Tarkir. Charge the Frontier!
- 1 (12.5%)
Ravnica. City of Light. City of Magic.
- 6 (75%)
Theros. The gods watch over us.
- 1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27

Author Topic: Journey through the Multiverse: A MagicTheGathering game OOC  (Read 19459 times)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
Re: Journey through the Multiverse: A MagicTheGathering game OOC
« Reply #285 on: June 04, 2015, 08:18:33 am »

It would create two tokens, So it would take 2 focus to maintain both.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 04, 2015, 08:37:31 am »

OP says tokens don't count as permanent effects.

EDIT:

-Focus-
This is how many permanent effects a character can maintain at any one time. Summoned creatures, conjured artifacts, and enchantments all count as permanent effects. Tokens do not count as permanent effects. Characters who identify with the color White will have improved Focus.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 04, 2015, 08:48:59 am »

Well, I found a - hopefully - better use for those 3 mana anyways. If we can, we should avoid more of our planeswalkers becoming entrapped.

On another matter, I really underestimated the speed stat. Just glad I put at least 1 point in there ;o
Right, and since it doesn't seem to be covered in its own section, I presumed that activating an item also falls under "casting a spell". Else I'll have to make changes to my turn.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 04, 2015, 08:50:53 am »

Well, I found a - hopefully - better use for those 3 mana anyways. If we can, we should avoid more of our planeswalkers becoming entrapped.

On another matter, I really underestimated the speed stat. Just glad I put at least 1 point in there ;o
Right, and since it doesn't seem to be covered in its own section, I presumed that activating an item also falls under "casting a spell". Else I'll have to make changes to my turn.

technically it's an activated ability, if we're using MTG rules.

meaning it's not even something YOU do, it's something your item does with your mana.

Thus speed is irrelevant.

Hence why my speed 1 ass can cast and activate his boots in the same turn.

Also.

WHO THE HELL TAUGHT THE ARZORIUS COUNTERSPELL. AND ACCUMULATED KNOWLEDGE. THOSE WERE NOT IN RTRBLOCK.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 08:54:57 am by ragnarok97071 »
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 04, 2015, 09:17:49 am »

@ragnarok: when I asked the GM, he confirmed you were basically in the equivalent of "storymode" due to not having gotten into combat and that's how you cast and activated boots.

Are people remembering to take in account the -2 penalty to Channeling due to staying in Close Combat? Edit: I think not even Mira did in the GM's turn since she gained 4 Mana instead of 2.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 04, 2015, 09:19:21 am »

You all are not in the RTR block. I don't think anyone cares >.>

Woah, Caellath, Story mode is not what I said. Tutorial was what I meant.

@ RAg, I see that you are right on the tokes.

@ Escaped, You may token if you want.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 04, 2015, 09:21:30 am »

Also, Yes, I forgot about the close combat thing.

Also, I am stil ltrying to get the hang of a few mechanics for this system so do not expect everything to be working perfectly.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 04, 2015, 09:33:54 am »

Woah, Caellath, Story mode is not what I said. Tutorial was what I meant.

Yeah, but my question back then was basically asking if he had been allowed to do so because it was something out of battle - like some RPG systems have a "narrative" and "combat" mode, in my own words, "equivalent of 'storytelling' time" - and you said yes. Did you mean he made a mistake but since it's a tutorial it was forgiven?

So the next turn should I deduct the 2 mana or not? Edit: and I already have Arcane Teachings. It was put into play, even.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:36:26 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 04, 2015, 09:39:34 am »

You're able to draw more than one. Your library is unlimited, just unlimited with the cards currently in it baring artifacts and bought creatures.

As for That, Yeah pretty much. After this I will not be as lax on keeping all the rules.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 04, 2015, 10:42:23 am »

Should I post Livi's actions or wait?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 04, 2015, 10:53:19 am »

... But Equip costs are activated, Sorcery-speed intrinsics of the artifacts themselves. That's like saying it costs an action to use a creature's ability.

Either that or we're using them as a spell and the equip is free, in which case it's a spell and thus focus-based, not Speed.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 10:57:41 am by ragnarok97071 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 04, 2015, 07:45:07 pm »

If activating equipment didn't count as an action, that'd make my life far easier.
>Yes?

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 04, 2015, 07:50:17 pm »

Equipment you have equiped do not require an action to activate, just the necessary mana to activate it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 04, 2015, 08:17:18 pm »

Excellent for the person who has two pieces of gear at the moment.

Tell me, do you already have the pool of cards prepared for us?
>Yes?

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 04, 2015, 08:21:13 pm »

Yep. Each person has a pool, I'll list them one by one, and do the roll to see what you get. However, Combat is not over yet :3
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27