more. It shows our powers, and means that the more they sacrifice, the more they will get.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 28, 2015, 08:47:25 am »

Did we ever figure out if skelebums can leave our domain?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 28, 2015, 08:49:50 am »

Did we ever figure out if skelebums can leave our domain?
This is what I was about to ask. And if they leave, will they remain loyal? And even so, a skeleton, even a commander, seems like a meager return for 32 dead gobbos. Perhaps there was a wiser way than sending them of into battle away from our ability to aid them. Ah well, past is past.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 28, 2015, 08:51:06 am »

I guess that it was just bad rolls.

But I think that if our minions go away from our domain we lose direct control over them.

pikorge

• Bay Watcher
  • bird on the dancefloor
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 28, 2015, 09:55:09 am »

+1
Re: You are the evo ape.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 57