Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 57

Author Topic: You are a Dungeon  (Read 47177 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Dungeon
« Reply #255 on: July 08, 2015, 03:37:40 pm »

Just dont ask if he is done explaining, if you go that route.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 08, 2015, 03:42:56 pm »

What is the information that will be necessary our continued and/or knowledgeable existence, over any timeframe?
Then WAIT UNTIL HE IS DONE EXPLAINING for the next question.
I agree with this.
-1. Too easy to "mis"interpret. He's just gonna tell us the knowledge for the next twenty seconds or some stupidly short amount of time like that.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 08, 2015, 03:44:44 pm »

What is the information that will be necessary our continued and/or knowledgeable existence, over any timeframe?
Then WAIT UNTIL HE IS DONE EXPLAINING for the next question.
I agree with this.
-1. Too easy to "mis"interpret. He's just gonna tell us the knowledge for the next twenty seconds or some stupidly short amount of time like that.
Then maybe we should say month or year.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 08, 2015, 04:46:23 pm »

1) What entities nearby, such as towns, adventurers, or magical beings (yourself and your type eluded) will be the biggest threat to my heart in the near future?

2) What entities nearby, if any, will I be able to recruit, conscript, or dominate to act as allies or minions?

Wait to ask third question

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 08, 2015, 04:52:03 pm »

1) What entities nearby, such as towns, adventurers, or magical beings (yourself and your type eluded) will be the biggest threat to my heart in the near future?

2) What entities nearby, if any, will I be able to recruit, conscript, or dominate to act as allies or minions?

I think this sounds best. Maybe that really general question about everything would be more helpful, but this would be more fun, and I think I'd quickly tell like this information. Then maybe we can ask that other question.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 08, 2015, 04:57:37 pm »

"The History Of Existence"

That would be a very troll question.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are a Dungeon
« Reply #261 on: July 08, 2015, 08:43:50 pm »

Day 3, Part 3
"Heh, you already know everything you need for your continued existence, but you've already asked so now only two questions remain. Its quite simple really, to continue surviving in this world you need to kill people that enter your Domain in order to obtain Dungeon Points, and experience which you'll use to make yourself and your Domain even stronger. As you should already know the stronger a being is that comes into your Domain the more Dungeon Points, and experience you will gain from their deaths due to the fact that their existence is more valuable than those who are far weaker than them. Just keep killing those who dare to enter here, and then use the power you gain to expand your Domain through adding floors to make your Dungeon Heart even harder to reach. Maybe eventually you'll gain enough power to turn the incomplete Lich King's Vessel that forms your Heart into the complete thing, when that happens your power is likely to rise far beyond your current realm.

And with that you now know everything you need to continue existing, next question?"

Spoiler: Dungeon Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Guardians (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dungeon Management (click to show/hide)

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 08, 2015, 08:48:26 pm »

I think this sounds best. Maybe that really general question about everything would be more helpful, but this would be more fun, and I think I'd quickly tell like this information. Then maybe we can ask that other question.
I still like the idea of recruiting, conscriptijg, or dominating minions, as well as knowing of any significant threats.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 08, 2015, 09:01:19 pm »

What is the most historically clever thing a dungeon has done to gain power or resources quicky or effectively?
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 08, 2015, 09:02:51 pm »

I still like the idea of recruiting, conscriptijg, or dominating minions, as well as knowing of any significant threats.
Can we twist that in a way that its worded as one question that tells us everything we want to know?
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 08, 2015, 09:13:07 pm »

Can we twist that in a way that its worded as one question that tells us everything we want to know?
What entities nearby should we know about that will either be a significant threat soon, or could be convinced in some way to serve us?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 08, 2015, 09:18:23 pm »

What entities nearby should we know about that will either be a significant threat soon, or could be convinced in some way to serve us?
+1
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 08, 2015, 09:32:43 pm »

+1
1+

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 08, 2015, 11:20:32 pm »

What is the most historically clever thing a dungeon has done to gain power or resources quicky or effectively?
+1
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 09, 2015, 02:28:08 am »

We can only gain power from killing those that tresspass unto us. Which does not mean, that we can't send out troops outside / at least as far as we know at the moment.

So "Herding Inoccents to its domain, to gain power by killing them", is kinda the most obvious answers to that question.

Still, as soon as we become a "real" threat, not only to the foolhardy but to the common man, it would not be surprising if the local liege would want to make short work of us. As in, sending in a real army instead of letting some vagabonds do their thing.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 57