Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2601 2602 [2603] 2604 2605 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6106994 times)

Porpoisepower

• Bay Watcher
  • For Surely he is the Cuisinart Hat Rack
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #39030 on: January 07, 2015, 11:48:02 pm »

That screen shot is awesome to look at while blinking really fast.

Almost looks like an extreme close up of a mantis or locust face or something.
That's what DF needs, The gutbuster brigade.  Screw that elf and his cat. Thibbledorf Pwent is the real hero.

Catharsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39031 on: January 08, 2015, 12:03:29 am »

Lol... by the way, there was 3094 cave spider webs in total (excluding I guess, the areas I couldn't see yet.)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39032 on: January 08, 2015, 12:07:38 am »

Well I once locked several FBs in my caverns and the caverns were filled by corpses and spider webs.

I just d-b-c and d-b-d all those z levels and autodump destroy everything.

The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Oriolous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39033 on: January 08, 2015, 12:14:14 am »

I officially reached year 2 of my fortress and I still have a mess of a general stockpile and workshops on the surface that don't NEED to be there. but my first priority is really setting up my well.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39034 on: January 08, 2015, 12:50:07 am »

A theif was sighted! The Spawn are upon us!

That's what i would say if the thief had been a spawn. but it was just a human raised by spawn. King Iton was rather quick to deliver a rather quick murdering. The fort also got two moods, one resulting in a donkey bone hatchet - Meh worthy, and a gold table - King Iton's most vital rooms are now fitting for royalty. My upgraded nobles are also working as intended, with the Broker upgrading to the Trade Minister and Bookeeper to Treasurer! Much success!

Loyal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rogueish looks]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39035 on: January 08, 2015, 12:56:14 am »

Pull the lever, and...

...Boom! One massive pit 7 levels deep, sure to do all sorts of fun things to impertinent goblins and elves alike.

Went just a bit too far though.

And now to span the gap with a Silver Bridge, whose majesty will be admired by all. Nobody enters or leaves the fort without my say-so. I may decide to flood it later using the nearby brook, so I can have a kick-ass moat. However, I'd also need a way to easily drain it out later if I want to collect the items that accumulate at the bottom.

...Actually, now that I think of it, perhaps punching through to the cavern is going to work to my advantage after all...

Catharsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39036 on: January 08, 2015, 04:46:45 am »

If anyone was curious I think I actually found the root cause of the all the silk, seems a pond grabber is stuck in place in the water, preventing anything else from spawning in the cavern, leaving the entire place untouched (going on 12 years now, still covered to the brim with silk).

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39037 on: January 08, 2015, 05:01:32 am »

Oh dear! I've got siege. Featuring troll hammerman with a silver maul. Who gave trolls weapon?!
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39038 on: January 08, 2015, 08:53:26 am »

A Weregila monster appeared. Let's hope everybody important gets indoors before the bridge is closed.
No military.
We'll get one set up and wait for it to become normal again.
EDIT: Turned into an elf after killing 4 dwarves. Slightly bad, but nobody shows more than light horror.
Nobody important was lost.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39039 on: January 08, 2015, 12:29:42 pm »

A migrant wave composed of 20 dorfs.
Now I need to build a third tower to house them in.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Loyal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rogueish looks]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39040 on: January 08, 2015, 01:01:16 pm »

Update: The bridge-over-a-giant-pit trap works gre - I mean, uh . . . "oops?"

One of my migrant Gem Cutters earned his keep today by cutting a Blue Garnet into the shape of a crown, worth 1500☼. That's going straight to the mountainhome. Wouldn't it be cool if my monarch could show up wearing it someday?

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39041 on: January 08, 2015, 02:08:20 pm »

A minotaur attacked my fort, killed 2 useless dorfs.

I didn't know an anaconda had so many teeth.
A swordmaster bashed one with the flat of her sword. This generated 28 anaconda teeth flying everywhere.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39042 on: January 08, 2015, 03:20:00 pm »

I haven't done any more since my last post, but I'm far better at this game than I thought.
Is over 4000 plant and 2000 drink more than good for a population of 75 dwarves? My farming might be a bit overproductive.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39043 on: January 08, 2015, 03:44:10 pm »

Why yes, yes it is.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #39044 on: January 08, 2015, 04:24:32 pm »

Another evil embark. Tropical jungle this time. Clouds of profane murk only knock out any living creature within their range. They might be useful when goblins arrive (or may hand my soldiers to greenskins on a silver platter). No blood rain, or rain bringing syndromes, and no resurrection. It could be more !!FUN!!, but It's best fortress I've made since a long time. Each dwarf has his 6x6 room with (obviously) bed, and a rock coffer. Might give them something more. Underground and above ground farms are getting more and more productive. I have lots of fruits brought by caravan, but the most useful I have found on the embark site. I've found out that once you'll gather some seeds, passion vines can be quite good source of vine. Also strawberries grow like mad, giving drink_mat fruits, and plants to make meals.
Pages: 1 ... 2601 2602 [2603] 2604 2605 ... 3842