Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2599 2600 [2601] 2602 2603 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6106986 times)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #39000 on: January 06, 2015, 08:33:02 pm »

Some guy got possessed, but he is just chillin in the meeting hall.
Then you need to build him a workshop!

My forgotten beast trap was a partial success, I trapped a giant giraffe in a box with an artifact coffer.
Can you cage a forgotten beast using cave ins or webs?

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #39001 on: January 06, 2015, 09:07:54 pm »

Some guy got possessed, but he is just chillin in the meeting hall.
Then you need to build him a workshop!

My forgotten beast trap was a partial success, I trapped a giant giraffe in a box with an artifact coffer.
Can you cage a forgotten beast using cave ins or webs?
IIRC, every creature can be caged when webbed. I may be wrong, through.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #39002 on: January 06, 2015, 11:05:00 pm »

I've just stumbled on strange moment when coffin was labelled as owned by a ghost.
That means your haulers are lazy and haven't put the body in yet, so the ghost is still hanging about. As soon as they stick the body where it belongs, the coffin will be labeled properly and the ghost will dissipate.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Oriolous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39003 on: January 06, 2015, 11:26:52 pm »

About to set up the first, and so far only, defense in my fort. The majestic drawbridge gate. But... I don't remember how to set it up so that when the bridge retracts, it retracts OUTWARDS, flinging any enemies outside the fort rather than INSIDE it.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39004 on: January 07, 2015, 01:13:53 am »

I have a pair of legendary stone crafters running. They both aren't from moods. Waiting to get two guys constantly fishing before I get a bone carver going. Three furnaces running 24/7. Mason training by making blocks. Got the brook filling up my moat. This is a good first year.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39005 on: January 07, 2015, 01:35:54 am »

First 40.23 fort.
I'm on the second year and the dorfs are currently building two towers.
A glassmaker was possessed and asked for raw green. Hey Urist you are a glassmaker, why don't you make some by yourself?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 01:51:46 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Oriolous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39006 on: January 07, 2015, 02:18:38 am »

Setting up Rock Crafts to be used as trade fodder... and I realized that despite setting up a stockpile for finished goods, including all of the crafts, the crafts are staying in the workshop. Any ideas how to fix this?

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39007 on: January 07, 2015, 02:29:53 am »

Not enough bins?
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Oriolous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39008 on: January 07, 2015, 02:30:52 am »

Not enough bins?
I have plenty of bins, but the single one that is in the stockpile is empty and the crafts remain in the workshop

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39009 on: January 07, 2015, 02:33:30 am »

Does the stockpile allow bins?
Or do you have reserved bins (press p to check, you know).

Oriolous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39010 on: January 07, 2015, 02:38:14 am »

Does the stockpile allow bins?
Or do you have reserved bins (press p to check, you know).

Yes and no. Max bins allowed and no reserved bins.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39011 on: January 07, 2015, 02:45:47 am »

Hmm, maybe you can "t"ake from workshop manually?
I wonder if your finished goods include stone crafts, maybe you can double check the settings.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #39012 on: January 07, 2015, 03:33:55 am »

Second goblin siege today. The trap hallway works spectacularly, for those goblins that walk into it. It seems goblin squads still play follow the leader and then forget what they were doing if the leader dies or gets caught in a cage or something. After the leaders died right inside the hall, the rest just kind of wandered around. Trolls have no such mental problems, and the minecart grinder worked wonders on them. One of them was punted all ~40 tiles from the entrance of the hall to the exit, where it died. Had to send the militia in to clean the goblin clog out of the pipe, though. One casualty resulted, and yet another civilian wound up getting flattened by the minecart. I have no idea how.

Forgotten beast also showed up. A milk quartz quadraped with wings and deadly spittle. It murdered a band of trogs and took up residence under a half-submerged tree right outside the cavern entrance. Hasn't moved since, which has me nervous. One of the trogs infected with the spittle survived and was caught in a cage trap. I'm using him to gauge the danger of the spittle, but so far its only symptom is temporary nausea.

Also, patches was stricken by melancholy and is soon to die. Only problem with her appears to be her prior injuries.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39013 on: January 07, 2015, 07:05:40 am »

About to set up the first, and so far only, defense in my fort. The majestic drawbridge gate. But... I don't remember how to set it up so that when the bridge retracts, it retracts OUTWARDS, flinging any enemies outside the fort rather than INSIDE it.
When building the bridge, you can use WADX to make it rise to one side on signal (making a wall) or S to make it retract on it (making the bridge disappear). See wiki for more.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39014 on: January 07, 2015, 09:30:45 am »

Spawn field test Entry... Something.

Commander Iton has claimed Kingship of the nation, and with it the title of "Warrior King." He is a king who will likely be hard but fair, seeing merrymaking as wasteful and valuing tradition highly. However, any king willing to fight, kill, and if needed die for his people is a king worth following. As tradition forbids him from leading a unit directly, he has switched roles with Urvad, fellow founder and swordsdwarf. He likes quivers and crutches, both always useful and in the former's case, may be needed in the future. This is because Marksdwarves while devastating against proper living foes when used right and well supplied, I found were borderline useless against the Spawn of Holistic, even with the fearsome siege crossbow.

Several dwarves had preexisting military skills: Two axedwarves, one hammer, crossbow, and mace dwarf each, and a few who were of a military bent. Among those is also the Cryptsoldier and Tourtempest families. I sense that the two will be the largest clan by far in the fort if it lasts that long.

Luck was on our side. The livestock were sacrificed when a werehedgehog appeared, and good fortune meant everyone was able to safely get inside before it was spotted by any actual dwarves. Its wereform was waited out, costing all our chickens and a workshop, and when the gate dropped Speardwarf Led Woundclouts charged out.

The fight was such in name only and was quick and brutal. As Onra, the were in question, turned to flee after dodging an attack (taking him thankfully out of sight of the few people still in the little surface hut,) Led managed to injure one of Onra's legs. From there, his hand was stabbed clean off and his skull split. Total cost: 6 chickens, Led having some... minor emotional trauma, and a jeweler's shop.

Better that than 6 dorfs I really can't afford to lose being killed.
Pages: 1 ... 2599 2600 [2601] 2602 2603 ... 3842