Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2514 2515 [2516] 2517 2518 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6099196 times)

Mentalpatient87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #37725 on: October 30, 2014, 12:06:54 am »

Had a werewolf show up. It killed a ram, mangled a horse, and bit the hell out of one of my Mace Lords. That was now over a month ago and the bite victim hasn't transformed. I know it was a good bite, too. He latched on, shook him around, tore some nerves and muscle. So why didn't he turn? I have the guy locked away for safe keeping. But, if he isn't going to wolf out then I can send him back to work.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow dwarf is either a fool or a coward. Whoever can not take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded dwarf shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.

The Bard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37726 on: October 30, 2014, 12:28:47 am »

Wait.

A were...wolf?

Now a weremammoth or werecavy or werepanda but a werewolf?

What new spore of madness is this?

Mentalpatient87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37727 on: October 30, 2014, 12:32:06 am »

Yeah, straight up werewolf. Manba Getakkadi Atalthec, Werewolf. It's now almost 2 months later and our patient hasn't turned. Still don't want to let him out..
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow dwarf is either a fool or a coward. Whoever can not take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded dwarf shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #37728 on: October 30, 2014, 04:06:38 am »

An FB that I thought was safely confined to the second cavern layer found it's way up to the first and massacred my entire fort while it was in something of a tantrum spiral because I mass murdered all the children. The only surviving dwarves are a few dwarves that got webbed on top of cage traps, two wounded dorfs in the hospital and a wereskink speardwarf in a bridged-off isolation cell (I was going to throw her down my execution tower once it was finished, but alas)

The wereskink is sitting in her isolation cell on the corpse of the child she bore and killed. She has a happy thought: "talked to a companion recently".

Suppose you'll have to postpone tiruin's execution until she can free a couple caged dwarves, eh?

In an amusing karmic twist for your intention to kill her in your game, in dutchlings xcom game, as I heard yesterday before I quit the irc, she panicked and blew you up. Good job hating each other.

I started a new fort yesterday and have run into zero problems whatsoever. The dorfs are all happy and industrious. No flooding, no FB invasions, no expedition leaders resurrecting the dead... it's a nice forest.
It's a webbing FB, sadly, so there's very little I can do. I only had galena and native gold so I had to import all my metal and armor.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Trupik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37729 on: October 30, 2014, 11:15:25 am »

Nothing much... I just dug a tunnel through some cyan colored microcline at around magma levels... Only after the tunnel is done, I realized that it was NOT a microcline at all. Some more precision digging around, and now I strongly believe that I missed The Fun by inches.  :o
Save, breach it, see how fun things get, savescum.
nah... I quit savescumming way back in Nethack days... Now that I dug out the surrounding material and the pillar of fun stands in a hollow cave, I'm actually thinking about engraving the thing and relocating the throne room there.

In other news: my cook, Aban Regluk, got possessed and created this

I guess he really likes rings, so he puts rings on a ring AND a picture of the ring on the same ring. The artifact is worth nearly a million, but sadly, the cook did not learn any new skill in the process. And he is not even a very good cook.

Number7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37730 on: October 30, 2014, 08:39:56 pm »

Just made a new embark with Dragons and such, getting ahead of myself i realised i forgot to bring fire safe stone which means i have no ability to make the pick axes i wanted at all. There are hostile goblins AND a necromancer tower nearby so i'm doing a very undwarfly thing and building a wooden above ground fortress until the caravan arrives, at which point they will bring news of my elven cowardice back to the mountainhome when the only thing we try to sell them is wooden crafts as we frolic in nature picking fruit off trees.

I am under the assumption i will soon be at war with the mountainhome too for this treason.

Dragonscorched will stand the test of time however. We will strike the earth.... Eventually. When we buy picks and fire safe stone for the forges.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37731 on: October 30, 2014, 08:53:26 pm »

I slaughtered the elven caravan and their diplomat out of boredom.
But I still can't remove the FB in my basement. It is now sitting in a tree and killing everything who dares to move close enough.
If only I can set fire to the tree....
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #37732 on: October 30, 2014, 11:16:33 pm »

Apparently everyone in my fortress misses a dwarf named Dumat Shootwad.

Kinky.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37733 on: October 30, 2014, 11:23:32 pm »

I uh, embarked on a volcano and still had to dig down to the magma sea because it was open to the caverns and draining into the sea directly. Thought briefly that it would continue filling up and flood the caverns with amazingness but sadly that didn't happen as it stopped a couple of levels below the rim.

I got some magma transported up to a slightly more reasonable level for my forges, and the place was metal happy, hematite, malachite, galena, gold, tetrahedrite, and marble out the wazoo. Almost ready to raise the pop cap over 20, hoping the goblins come by soon afterwards. Wish the elves would send a diplomat as well so I can tell them I won't cut anything then clearcut the map to see if I can start a war.

Kobolds keep showing up, peeking in the front door and seeing three war dogs sitting on top of my wagonshrine and running for the edge of the map. I don't mind, I feel kinda bad killing the little buggers when they haven't even grabbed anything yet.

Moved the military to an indoor training spot so I can get the cave adapted and paint the entrance training site with vomit, hopefully get some on the caged trolls as well. Decided to capture them since one of them got a name after killing what I thought would be early fun (flying forgotten beast + unsealable caverns that open directly into an empty volcano) and now that I've got the military geared up and training steadily I think I'll put a crack in the smoothed walls around the rim of the volcano, let the industrious trolls and ogres and whatnot scale all fifty some odd z-levels to walk into a steel clad vomit soaked dorf blender until the sieges show up.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37734 on: October 31, 2014, 05:07:05 am »

I remember reading on the forum that giant toads can't breed.

One of mine just gave birth to triplets.

Toad industry?

In unrelated news, I embarked on a terrifying glacier.  I literally only dug out the entry hall and trade depot before I decided to just wait and watch the zombified giant snowy owl murder just about everything.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #37735 on: October 31, 2014, 07:28:38 am »

Urist McEngraver cancels Detail Floor: Interrupted by Urist McEmo
Urist McEngraver cancels Be Alive: Interrupted by skull collapse
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37736 on: October 31, 2014, 07:48:50 am »

One-humped Camel has reverted to a wild state!

The One-humped Camel kicks The war Dog in the neck with her left front foot and the injured part explodes into gore!
The war Dog gives in to pain.
The war Dog falls over.
The One-humped Camel kicks The war Dog in the head with her left front foot, bruising the muscle, bruising the skull!
The One-humped Camel kicks The war Dog in the head with her right rear foot and the injured part collapses!

Tobul Uzolegul, war Dog (Tame) has been found dead.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Number7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37737 on: October 31, 2014, 08:28:22 am »

Dragonscorched has proven to be a wonderfully !!FUN!! embark so far, first the undead siege which we waited out while getting some target practice shooting at the 40~ corpses shambling around near my defensive tower. they had shields so 90% of our bolts were blocked.

A dwarven child went mad, and before he had done anything so much as try to strike someone my miner decapitated him with a pickaxe with a single blow. At that point the miner became horrified at what he had done.

Later on a werebeast showed up and killed a few unlucky dogs and a dwarf before being filled with copper bolts from on high. At the same time my Dragons broke loose while being transported and spread dragonfire to everyone and everything nearby. My coke stockpile is still burning right now. I however got the dragons into their new enclosure with only eight deaths! And a migrant wave came immediately afterwards to fill out our numbers, replacements to look after my mighty dragons. The breeding program begins! Strike the earth!

Oh, and we have no more dogs anymore. The dragons ate them all. Woops.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37738 on: October 31, 2014, 11:06:25 am »

Up to 79 dwarves now, with nowhere near the infrastructure to handle them. I think I need to get building a "Sod off we're full" sign.

Oh, and I struck adamantine. I managed to mine one tile, then wimped out because I like this fort.

Edit: Oh god. I forgot to pasture my bull/cow  that I bought from the dwarven caravan..... they sat their for two seasons in their freezing cold cages, starving to death the entire time. I feel fucking terrible. ;~:
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 12:06:23 pm by the1337doofus »
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37739 on: October 31, 2014, 03:17:10 pm »

Up to 79 dwarves now, with nowhere near the infrastructure to handle them. I think I need to get building a "Sod off we're full" sign.

Oh, and I struck adamantine. I managed to mine one tile, then wimped out because I like this fort.

Edit: Oh god. I forgot to pasture my bull/cow  that I bought from the dwarven caravan..... they sat their for two seasons in their freezing cold cages, starving to death the entire time. I feel fucking terrible. ;~:
I thought caged animals didn't need food.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 2514 2515 [2516] 2517 2518 ... 3842