Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Gods of the Floating Islands (5/7)  (Read 9334 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Gods of the Floating Islands (6/7)
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2015, 10:43:12 am »

Turn One Info

Bonus goals earn you extra divinity. Entering a monster earns you extra divinity.

Bonus goals can be like "Have your people slay a great beast" or "build a shrine." Some may be island specific.

Monster entry goes like this:
You post that you want to enter. I PM you a set of options. You'll get three full creatures and 4 aspects. You'll then design a monster with the following format:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Final description of the monster: (Should not be a laundry list of what kind of stats it has)

Each monster has stats for each of these which determine the HP (depends on shape), the offensive strength (stength), and defensive strength (skin) of a monster. The other aspects determine how it acts during the battle. Based on these, it rolls to attack. If an attacker beats the opponents defense, then the difference between the two is damage. If an opponent is faster it will go first. If its twice as fast, it will attack twice as often. Heart and temper can modify the rolls or base stats. Intelligence modifies the creature's chance to utilize areana aspects like pit traps or lava flows.

Here's an example:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Turn One bonus Goals: (Points awarded at the beginning of two. As of now, everyone's income is one Divinity per turn)
Appear before your people: (1 Divinity)
Have them construct a shrine in your honor (1 Divinity)
Sacrifice in your Honor: (1 Divinity)

Turn one Monsters:
Winner 10. Second 5. Third 3. Participant:1
Monster assult.
Hosted by Noj.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 05:10:09 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of the Floating Islands (5/7)
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2015, 11:12:28 am »

Enter Monster Battle Turn 1

An excellent source of food...and he could visit his tribe at the same time...probably best to do that now, actually.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2015, 12:20:04 pm »

Enter Monster Battle Turn 1

Visit my peeps, wade amongst them and pronounce blessings to come. warn of hardships also - best not to give false impressions. Request a shrine, near the forward end of the island, a nest of plant-fibre beneath one of the crystals which juts out into the void, (the shrine is to be in the smallish cavern one the inside end of the crystal). Request sacrifice of every interesting bit the monkeys currently have on them, to show they are paying absolute attention to me, and not to the trivial things of the cavern floor.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2015, 01:47:24 pm »

A new BotG(-ish) game? Sweet i put it on my watchlist.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2015, 03:33:06 pm »

Appear on my island,teach the creebs how to build a shrine,if I can,put a ballista on the shrine when they are done
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2015, 04:19:21 pm »

((I would like to point out that 50 people isn't a healthy gene pool. It will result in inbreeding and stagnation. 464 is the minimum required to prevent inbreeding provided you have planned out the next 20 generations. 4k is the point where they can chose their own partners.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2015, 04:37:36 pm »

((I would like to point out that 50 people isn't a healthy gene pool. It will result in inbreeding and stagnation. 464 is the minimum required to prevent inbreeding provided you have planned out the next 20 generations. 4k is the point where they can chose their own partners.))
these have robust genetics, and divine power infuses their lives, enabling genetic growth where otherwise might be genetic decay.

Also, they live on ten mile wide islands floating in space, complete with breathable atmosphere, some form of gravity and fully stocked biospheres.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2015, 05:01:02 pm »

(( Bird bugs and spores, it all basses around them. It can make a healthy biosphere as some remote realworld islands show, given that there other tribes in this world maybe you can also sucker of some population? Stealing wives and children the old Christian Wiking style. Island dwarfism would be possible for many mammals ... hmmm i am inclined to join just for the sake of creating an island with maneating flying bat-squirrels and plantbased jellyfish like floaters))
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2015, 05:04:55 pm »

((A. Magic B. Not necessarily equivalent biology C. vastly different reproduction systems between tribes C. More than 50 is really damn hard to support on a measly 10 square miles of land.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2015, 05:06:02 pm »

these have robust genetics, and divine power infuses their lives, enabling genetic growth where otherwise might be genetic decay.

Also, they live on ten mile wide islands floating in space, complete with breathable atmosphere, some form of gravity and fully stocked biospheres.

The 50 number is so I can easily determine the amount of points you get for your followers. It is meant to be low because of the apocalypse. All individuals are those who survived, even though in the past the gene pool has been much larger. There is some !!magic!! going on here, but really, its not supposed to be super realistic.

Also I'm modifying the monsters slightly. Check back to that post sometime later tonight. At some point soon I'll make a cheat sheet near the OP. The short version of it is this. There is going to be a god specific section where you design/describe the monster. As a result, a a plant god will have a plant monster with the given aspects while a fire god will have a fire monster with those aspects. I want the gods to feel like they are really creating the kind of monster their god really would make.

Also, I've added a special reward for the winner of this one (this will be a fairly common reward). The winner can send their monster to attack another god's island. This reward is worth more now than it will be in the future, because no gods have built defenses (which costs divinity you don't have) yet.

(( Bird bugs and spores, it all basses around them. It can make a healthy biosphere as some remote realworld islands show, given that there other tribes in this world maybe you can also sucker of some population? Stealing wives and children the old Christian Wiking style. Island dwarfism would be possible for many mammals ... hmmm i am inclined to join just for the sake of creating an island with maneating flying bat-squirrels and plantbased jellyfish like floaters))

Accepted  :P.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2015, 05:12:29 pm »

Appear on my island,teach the creebs how to build a shrine,if I can,put a ballista on the shrine when they are done

So appearing would be -1, and building would normally cost divinity (but in the case of the first shrine I'm gonna give it to everyone for free. I overlooked the fact that you wont get any more Divinity until next round.)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2015, 05:13:22 pm »

Will do the monster battle thing.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2015, 05:29:33 pm »

wait, why wold commanding the Tribe to build a shrine cost divinity? They gotta build it. i mean, if you constructed it yourself, I get it, but ... Wouldn't commanding them to build kinda be a natural part of a Divine Appearance? Oh well, no matter.

Perhaps it's the link between the divine and mundane that requires divine charge.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2015, 05:46:51 pm »

The command to do it is what costs divinity. They build it themselves, but you make it happen. Once again, that's a game thing, not a realistic thing. First shrine is free and gets built the first time you interact with your people.

Its mostly like that so that you can't build up a shrine and defenses and a hospital all without spending anything.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2015, 05:56:47 pm »

8) challenge accepted.

Spoiler: God (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Island (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tribe (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 08:53:45 pm by Heph »

Proud to be a Furry.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10