Tarkir. Charge the Frontier!
- 1 (12.5%)
Ravnica. City of Light. City of Magic.
- 6 (75%)
Theros. The gods watch over us.
- 1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27

Author Topic: Journey through the Multiverse: A MagicTheGathering game OOC  (Read 19454 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Journey through the Multiverse: A MagicTheGathering game OOC
« Reply #300 on: June 04, 2015, 08:37:21 pm »

Should I post Livi's actions or wait?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 04, 2015, 08:46:53 pm »

Well, I already posted my actions. Dunno whose turn comes next.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 04, 2015, 09:31:20 pm »

Up to you Kevak. I'll have the turn some what soonish, depending on IRL crap.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 05, 2015, 11:10:57 am »

Oh, Caellath, Azorius First-Wing Has protection from Enchantment's meaning that Forgeborn Oreads can't deal any damage to it. Do you want to change the target?
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 05, 2015, 11:34:41 am »

It has protection from Enchantments, but isn't the Oreads' damage-causing shtick an Ability instead? I thought the First-Wing's enchantment protection meant it was immune to things like debuffing Enchantments.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 05, 2015, 11:40:35 am »

It's because Oread, the one doing the damage, is an Enchantment Creature. It's protection from enchantments is referencing to all Enchantments that have targets, whether they be creatures, auras or otherwise.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 05, 2015, 11:44:09 am »

Here is the ruling on Azorius First-Wing:

Quote from: Gatherer
"Protection from enchantments" means that Azorius First-Wing can't be enchanted, it can't be targeted by Aura spells or by abilities of enchantments, all damage that would be dealt to it by enchantments is prevented, and it can't be blocked by creatures that are also enchantments.

Gatherer Link

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 05, 2015, 11:53:29 am »

Yes, I saw that. I just wasn't sure if it applied to abilities coming from Enchantment creatures.

As for changing the target, it depends. Do the characters, as planeswalkers, also gain a kind of insight that explains the knowledge of the enemy card a player gets when they see their opponent playing it? And can the Arrester answer Varkahl so I can make my mind on something?
>Yes?

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 05, 2015, 12:30:03 pm »

What insight a player sees is at the time of casting. As for Answer, the arrester plans on attacking one of the squishy people the second his turn comes up, so...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 05, 2015, 12:39:51 pm »

I meant like in a literal answer, though I guess that'll be enough. I'll get my action changed and done in a moment.
>Yes?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 05, 2015, 01:20:32 pm »

Double post for a question: as for the human power of drawing up a colorless mana, if I do it this turn will the mana ignite and burn if I don't spend it all or only if the pool's over the limit when the turn ends?
>Yes?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 05, 2015, 01:21:55 pm »

Only if it's still over the limit after your turn ends, I believe.
Black lives matter.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 05, 2015, 01:25:29 pm »

Only if the draw puts you over cap, and only if you haven't spent back under the cap.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 05, 2015, 02:13:52 pm »

Oh, thanks for clearing up. I'll edit my action and add a colorless to my pool then. My connection derped since I asked that question and I wasn't able to see the answer up until now.

Edit: all my Redness can't do shit against Lavinia. It's bad being Red, and part of the reason I was considering branching out at least into blue since it still fits the character's theme of creativity and crafting.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 03:57:49 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 05, 2015, 04:18:14 pm »

But yeah, the matchup here? A 4/4 prored that gets one turn advantage on us vs this broke-ass bastard.

Plus? He's a Planeswalker. Which means he gets spellcasting, where she doesn't even have an activated ability.

Also yes, you read that right, this whole gets up to five extra turns like four rounds in.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 04:20:07 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27