Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2731 2732 [2733] 2734 2735 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6111850 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #40980 on: April 23, 2015, 07:15:00 pm »

ENGAGE SPITTING CONTEST

In my cages, I have:
 - two giantesses
 - a cyclops
*stops mid-post to fight off a human siege*
 - four FBs
 - a roc
 - a fire imp
 - a magma crab

And I've tamed pretty much every animal known to man.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40981 on: April 23, 2015, 07:29:25 pm »

He is wearing a dress because dwarves are wonderfully non-sexist.

Haha, true.  :P They also have some interesting clothes, A troll fur dress, A cave dragon scale boot.  :D they remind me of Bear Grylls. Doing anything to survive!  :)

(PS: I didn't mean any offense! Just a joke if anyone took it wrong!:D)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 07:32:34 pm by TechnoXan »
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #40982 on: April 23, 2015, 07:38:46 pm »

RETURN FIRE!

I haz
- several keas captured and trained
-same for boars
-I EVEN HAVE A GIANT KING SNAKE CAPTURED AND TRAINED
- also a captured and trained eagle and a trained giant wombat
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40983 on: April 23, 2015, 08:26:12 pm »

To my surprise I noticed some fish swimming in a water reservoir that's supposed to be closed tightly from the source brook. To get rid of them I designated the wells as a fishing zone and now my fisherdwarves keep hauling in tons of fish and pond turtle from the few square urist water tank.

There are no fish or turtles anywhere else on the map. I'm not complaining but still...
Fishable fish are vermin like mice or roaches. They teleport anywhere in the relevant biome. Right now the Biome includes your cistern even tho it's not actually connected to any other water.

So you'll keep getting them until you fish all the fish out of the biome.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40984 on: April 23, 2015, 08:34:20 pm »

To my surprise I noticed some fish swimming in a water reservoir that's supposed to be closed tightly from the source brook. To get rid of them I designated the wells as a fishing zone and now my fisherdwarves keep hauling in tons of fish and pond turtle from the few square urist water tank.

There are no fish or turtles anywhere else on the map. I'm not complaining but still...
Years ago I lived in a trailer park with a basketball court, said court was built after they filled in the pool, said pool was filled in after the turtles and fish got out of control, said turtles and fish were previously kept under control by fishing, said fishing is the reason they were released into the pool in the first place.

As for neighbors, I posted this but since there is a pissing contest going on, I'll go ahead and win pre-emptively:

This one has all 5 towers as neighbors and war with the gobs:

My fort is the furthest southwest by the vault and north of the roc lair.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 08:46:11 pm by Max™ »

Balthasar42

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40985 on: April 23, 2015, 11:09:58 pm »

Dostob the Green Glass Mountain Titan has come! A flying humanoid web-slinger. My ninety-odd dwarves (not counting children and babies) have now been trapped inside the fort for a season as I get my cave-in trap ready. Meanwhile Dostob idly flies around the countryside finding giant magpies to punch in face.

And then in Hematite: tragedy! A hapless human caravan arrives and is instantly set upon by Dustob, who ensnares them all, murders their yaks and then proceeds to beat the merchants and guards to death with one of their own socks... over the course of 28 days. :(

Now, the humans' heads have finally, mercifully caved-in, and Dostob turns his attention to a new passage I've opened up. Man, I hope this damn trap works.
You see, Urist was a particularly CLEVER hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional being...

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40986 on: April 24, 2015, 12:57:54 am »

There's a winged triceratops with webs roaming the caverns, slaughtering the wildlife (and their parts when they invariably reanimate). It's killed two giant cave spiders so far, so I'm a bit uncertain about letting it meet my military.

Also, the guard captain made a very nice steel buckler, which I let him keep.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40987 on: April 24, 2015, 01:42:58 am »

Yes!  The traders brought more armor this time, though they brought no useful metals.

My militia commander is wearing some leopard leather trousers, a pig leather dress, an alpaca wool coat dyed blue, a steel breastplate that menaces with spikes of giant rat bone, a sheep wool cloak, a pig tail fiber cap, a porcupine leather hood, a pair of cave spider silk gloves, a pair of giant cave spider silk mittens dyed blue, a pair of alpaca wool socks dyed blue, a pair of giant cave spider silk shoes, a well-crafted steel battle axe, a water buffalo leather backpack with a strawberry and a prickle berry in it, a finely-crafted bronze shield, encrusted with briolette cut alexandrites and encircled with bands of rectangular lignite cabochons, and steel chain leggings.

He's a proficient axedwarf, a competent shield user, an adequate armor user, a proficient discipline, a dabbling observer, a skilled fighter, an adequate wrestler, a competent striker, a skilled dodger, and a dabbling misc. object user, along with being a proficient organizer.

Does he sound like an okay militia commander for the second year?

Sounds good but why is he wearing a dress?  :P
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40988 on: April 24, 2015, 06:15:09 am »

Good one, well played TheKaspa!  ;D by the way what's that from?
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40989 on: April 24, 2015, 07:00:02 am »

Fishable fish are vermin like mice or roaches. They teleport anywhere in the relevant biome. Right now the Biome includes your cistern even tho it's not actually connected to any other water.

So you'll keep getting them until you fish all the fish out of the biome.

Yes, I now realize the futility of my first response; there are over 4000 pond turtles alone in this region...

Still, I can't get over how silly the whole thing is; basically I now have a magic barrel that keeps filling up to the brim with turtles. Any map with enough water to fill up one square could have a fishery that draws in all the fish from the whole biome.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40990 on: April 24, 2015, 07:26:29 am »

Good one, well played TheKaspa!  ;D by the way what's that from?

Doctor Who, A town called Mercy
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40991 on: April 24, 2015, 08:38:50 am »

The elven diplomat was locked in my refuse room, before he could say a word about trees.
Then I found their civ was called "The Pregnant Lakes".

He went nut and was killed.

One of the dwaven children from the Urist family began a mysterious construction using some zombie bones.

Asob `Dagger' Kelurrith, Dwarven Child has created Vumom Ostuk, a giant lion tamarin bone door!

Oh, not bad.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:11:55 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Wondabarrapa

• Bay Watcher
  • Charge!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40992 on: April 24, 2015, 02:20:10 pm »

I just bought a male and female cavy after reading a thread about live animal minecart shotguns. goblin wont know what hit em till its head gets caved in by a spinning cavy boar

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #40993 on: April 24, 2015, 03:16:38 pm »

An FB made of fire showed up in hell, but it can't fly, so it's sitting patiently outside the Hell Bastion. Also, several dwarves fell while removing scaffolding and were injured, so they are now being treated by my two mediocre medical dwarves. Their idiocy is my medics' training.

RETURN FIRE!
I have tamed:
 - buzzards
 - barn owls
 - cave crocs
 - cave dragons
 - crundles
 - dingoes
 - giant bats
 - giant cave spiders
 - giant cave swallows
 - giant desert scorpions
 - giant dingoes
 - giant echidnas
 - giant jaguars
 - giant leopards
 - giant leopard geckos
 - giant olms
 - giant sparrows
 - giant toads
 - helmet snakes
 - jabberers
 - jaguars
 - leopards
 - rutherers
 - voracious cave crawlers

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #40994 on: April 24, 2015, 03:21:16 pm »

nice....

now can you give me advice on what I posted in the notes to urist thread?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 2731 2732 [2733] 2734 2735 ... 3842