Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3080 3081 [3082] 3083 3084 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6093713 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #46215 on: February 19, 2016, 08:26:37 am »

Meh. I just had to alt F4 and rollback 2 years for the second time this fort.

Apparently, when a human caravan is spooked by wildlife and leaves, item offloading isn't done properly. Ghost items remain. They're in the stocks screen, but not really there. If you zoom to them via the stocks list, it takes you to the map edge.

Also, caged animals left behind when a  wagon turns into wagon wood remain merchant(caged) indefinitly.

In short, a caravan getting spooked yields too much bugginess to feel comfortable playing on, so alt-F4.
This is a game started in .05 and transferred to .06 so I don't know if fresh .06 games will have this too.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Kneenibble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46216 on: February 19, 2016, 11:59:24 am »

I had that exact same problem this week with a game started in .04 transferred to .06, although it was the dwarf caravan.  Very strange.  I didn't even think not to save, though, so hopefully it doesn't cause any problems.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46217 on: February 19, 2016, 12:56:22 pm »

The elves just brought me a mate for my gigantic tortoise that has been supplying my kitchen with delicious eggs. If he's not gay, I'll be getting a high value shell industry up and running soon.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Williham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46218 on: February 19, 2016, 01:22:37 pm »

My scholars just made their first discovery, and The Truth about Mineral Remedies has become an overnight sensation, flying off the shelves and barely letting my bookbinder get to the quires for binding with green glass.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46219 on: February 19, 2016, 01:26:30 pm »

So are gigantic shells worth more than, say, pond turtle shells? I see that gigantic tortoises have a pet value of 50, is that inherited by their shells? It looks like a tortoise half the size of an elephant only gives 1 shell, the same as a pond turtle, so they'd better be more valuable, or your shell industry isn't going to go very far.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Zara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46220 on: February 19, 2016, 08:29:22 pm »

I just had my first undead invasion (in the first winter). I am thinking of trying something less challenging for now.. like playing Europa Universalis and fighting Russia and the Ottomans at the same time.

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46221 on: February 19, 2016, 10:08:45 pm »

Settled between two towers. First siege have occured already less than in 1 year. Well, that's hard to call "siege". One necromacer came with one elf corpse. Then he animated 3 carps' skeletons and have gone.

Ok. Toady nerfed undeads, I knew! So I selected militia commander (had only 13 dwarf in total), gave to him a helm, a shield and a silver war hammer, then sent him to clear up things. He was one-shot in body by elf's copper flail before did even a move. Such a shame, eh.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46222 on: February 19, 2016, 10:11:09 pm »

Ok. Toady nerfed undeads, I knew! So I selected militia commander (had only 13 dwarf in total), gave to him a helm, a shield and a silver war hammer, then sent him to clear up things. He was one-shot in body by elf's copper flail before did even a move. Such a shame, eh.

Even the lowliest of fluffy wamblers can get lucky and slay the mightiest of bronze colossi.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #46223 on: February 19, 2016, 10:48:39 pm »

Slain by an elf?

How disgraceful!

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46224 on: February 19, 2016, 11:03:27 pm »

Slain by an elf?

Well, the good thing is that it was the dead elf, at least.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #46225 on: February 20, 2016, 10:56:04 am »

Oh, dear. I'm reburying dozens of dwarves and just got the a job cancellation because "experiencing emotional shock". Looks like the new immigrants might not have experienced the wholesale slaughter which my more seasoned citizens have been through.

Tantrum spiral incoming? I hope not. I pity the fool who picks a fight with my military dwarves (i.e. my entire fort).
So you've been doing military training with all of them?

Could you give me a few tips on how to do that with my own dwarves?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46226 on: February 20, 2016, 11:16:55 am »

Could you give me a few tips on how to do that with my own dwarves?

Danger rooms remain quite useful as a way to help things along, last I checked. Managing them would requiring grouping all the civilians into squads though.

On the plus side, that means you can go and assign all the civilians armor, which means you can say goodbye to dealing with clothing rot.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46227 on: February 20, 2016, 07:00:03 pm »

So are gigantic shells worth more than, say, pond turtle shells? I see that gigantic tortoises have a pet value of 50, is that inherited by their shells? It looks like a tortoise half the size of an elephant only gives 1 shell, the same as a pond turtle, so they'd better be more valuable, or your shell industry isn't going to go very far.
Hmm. Gigantic tortoises are the giant variation of giant tortoises. Looking at their raws, they have maxaxe 100:200. I butchered a hatchling. Hatchling shells have base value 0. And with that maxage, I don't know how long I'll have to wait until I have some adults for testing. I might butcher the original breeding pair to test after they've hatched another few batches of eggs. But still, this will provide a more reliable, albeit slow source of shells than fishing.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 07:01:36 pm by martinuzz »

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46228 on: February 20, 2016, 07:48:41 pm »

Hmm. Gigantic tortoises are the giant variation of giant tortoises. Looking at their raws, they have maxaxe 100:200. I butchered a hatchling. Hatchling shells have base value 0. And with that maxage, I don't know how long I'll have to wait until I have some adults for testing. I might butcher the original breeding pair to test after they've hatched another few batches of eggs. But still, this will provide a more reliable, albeit slow source of shells than fishing.

Refuse has no core base value. If you were to add value im sure it'd apply.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46229 on: February 20, 2016, 10:30:08 pm »

Finally I found the corpse of the ghost dwarf while going through the stockpile records.
He starved himself on a tree.
And he was not the first one...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 10:32:40 pm by Libash_Thunderhead »
Pages: 1 ... 3080 3081 [3082] 3083 3084 ... 3842