Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57

Author Topic: You are a Dungeon  (Read 47295 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Dungeon
« Reply #525 on: July 26, 2015, 11:25:27 pm »

we should casually mention it works on more than just goblins
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 26, 2015, 11:29:14 pm »

we should casually mention it works on more than just goblins
Probably a good idea.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 27, 2015, 03:34:50 am »

We promised them a reward. Or specifically the Blue One.

Unlock Surpass Death and grant it to the Blue Goblin.

Speak to him.

"Death does not hold domain within these hallowed graves. The fallen may rise once more. Fully Living. Or Partly Dead. Bring the bodies of your fellows, one a day may be brought to life once more, Aware of themselves. And in control of their own fate."

((I would assume Defy Death could work on any corpse. Not just a minion.))
I don't really like using Surpass Death on a mere goblin, but I'll +1 this anyway. Let's unlock Item Analysis too, since we have the XP for it.

This, plus analyse goblin's weapon and if it is not better than ours, gift them 3 bone shortbows

Changed my mind
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 11:31:09 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 27, 2015, 06:59:59 am »

Really? he's getting uppity at us. A little ... encouragement would be in order. Something like

"I don't recall telling you to assault an armed camp, nor to ail to assault a camp from a weak side, as you so clearly have done." Gather our army around the goblins at this point. "I have asked or human blood, spilled on this soil. And you have brought me this offering. For such" spawn a few rusty swords. "This is your reward." Then wait for the goblin to react. Kill them if they prove uncooperative, focusing first on the shaman. More xp for us.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 27, 2015, 07:01:36 am »

Really? he's getting uppity at us. A little ... encouragement would be in order. Something like

"I don't recall telling you to assault an armed camp, nor to ail to assault a camp from a weak side, as you so clearly have done." Gather our army around the goblins at this point. "I have asked or human blood, spilled on this soil. And you have brought me this offering. For such" spawn a few rusty swords. "This is your reward." Then wait for the goblin to react. Kill them if they prove uncooperative, focusing first on the shaman. More xp for us.
Showing them Death holds none here is likely more beneficial.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 27, 2015, 07:08:50 am »

I don't mind giving him the defy death thing. But he needs to know his place. I he is cowed, or at least respectful, sure, give him the power for now. But if he is hostile, Well xp is useful.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 27, 2015, 07:10:31 am »

It's an utter waste to kill them.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 27, 2015, 07:33:00 am »

Gentlemen, we probably can simply remove the Surpass death by giving it to one of our minions instead. So there is no problem on giving it to the goblin.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 27, 2015, 07:35:39 am »

Gentlemen, we probably can simply remove the Surpass death by giving it to one of our minions instead. So there is no problem on giving it to the goblin.

In fact, if all it does is hold death at bay, being able to retract that whenever we choose is an excellent hold to have on a trusted servant.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 27, 2015, 07:41:23 am »

By the way, if we can ressurrect any corpse. What would happen if we ressurrect a corpse that has previously given us XP or dungeon points?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 27, 2015, 09:32:34 am »

-1 to rusty swords +1 to surpass death and shortbows

They don't need more melee weapons and spears are better then rusty swords.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 27, 2015, 11:30:34 am »

Actually I like this. Why should we reward their failure?

+1

Buy both abilities because they will open next
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 27, 2015, 11:33:34 am »

We promised them a reward. Or specifically the Blue One.

Unlock Surpass Death and grant it to the Blue Goblin.

Speak to him.

"Death does not hold domain within these hallowed graves. The fallen may rise once more. Fully Living. Or Partly Dead. Bring the bodies of your fellows, one a day may be brought to life once more, Aware of themselves. And in control of their own fate."

((I would assume Defy Death could work on any corpse. Not just a minion.))
I don't really like using Surpass Death on a mere goblin, but I'll +1 this anyway. Let's unlock Item Analysis too, since we have the XP for it.
Indeed, +1.
+1

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 27, 2015, 11:35:25 am »

Im okay giving him his comrades back.  He might be stupid, but he's selfish and willing.  This is our chance to ensanre him.  Especially since he's currently too weak to defeat us.

Grant him a life of one of his comrades per day, and suggest he display to us his most fearsome trained critters.  I'd like to know what the goblins have that we can use or let them use.

As for his failure, he will recieve no material wealth this time.  He is instead to witness our power and plan a proper attack for next time.  We will demand a proper sacrifice for wealth, not 3 meager peasants.

We make sure he can only be power while in service to us.  Can we make an ornate 'alter' for which he will perform future rituals?  At the least its good RP and will confuse him as to the nature of our powers, and at the most its fun.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 11:36:59 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 27, 2015, 03:39:18 pm »

-1 to rusty swords +1 to surpass death and shortbows

They don't need more melee weapons and spears are better then rusty swords.
While I don't like rewarding them for barely anything, they're clearly upset and might just abandon us if we don't reward them immediately, so +1
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57