Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2215 2216 [2217] 2218 2219 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6095784 times)

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #33240 on: February 24, 2014, 07:07:13 am »

Yep. It's probably best just to stock up on blank slabs and wait for the ghosts.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33241 on: February 24, 2014, 07:46:53 am »

Village Pricetrades, Mid-Autumn 205; 89 beards; Under Siege

So cave dragons and jabberers and such are too big for bridges, but not too big for pressure plates. I used this to trap the siege in my lead-up corridor so I can build the wall in peace without the crossbow-goblins using my dwarves for target practice. They can chill out for as loooooooooong as they like! >:D

Also, I have 83 turkeys (mostly poults) because I left their room's door locked for too long. Oops.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 07:49:17 am by Lielac »

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.
« Reply #33242 on: February 24, 2014, 09:55:06 am »

I don't know why, but all of my dwarves suddenly thought it would be a good idea to go hang out in the sewers. 3 drowned and 25 are trapped in a tube with 3/7 water, but it's flowing too fast for them to swim back into the fort.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33243 on: February 24, 2014, 10:14:05 am »

You've just perked my curiousity regarding the sewer layout and function.

mieserb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33244 on: February 24, 2014, 11:15:11 am »

My Invader-Repelling-Magma-Thingie is finally ready...again. I want to do a test run but my stupid dwarfes keep running around in the Danger Zone although I specifically tell them not to.
I'm seriously considering to round up a dozen or so children and use them as test subjects just to send a message.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33245 on: February 24, 2014, 11:45:26 am »

City Laborfords, Late Winter 236; 177 beards

:o I return to my longest-lived fortress after so long away!

There's some Holeportals brat in a secretive mood to become an Engraver. And now I remember why I left this fortress; it's almost painfully slow. Okay, it's ~30 FPS, but Pricetrades was 100+. Eh, it's my longest-lived fortress. I think I'll suffer through this until the fort dies a proper death.

Also, it's actually semi-sensibly arranged. Certainly I'm not wondering where the fuck everything is. Mind, it's a 2x2, so...

Also, I'm seeing all these names and feeling a surge of affection. Zaneg Lancertail! Fikod Canyongalley! Holeportals and Abyssink and Utteredinks and Twinklingdiamond! All these peasants! And the stockpiles are so fucking fullllllllll

FBs in the waiting room, and the first cavern under control, and Efaci in her pillbox and all my war grizzlies...!

And my magnetite and bituminous coal and and and

And my candy. Can't forget my candy. :D

And the fifty-nine (59) artifacts. Soon to be 60.

... Unib. Unib Holeportals. Did you have to name the artifact after yourself? Now it has ugly quote marks in its name, you ninny.

In other news, I forgot that the version of DF I moved Laborfords to had an open child cap so I'm probably going to get a gazillion births in a few months. I fixed that, though, so it'll only be a single burst.

And I wasn't exaggerating how many artifacts there are.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 12:15:02 pm by Lielac »

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33246 on: February 24, 2014, 12:58:51 pm »

I want to be dwarfed.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33247 on: February 24, 2014, 01:05:03 pm »

I want to be dwarfed.

Sorry, dwarfing-via-nickname is incompatible with my naming system. I can give a dwarf the custom profession "Avatar of MrWillsauce" if you tell me what you'd like to be dwarfed as, though. (Once I'm on my desktop again. DF is not playable on my phone and I need sleep.)

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33248 on: February 24, 2014, 01:24:52 pm »

Just noticed that the world where my Forts are located on is an two continent world with the better of
the two continents not haveing a single Elf settlement.

That is inacceptible, i need elves to slaugh... trade with...

*gens a new world*

//edit: 2222th page? woha, fancy...

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33249 on: February 24, 2014, 01:27:09 pm »

Do it.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33250 on: February 24, 2014, 02:45:06 pm »

This thread has been going for a little over six years.

Also: Lielac, you're crazy. In a Boatmurderously good sort of way.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33251 on: February 24, 2014, 03:09:42 pm »

Thank you, ImagoDeo.  8)

City Laborfords, Late Spring 237; 177 beards

The Engraver 'Rakust Abyssink' and the Worker 'Kadol Abyssink I' have married. Congratulations!

Oooooo. VISIBLE INBREEDING! >:D

That is most definitely an aunt/nephew marriage. FASCINATING.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33252 on: February 24, 2014, 03:30:48 pm »

Oooooo. VISIBLE INBREEDING!
I think this just might take my sig virginity.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33253 on: February 24, 2014, 03:34:22 pm »

Oooooo. VISIBLE INBREEDING!
I think this just might take my sig virginity.

Aw, you're so sweet. If you still want to be dwarfed, tell me your profession/gender/marriage-status preferences and I'll see who gets the profession name Avatar of MrWillsauce.

Also, I specified *visible* inbreeding because it's entirely possible family trees have doubled in on themselves already, but the surnames haven't been the same yet so I haven't noticed.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 03:37:33 pm by Lielac »

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33254 on: February 24, 2014, 03:42:53 pm »

I don't think it's that I'm sweet; you're just wonderfully and quotably insane. Anyway, I want to be an animal tamer or something so I can maybe help on the dragon project. I don't care about the rest. I also can't wait to get involved in some incest.
Pages: 1 ... 2215 2216 [2217] 2218 2219 ... 3842