Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Gods of the Floating Islands (5/7)  (Read 9336 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Gods of the Floating Islands (5/7)
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2015, 06:16:13 pm »

You emerge from the eternal light that is the source of the gods divinity. No one crafted you, you crafted yourself. The sheer power of your will and consciousness brought together the physical manifestation that is you. You appear beneath an archway in a celestial courtyard. This is Parthenon. It is the home of the gods, the mini-universe that they inhabit. And it's got a spectacular view of the mortal world.

A jagged looking angel approaches you with a clip board. He They seem to be made of light and glass. They ask you your name and sphere. You respond instinctually. They hand you a piece of paper. Yes, the gods use paper. It has your island and people listed on it. On the back is a map with several areas marked.

A: Overwatch, where you can see/enter the mortal world.

B: The Colosseum: where monster battles occur.

C: Divinity Distribution Center: Where minor-gods pick up their divinity points

D: Celestial Information center: Where important information is posted

You are now free to do whatever you want. You should probably check on your people or something. You only have one Divinity to start. 
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 10:28:01 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2015, 09:58:02 pm »

Alright, I guess its time to start.

Turn: Alpha 1 (Pregame)

Describe what your island is up to. A little about the goals of your leaders, people and gods. Even a little culture blurb.
This can be as long as or as short as you like, its just so I get a better idea of what your people are up to and in to.

Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2015, 10:02:38 pm »

The Dead Walk.

Roaming a land shrouded in death. Seeking the last bastions of the living.

Not a sound can be heard. Not a bird chirp. Not an insect's chittering. Not a wolf's howl.

It is Dead Quiet.

A once fertile land is as barren as the souls of the few thinking Undead.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2015, 10:40:09 pm »

Once (most) everyone posts, the first monster battle sign ups will be opened.

Gryffindork

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2015, 10:44:22 pm »

Sheela Goddess of Death heads over to the CIC to see whats what and whos who. She checks out the area in hopes of finding information
(as that is what this place advertises).

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2015, 10:52:31 pm »

There is currently no one on duty. The board says that it costs to divinity to appear in the mortal world for a turn (turn one hasn't started yet). It also says that everyone is out to lunch, if you're looking for monster clash sign ups, come back later.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2015, 11:15:05 pm »

The Hive awoke.

The Queen surveyed.

The Feast began.

In the heavens apart, Khesh scuttled across to the Divinity Distribution Center, where his first meal would be served...his people could take care of themselves, at the moment. He would teach them the best ways to eat in a bit...just once he had eaten some food of his own...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2015, 11:18:39 pm »

You approach the desk and tell them your name. The roundish angel made of liquid metal and wood says "There are are currently 0 divinity to be collected." You do notice, there is a cafeteria next door. 1 Divinity entry.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2015, 11:21:44 pm »

Hrnnng...that would be good...but he had only the one. Better to wait, and see if he could get more food later, when he was certain. Patience made for the best meals...and hunger was the finest seasoning.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2015, 11:31:40 pm »

A voice from nowhere states: island gods may now enter their respective islands. The current bonus goals are listed on the Overwatch information board. Monster design/combat sign ups are now available in the Colosseum lobby. As a final note, if you ooze slime, please stay out of the designated slime free areas.
From somewhere nearby you hear a feminine voice shout "That's not fair! I'll ooze where I want!"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
I made a Tribe
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2015, 11:51:35 pm »

God
Name:Huginn Muninn
Sphere: Thought and Memory
Spoiler: Physical description: (click to show/hide)
Personality:Huginn Muninn is curious, thoughtful, exploratory, reflective, and rational. not given to strong shows of emotion, Huginn Muninn is slow to act or speak, pondering its (use male pronouns for convenience) course carefully. Huginn Muninn likes to learn, sees the grand picture, and is more interested in solutions to problems than in conflict, power, or control. Huginn Muninn values relationship, as he sees that each is a part of a whole, and that we are incomplete without one another.

Island
Description of region: Roughly spherical and honeycombed with caverns, this island contains deep treasures long hidden, is rife with fungal life, moss, and slimes.A large network of fibrous plantlike life is interwoven throughout the island, surace and cavern alike. Deep inside are pools of water, even vast lakes. Great crystal formations can be found within, and even jutting out from the surface at various points. Insects, birds, and small mammals are not infrequent on the surface, and can be found in droves in locations below.

Reason why it sucks to live here:
The fibrous plantlike network is chemically reactive, and somehwat unpredictable in it's cycles. It can nourish, but it can as easily consume.
Another reason: the seas within are host to mysterious and dangerous creatures, which occasionally boil over into the caverns, consuming much, dragging all back into the murky depths. these creatures are referred to as the Hosts of Id.
Any extra reasons:The Tribe thrives on external stimuli, and long periods of inactivity render the Tribe dormant. frequent excursions to the surface are necessary in the long eras between worldly contact, for the Tribe to peer outward, studying the inter-island environment.
Anything else you feel is important:

Tribe

Race: Lightning Monkeys (Nuros)
Description: Vivid yellow, long limbed, highly active critters. they are essentially conglomerates of several disparate physical pieces, energized and united electromagnetically (or some mystical equivalent). Sometimes, one physical piece will be dropped by one, to be gathered by another. It is the interplay between the physical and the energetic that determines the individual. They inhabit the Fibrous Network, racing along it's long branches, eating what they can find, communing with one another in large, highly socialized groups. Individual Lightning Monkeys are always picking up some item, sound, sight, or idea and communicating it into the mass of monkeys, which races off to the next thing dependent on which input dominates.

Why they live in this awful place: Where else would they live? Some say their original home was in the clouds amidst the storms, others say they arose from The Seas of Id, and will return thence. still others thing their destiny is to wing between islands, drawing all together again, and causing the World United to look outward once more. Still others say other things, or nothing at all.

Tribe leader: He is called simply Ego. He is always in the midst of the Tribe, sorting amongst the various offerings of the changeable Lightning Monkeys, and acting on which He deems best, most interesting, or strongest (i.e having the most voices / loudest voices presenting it)
Your priest: Sego sits on the shoulder of Ego and whispers in his ear of things higher, things beyond the immediate, of Gods and Worlds beyond.

Culture: Highly social. The concept of the individual is weak, except on a macro scale. they view the entire tribe as "I" in relation to others, and often it is unclear if they view their environment as part of the tribe or separate from it.
Special aspects: physical pieces are essentially living conduits or the energies of the Tribe, their physical makeup varies, and any individual TribesMonkey can have dozens or hundreds of pieces. As such, their body arrangements are quite variable - numbers of arms, legs, heads, sensory organs, and internal bits vary. there are several essential types of physical pieces necessary for a Monkey to exist - a central trunk, a Processing piece, (other). A collection of pieces without the required makeup can still move about randomly., but is considered as animated parts rather than as an identity.
Anything else you feel is important:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 09:50:21 pm by Ozarck »

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2015, 12:26:00 am »

The creebs,noticing that the eagles have left for now,leave their "bunkers" that they carved into the rocks and work on fortifing their village

Sullag decides to visit the coliseum since there is not much he can do to help the creebs yet.
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2015, 12:43:05 am »

Interesting...

First, to check the information board...then to head down and meet his new food source...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2015, 08:53:23 am »

The Colosseum looks just like its name, a giant stone fighting ring, but when you look closer, you see the insider is currently filed with an ice covered landscape and a full fledged blizzard. There appears to be a help desk. The blue angel there is made of water and a suit of armor. Upon seeing your fresh and inquisitive face, they get up and give you the tour. There is the sign up board, which they say that you can sign up for by posting the phrase "Enter monster battle turn X." Then someone will send you your pieces and instructions in the mail (PM). Besides that, you can mostly just watch.

The board states that there is currently one tournament being hosted. It is hosted by Noj. There are no special rules or rewards. First place is ten divinity, second is five, third is three, and participation is one.

If you have looked down at your tribe, you should notice that it currently has 50 people. This is the starting number and will grow every few turns naturally, or by divine intervention.

@Ozarck: Accepted.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2015, 09:23:58 am »

The Volcano is active again, dark smoke is rising from it. This is a sign, a god will appear, as the prophecy states.7

The tribe of turtlemen gather around Krato who begins with the ritual there to appease and welcome a newborn god.
Their rave of ritualistic dancing shall begin, and the drums are beaten. Strange small spritelings are gathering in the centre of the village.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10