Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2670 2671 [2672] 2673 2674 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6121295 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #40065 on: February 28, 2015, 04:29:53 pm »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40066 on: February 28, 2015, 04:30:47 pm »

An FB has arrived! Beware it's noxious secretions, which it demonstrated by way of introduction with a billowing cloud around it. I don't see any residue on the ground. It arrived conveniently on the other side of the wall I just put up to secure my water output. He can splash around in it all he likes, it can't contaminate up a waterfall, nor can he get through any grates. I don't have to deploy my miners and engravers right away, but the plan is to smooth the inside of the walls two levels up, and carve fortifications on the third for my marksman to fire down on him. I'll worry about retrieving the kill, and my silver ammo, later.

I had though building my residential level in a red sand layer was just a minor design error, but now that the 3rd cavern is open, all those cave plants I had been struggling to plant are clogging the corridors and rooms. Now I have to divert builders from the wall to block flooring for the living quarters at least. Most of that floor wasn't intended for civilians, and they do prefer the waterworks level for meeting and taking breaks, but I still have to clear it for the power and transit lines.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40067 on: February 28, 2015, 04:31:16 pm »

Voraciouscavecrawlersplosion ? Wow. Never seen that before.

Cave crocsplosions are fun, though.

Also I have a fb in my caverns, it's a giant bat with poisonous secretions. It's slaughtering all the cavern wildlife.

As long as it kills crundles and bugbats and troglodytes it's fine. But if it kills a giant cave spider i'm going to be raging.

To be honest I don't even THINK it can kill a GCS in single combat.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 04:33:23 pm by Naryar »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40068 on: February 28, 2015, 04:48:26 pm »

Probably haven't seen it because I had to mod in a child state for them. I'm pitting a bunch of the older ones into the first cavern to kill a poison gas forgotten beast.

wickys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40069 on: February 28, 2015, 05:37:02 pm »

My caverns are filled with undead zombies sprouting tentacles, led by a Chasm (whatever that is)

And they can ressurect eachother.

Now there are 60 corpses. How am i gonna clear that out

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40070 on: February 28, 2015, 06:00:09 pm »

Magma and crossbows, that's how.

The VCC aren't doing too well against the forgotten beast, a gecko with poison gas. It's crippled, but none of them are living long enough to let me see what the poison does. The caverns are full of forgotten beast blood and VCC corpses.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 06:02:26 pm by TheFlame52 »

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #40071 on: February 28, 2015, 06:30:07 pm »

Ravens. Ravens everywhere.

I tamed some ravens (about 15 or something), and assigned them to underground pens with nest boxes. Obviously, they soon started laying eggs. As soon as one of my dwarfs went to get the eggs, an FB appeared and I had to raise the drawbridge to seperate the fortress from the caverns. It turned out I made a mistake when building the pens, because I built the pens outside of the main fortress, so nobody could get to them.

I opened the bridge after several ingame months, and now there's baby ravens everywhere

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40072 on: February 28, 2015, 06:44:35 pm »

Forgotten beast killed all the VCC so I released some goblins and they killed it. They're all bruised but I don't know if it's deadly. One was blinded. I also now have a bunch of weapons covered in said FB poison just in case.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40073 on: February 28, 2015, 09:23:52 pm »

Shit, the queen arrived 6 months ahead of my expectation. About the time elves would arrive. I had just designed the palace and was about to set the miners to carving it out. It's not going to be smoothed for at least 2 months, but I should have all masterwork furniture by then.

This bitch likes nothing native to this place. "Wahh, it's not like home!" No it isn't, it doesn't have a dragon living in it. Hope you like forgotten beasts instead.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40074 on: February 28, 2015, 10:14:46 pm »

Best way to get tooth craft materials.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40075 on: March 01, 2015, 02:31:50 am »

You modded the game?

Neo_Spade

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:ginger neck-beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40076 on: March 01, 2015, 04:48:17 am »

Today is a sad day for my fort, not only will it now be uglier, but also I can't sell the Elves overpriced stone crafts anymore...

my Legendary Stonecrafter went on a rampage that the champion swiftly ended by smashing open her head like a ripe watermelon, that I could deal with, what I couldn't deal with happened next...

...meanwhile in the caverns in my magma dumping pit, 5 dwarves are hard at work, removing parts of the floor that didn't look right (so my creative side here is to blame mostly) so they remove the parts of the floor leaving a corner uncovered, which collapses and takes them all right down into the magma, including one of my legendary engravers.

There is a silver lining though! Their deaths uncovered the candy, so their sacrifice was not in vein.

EDIT: (jeez I always do this xD) fixed an incomplete thought so it made a sentence, also typo. xD
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 04:50:57 am by Neo_Spade »
If you've got dwarf problems, I feel bad for you, son.
I've got 99 whales because I killed Urist with one.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40077 on: March 01, 2015, 08:46:17 am »

Unfortunately, VCC don't give enough tooth to be used in bonecarving.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40078 on: March 01, 2015, 08:49:10 am »

Urist likes VCC tooth for its long name.

Hey there are some strange contents in the well.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 09:39:35 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40079 on: March 01, 2015, 12:40:37 pm »

One of my legendary marksdwarves is 160. His wife died two years ago. It's almost 263. He has 12 days to live.

He will be missed.
Pages: 1 ... 2670 2671 [2672] 2673 2674 ... 3842