Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3079 3080 [3081] 3082 3083 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6094612 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #46200 on: February 18, 2016, 04:47:23 pm »

Despite the blurovision, I can clearly tell that that is gonna hurt. XP
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #46201 on: February 18, 2016, 05:27:45 pm »

Spoiler: A few invaders (click to show/hide)
(Sorry for the crappy quality. It seems I don't know how to do proper uploads..)

But yeah. This is my first fortress in 42.xx. Just passed the second year and everyone is getting wrecked. This might have something to do with the fact that I haven't found any other metal yet than candy. I've got a few artifacts already with candy stuffed in them, so my fortress wealth has skyrocketed. I was hoping to finally see a human caravan, as the exported wealth bug kept them away, but I fear the near-future of this fortress is going to get a bit grim.. I have only two military squads, half of them fresh recruits with no good weapons or armor.

I guess it was inevitable.
And Armok said to Random_Dragon, thou art screwed my son, as is the way of all things, while Random_Dragon screamed as trolls ripped his arms off.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 06:18:41 pm by 90908 »
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46202 on: February 18, 2016, 05:56:46 pm »

Que? What's all this about trolls playing a wookie impression at my expense? ;_;
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46203 on: February 18, 2016, 06:19:44 pm »

Que? What's all this about trolls playing a wookie impression at my expense? ;_;
That's what they do though. It's just sort of...happens.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46204 on: February 18, 2016, 06:31:52 pm »

And that is why cage trap spam is best spam. ;w;
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46205 on: February 18, 2016, 08:12:12 pm »

But why are the rolls doing it to random_dragon, and not Vuohijumala? He's the one with a few pages of blurry ogres and trolls and beak dogs (oh my!).
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46206 on: February 18, 2016, 08:26:04 pm »

That's what I as wondering. I've done nothing to these trolls, especially now that I can't make troll leather loincloths. XP
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46207 on: February 18, 2016, 08:43:53 pm »

But why are the rolls doing it to random_dragon, and not Vuohijumala? He's the one with a few pages of blurry ogres and trolls and beak dogs (oh my!).
Crap. It's at this point he realizes he used the wrong damn name.

Ah, well. Live and learn. And be embarrassed by your own stupidity.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46208 on: February 18, 2016, 08:49:46 pm »

Just claim that you were having trouble seeing things after looking at the blurry screenshot. :)
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #46209 on: February 18, 2016, 09:21:14 pm »

dwarves, dwarves happened

SlothPajamas

• Bay Watcher
  • Hear eloquence : Strong Need
    • View Profile
« Reply #46210 on: February 19, 2016, 01:03:08 am »

Second year of a new fortress, just had a wereape appear on a big wave of migrants, they're all going to die, it's a blood bath. I have only one sort of experienced axe dwarf to fight them because iv'e needed all my other dwarves to fill out important labor related positions, so the only thing i feel is worth doing is just sealing up the fort and watching the migrants get chewed on. At least an elven caravan will likely be taken out as well.

There are a couple of dwarves ineffectually shooting bolts at it, but nobody has even really hurt the thing. And there are currently nine dwarves acting as it's plaything. The only outcome i can hope for is they all die so as to not get their revenge when they turn into death apes.
Then hopefully monkey man will leave. I'll then have a nice new gruesome topic to make engravings of.

EDIT: Well i'm vehemently disappointed, the wereape turned into a passive goblin and now i have at least nine crippled dwarves laying outside who are probably all going to literally go ape, and i have no clue what to do about that, suggestions perhaps?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 01:15:15 am by SlothPajamas »
Lurking since 2013, i think.
Likes axolotls for their resemblance to a shining sun.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46211 on: February 19, 2016, 06:16:16 am »

I started a new world, with mineral placing turned up super-high, for a laugh. We have two bituminous coal deposits, at least two different ores of iron, bauxite is a common construction material as it's so easy to find, and I suspect that there's flux stone somewhere on the map. And this is only a season of mining in.

SO WHY DID MY DWARVES CHOOSE NOT TO BRING AN ANVIL?
One wheel short of a wagon

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46212 on: February 19, 2016, 06:19:02 am »

Just claim that you were having trouble seeing things after looking at the blurry screenshot. :)
Well, I'd accept that as a legitimate reason for it :D

I stationed my troops behind our gates to set an ambush, but of course my military ran charging after a lone troll and let themselves get swarmed while out in the fields. But luckily(?) I didn't lose them all, as about 1/3 of dwarves assigned to squads were reading in the library, hanging out in the tavern and doing everything else than soldiering.. A pack of goblins got inside the fortress and began wreaking havoc. Surprisingly, the main invasion force just left the map after mutilating my militia that had charged from the fortress. I wonder if they were just passing by after all..

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46213 on: February 19, 2016, 06:21:35 am »

I started a new world, with mineral placing turned up super-high, for a laugh. We have two bituminous coal deposits, at least two different ores of iron, bauxite is a common construction material as it's so easy to find, and I suspect that there's flux stone somewhere on the map. And this is only a season of mining in.

SO WHY DID MY DWARVES CHOOSE NOT TO BRING AN ANVIL?

don't worry the dwarven caravan will bring you some. Unless you settled on a biome that instakills caravans
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46214 on: February 19, 2016, 06:23:28 am »

Yeah, trading for it now. Also buying a lot of wood, apparently "sparse woodland" really means sparse at the moment.

Oh, re: the created wealth bug: should I change to .06 before the caravan leaves?
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 3079 3080 [3081] 3082 3083 ... 3842