Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2513 2514 [2515] 2516 2517 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6099456 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #37710 on: October 28, 2014, 12:59:10 pm »

A were-ass child 'visited' my fort. A few dead animals, dwarf-children and emergency militia members later, it transformed back into a human child, who promptly gets chased all over the map by my surviving militia.... who seem to actually have some grasp of tactics today, and chased it into a 7/7 pond... whacking it over the head with their copper crossbows and bruising the flesh... and 1 z-level below, I see this:

An unconscious, over-exerted, DROWNING, human child were-ass
I can only imagine the scene.

A peaceful, tropical mangrove swamp wilderness next to the ocean, a slowly growing settlement abruptly disrupted by a werecreature visit...

And after said were creature transforms into something less troublesome, it gets chased into a deep pond, where the vengeful militia survivors are furiously drubbing it on the head with their metal crossbows whenever it tries to come up for air. Wow.
Dwarven witch trials are hardcore

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37711 on: October 28, 2014, 01:05:35 pm »

A were-ass child 'visited' my fort. A few dead animals, dwarf-children and emergency militia members later, it transformed back into a human child, who promptly gets chased all over the map by my surviving militia.... who seem to actually have some grasp of tactics today, and chased it into a 7/7 pond... whacking it over the head with their copper crossbows and bruising the flesh... and 1 z-level below, I see this:

An unconscious, over-exerted, DROWNING, human child were-ass
I can only imagine the scene.

A peaceful, tropical mangrove swamp wilderness next to the ocean, a slowly growing settlement abruptly disrupted by a werecreature visit...

And after said were creature transforms into something less troublesome, it gets chased into a deep pond, where the vengeful militia survivors are furiously drubbing it on the head with their metal crossbows whenever it tries to come up for air. Wow.
It's like dwarven whack-a-mole!
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Kuikka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37712 on: October 28, 2014, 01:52:35 pm »

I dont even want to understand this anymore. This tantruming is totally out of control and makes my forts unplayable.

First colony. About 160 humans, one is killed by a goblin and shit hit the fan. Abandoned the place after 70 was killed.

Reclaiming. About 110 citizens. Crossbowman tries to fight a raccoon and manages to drown herself, the raccoon and her baby. SHIT. HITS. THE. FAN. Again a massacre going on.

Should I go back to 034-version or what. I remember that back then my idiots at least managed to endure few dead persons.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37713 on: October 28, 2014, 03:09:30 pm »

This year's human caravan inexplicably caught fire while leaving the fortress. I have no idea why. They're all melting right now on the doorstep.

The flaming Yak Bulls ignited the dry grass outside and now another wildfire is spreading towards my outdoors workers.

Searingmines was really an apt name for this fortress, considering how many fire-related incidents there have been...

EDIT: I think I got it: the wagon-pullers must have glitched through the wall into a magma channel when ascending the exit ramp. That explains why all their heads are on fire and melting.

Next time I must take care not to place magma within two squares of a wagon ramp.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 03:27:44 pm by Staalo »
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Psyra

• Escaped Lunatic
  • has created "Flamebait", a legendary forum post!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #37714 on: October 28, 2014, 03:25:56 pm »

Cowering inside my fort because of the third elven siege.

The first two times, my traps claim all but a few, but when I send out my thirty or so military (2 squads militia, 1 archers) to flatten the three or so elves left, they charge out... and then just cluster around the elves but won't attack or defend themselves, getting cut to ribbons in the process, then the others panic at the sight of death and run.

They've been up in my palisades training and sparring for two years and can shred forgotten beasts in seconds, but now a lowly bow-elf and two mace-elves (the rest are caught in cage traps) can single-handedly prance through my military and crush them one at a time because my entire militia just stand there and gawk. Had no trouble attacking their caravans much earlier. it doesn't seem to be a morale issue, 60%+ of the population including the military are 'ecstatic', they're armed and armored, they just seem to not to know how to defend... :/

Just letting them slaughter my livestock, as my previously protected livestock fields couldn't be sealed because some idiot dropped his pick in the doorway when the siege alarm was sounded. :-X

Trupik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37715 on: October 28, 2014, 03:37:28 pm »

Nothing much... I just dug a tunnel through some cyan colored microcline at around magma levels... Only after the tunnel is done, I realized that it was NOT a microcline at all. Some more precision digging around, and now I strongly believe that I missed The Fun by inches.  :o

meskion

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37716 on: October 28, 2014, 04:44:52 pm »

second year of fort, on the first visit the liasion told us they wanted toys badly next year, it seems they have mistaken my expedition leader for Santa Claus, must be the beard. Anyway, for this autumn i got prepared tons and tons of toys to buy the whole caravan, but while the merchants were crossing a bridge by the river, two of them managed to slip somehow, without any intervention, and fall into the water.. and it happens that the river had quite a high waterfall. Instant death for both merchants. what do the rest of them do? run in fear of the river without passing through my depot. And now the liasion says they dont want toys for next year anymore.. yey!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #37717 on: October 29, 2014, 03:22:52 pm »

An FB that I thought was safely confined to the second cavern layer found it's way up to the first and massacred my entire fort while it was in something of a tantrum spiral because I mass murdered all the children. The only surviving dwarves are a few dwarves that got webbed on top of cage traps, two wounded dorfs in the hospital and a wereskink speardwarf in a bridged-off isolation cell (I was going to throw her down my execution tower once it was finished, but alas)

The wereskink is sitting in her isolation cell on the corpse of the child she bore and killed. She has a happy thought: "talked to a companion recently".
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 04:02:56 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37718 on: October 29, 2014, 05:17:04 pm »

Those humans of The North Confederacy really like their cheese. Recent self-immolated caravan was carrying a huge loads of it and what didn't melt is now lying there on the floor, getting very mature indeed.  Haulers seem reluctant to touch the stuff;  I can almost smell the whole fortress through the screen now.

In other news, one of the Legendary +5 armorers got a mood ("The Strange Influence", an adamantine high boot) and is now... a Legendary +5 armorer. Why, DF, why?
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #37719 on: October 29, 2014, 07:57:33 pm »

Hmm. The peafowl are ignoring the nest boxes; I wonder why?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37720 on: October 29, 2014, 08:13:25 pm »

Hmm. The peafowl are ignoring the nest boxes; I wonder why?

Do you have multiple nesting sites?  Currently fowl of all kinds do not respect boundaries set by pastures when claiming nests, so they'll happily claim nests that they can't actually get to.  They can even claim nest boxes behind forbidden doors.

The only way it seems that you can force which nest they claim is to restrict them to a single tile room with a pasture over a nest box.  And even then, sometimes they'll claim a random box somewhere else.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #37721 on: October 29, 2014, 08:29:06 pm »

They're just pastured in a room with the nest boxes. I know orientation doesn't affect egg laying, just fertilization, so i have no idea why they refuse to use them.

In tangentially related news, my stonecrafter has like eight thoughts about being separated from his wife, the fortress planter.

EDIT: Apparently they're just getting the eggs out with ninjalike speed.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 08:42:03 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37722 on: October 29, 2014, 09:02:33 pm »

A snow titan just arrived. First a coral titan, now a snow one, I wonder what's next.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37723 on: October 29, 2014, 10:07:51 pm »

Nothing much... I just dug a tunnel through some cyan colored microcline at around magma levels... Only after the tunnel is done, I realized that it was NOT a microcline at all. Some more precision digging around, and now I strongly believe that I missed The Fun by inches.  :o
Save, breach it, see how fun things get, savescum.
Black lives matter.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #37724 on: October 29, 2014, 11:10:33 pm »

An FB that I thought was safely confined to the second cavern layer found it's way up to the first and massacred my entire fort while it was in something of a tantrum spiral because I mass murdered all the children. The only surviving dwarves are a few dwarves that got webbed on top of cage traps, two wounded dorfs in the hospital and a wereskink speardwarf in a bridged-off isolation cell (I was going to throw her down my execution tower once it was finished, but alas)

The wereskink is sitting in her isolation cell on the corpse of the child she bore and killed. She has a happy thought: "talked to a companion recently".

Suppose you'll have to postpone tiruin's execution until she can free a couple caged dwarves, eh?

In an amusing karmic twist for your intention to kill her in your game, in dutchlings xcom game, as I heard yesterday before I quit the irc, she panicked and blew you up. Good job hating each other.

I started a new fort yesterday and have run into zero problems whatsoever. The dorfs are all happy and industrious. No flooding, no FB invasions, no expedition leaders resurrecting the dead... it's a nice forest.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 11:12:47 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 2513 2514 [2515] 2516 2517 ... 3842