Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 57

Author Topic: You are a Dungeon  (Read 47143 times)

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Dungeon
« Reply #270 on: July 09, 2015, 07:04:00 am »

I wonder if we will actually become decent before the game dies

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 09, 2015, 07:05:17 am »

I think we lose control of our minions outside our dungeon boundaries.

1) What entities nearby, such as towns, adventurers, or magical beings (yourself and your type eluded) will be the biggest threat to my heart in the near future?

2) What entities nearby, if any, will I be able to recruit, conscript, or dominate to act as allies or minions?

Wait to ask third question

I think this sounds best. Maybe that really general question about everything would be more helpful, but this would be more fun, and I think I'd quickly tell like this information. Then maybe we can ask that other question.
I still like the idea of recruiting, conscriptijg, or dominating minions, as well as knowing of any significant threats.
Can we twist that in a way that its worded as one question that tells us everything we want to know?
What entities nearby should we know about that will either be a significant threat soon, or could be convinced in some way to serve us?
+1
1+
This modification is fine, but I feel that it will give us a less detailed answer. I'm still leaning toward my format, but mostly because I can't think of any other important questions.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 09, 2015, 07:44:28 am »

The issue with your format is that we have already used a question, which leaves us with two. We can either spend it one one subject matter, or on two. . . . . the format you have it in, currently, spends it on two.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 09, 2015, 08:04:58 am »

The issue with your format is that we have already used a question, which leaves us with two. We can either spend it one one subject matter, or on two. . . . . the format you have it in, currently, spends it on two.
As I said, I see no other useful or interesting questions to ask.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 09, 2015, 08:36:22 am »

In the next month, what will be the threats and opportunities we will have to face?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 09, 2015, 09:14:16 am »

pk wishes to ptw
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 09, 2015, 09:24:02 am »

« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 09:30:21 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 09, 2015, 09:29:54 am »

pk wishes to ptw
Well, start posting.
There's no formal process.

reading up.  currently wondering why nobody gave that captain skepeton a bow
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 09, 2015, 03:59:08 pm »

huh. Good question. It looks like it comes automatically equipped with the iron sword, rotting buckler and leather armor, which is about the best melee equipment we have. But putting it in the archer group would keep it safer. On the other hand, will that limit it's captain bonus to just the archer group?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 09, 2015, 03:59:34 pm »

I think we lose control of our minions outside our dungeon boundaries.

1) What entities nearby, such as towns, adventurers, or magical beings (yourself and your type eluded) will be the biggest threat to my heart in the near future?

2) What entities nearby, if any, will I be able to recruit, conscript, or dominate to act as allies or minions?

Wait to ask third question

I think this sounds best. Maybe that really general question about everything would be more helpful, but this would be more fun, and I think I'd quickly tell like this information. Then maybe we can ask that other question.
I still like the idea of recruiting, conscriptijg, or dominating minions, as well as knowing of any significant threats.
Can we twist that in a way that its worded as one question that tells us everything we want to know?
What entities nearby should we know about that will either be a significant threat soon, or could be convinced in some way to serve us?
+1
1+
This modification is fine, but I feel that it will give us a less detailed answer. I'm still leaning toward my format, but mostly because I can't think of any other important questions.
+1 to "What entities nearby(within 80 miles) should we know about that will either be a significant threat soon, or could be easily convinced in some way to serve us?"
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 09, 2015, 04:08:57 pm »

huh. Good question. It looks like it comes automatically equipped with the iron sword, rotting buckler and leather armor, which is about the best melee equipment we have. But putting it in the archer group would keep it safer. On the other hand, will that limit it's captain bonus to just the archer group?
1) Nah, It has its equipment because the winning vote at the time was to give it that, all your possible minions so far spawn without weapons (except the Bat which uses its fangs).
2) You guys could put the Captain Bones as an archer if you want, so long as the other skeletons are somewhat close they'll be in range of his Inspiring trait effect and thus gain the bonus.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 09, 2015, 11:05:25 pm »

ask why we need a rank.

After all, we dont need it to survive
PKs DF Mod!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 09, 2015, 11:10:20 pm »

ask why we need a rank.

After all, we dont need it to survive
Waste of a question.

InZane

• Bay Watcher
  • [PIMP_CANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 10, 2015, 12:25:34 am »

PTW
I PTW anything that seems interesting

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 10, 2015, 06:27:10 am »

IT is a waste of a question due to the fact that our rank is linked to our growth in strength, and, therefore, or survival. It doesnt mean that we need a high rank to survive, but, that a high rank, though giving us more rewards, pushes our abilities away from continued survival.
A better question would have been 'What rank he is.' even then, its not worth the waste.

Personally, I am more apt to find out wither we can consume the power of other dungeons. . . .  that is an important question for our survival and our empowerment. Eventually we may find out that there is a dungeon who, once others reach a certain point, feeds off those others. . . . . or we may be able to become such a thing.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 57