Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2118 2119 [2120] 2121 2122 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6099258 times)

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #31785 on: December 07, 2013, 01:11:17 pm »

My second ever fort, Paintedgem, of the civ The Greater Hammers, is going great from what I can tell
The second year is coming to a close, and I have a legendary miner, a legendary armoursmith (fey, artifact iron shield), and a legendary bowyer (secretive, less impressive artifact blowgun). Only one dwarf has died, and that's because I couldn't get him what he wanted for a mood. He was going to mood woodcrafting anyways, so it doesn't matter that much. My only complaint is the lack of coal, We have to make charcoal to get anything done which is slowing down the making of the militia.
Everything's in the news today

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31786 on: December 07, 2013, 02:20:46 pm »

A Green Devourer has seriously injured the first of my dwarves to go hunting down in the caverns.  Well, not so much injured, as charged at, causing poor Bim to dodge off a cliff.  It's the baby Bim was carrying that I really feel sorry for.

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #31787 on: December 07, 2013, 04:01:35 pm »

Paintedgem now has a legendary stonecrafter and legendary mason! As well as a vampire problem. However, I did manage to build my reservior properly my first try, even if it's a bit covoluted.

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31788 on: December 07, 2013, 04:20:15 pm »

Three dedicated workshops turning out stone pots to fit all the booze I'm making in.

Bim's baby survived the fall, but not his attempt to crawl to safety, bleeding out before he got very far.  Bim, however, is undergoing intensive health care, and seems likely to make a full recovery, despite being almost as much fabric as dwarf by this point. 

The Green Devourer, after surviving another hail of crossbow bolts from a fellow hunter who went down to avenge his fallen comrade, and getting pummeled a bit by the Engraver who was there to haul Bim up to the hospital, was neatly bisected by Tun Tandeduk, the Order of Rock, Axedwarf and former Corrupt Sheriff.

charle88

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31789 on: December 07, 2013, 04:56:57 pm »

My first fortress, Workyoung, has had an eventful three years. It's gone through a tantrum spiral that destroyed 3/4 of my population (one berserk dwarf crawled out of his hospital bed and started to kill the other patients before the sheriff got to him) and a flood caused by my own incompetence. Thankfully winter has taken care of the water.

My catacomb project came to an end when everyone started to kill each other. Instead I resorted to dumping the bodies in hastily constructed mass graves.

The current population, which has just recovered from the tantrum spiral, is at 63. I'm currently building a defensive tower at my entrance and plan to construct a moat soon after.

And a recruit has recently clubbed a Black Bear to death with her crossbow.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31790 on: December 07, 2013, 05:02:49 pm »

The Dark Stranglers have come to play again, all riding on freaking camels. Col. Ashmon lead her team of elites out to the main gate with their newest inductee, a very young boy named Zas, sleeping in the barracks at the time. Sergeant Ezost decided that while mighty, the fortress elites would need help not so much killing the enemy as much keeping them from slipping through into the fortress and killing people. However, Ezost's men are all fairly young (the oldest is 15, the other two younger than that,) and unproven.

Hopefully all will go well, as we lacked the weapons to arm everyone...

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31791 on: December 07, 2013, 06:41:10 pm »

Ceilingscorch has withstood its first serious attack from the Enemy.  All Military Dwarves acquitted themselves nobly, all though none earned their title today.  A debt of thanks to our brothers and sisters from the Mountainhome, who helped fend off the vicious assault.  Now we bury our dead.

In other, happier news, the Mountainhome has taken notice of our vast quantities of skull totems, horn rings and ivory crowns, and wishes to make us a barony!  Rejoice!

Bludulukus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31792 on: December 07, 2013, 06:54:36 pm »

Once again Fortressbowel narrowly avoids a tantrum spiral, as usual the lack of stockpiled clothing wreaks havoc when all the trousers, tunics and shoes start to rot away. Only massive effort from weavers and leathercrafters saves the situation.

Casualties summary:
2 dwarves gone stark raving mad
1 dwarf murdered by fist to brain
1 dwarf executed by hammer to head
2 dwarves executed by starvation

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31793 on: December 07, 2013, 07:43:59 pm »

Once again Fortressbowel narrowly avoids a tantrum spiral, as usual the lack of stockpiled clothing wreaks havoc when all the trousers, tunics and shoes start to rot away. Only massive effort from weavers and leathercrafters saves the situation.

Casualties summary:

This is why you import a bunch of leather, say elk bird leather, from the Mountainhome. Make leather armor unis for all your non hunting/mining/treecutting neck beards.
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31794 on: December 07, 2013, 08:14:21 pm »

The fortress of Brighttower has seen its fair share of tragedy lately. A5 Avalast, our militia commander who had recently given birth, died fighting amongst a seething mass of goblin ambushers. Her child died as well, needless to say. We also lost her only companion, a hammerdwarf.

Having sworn off the exploitative measures known as danger rooms, rebuilding the militia will not be a simple matter. Avalast and her companion were trained on troglodytes and trolls in the first level of the caves; their successors will be trained on goblin ambushes. Avalast had to make do with iron armor and weaponry; the next militia will fight with steel axes and breastplates. Avalast died gallantly in a one-on-five battle; her progeny of spirit shall live through fire and flames and forgotten beasts.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31795 on: December 07, 2013, 08:26:28 pm »

Casualties summary:

This is why you import a bunch of leather, say elk bird leather, from the Mountainhome. Make leather armor unis for all your non hunting/mining/treecutting neck beards.

Pah!  Import leather?  That's why you murder every type of wildlife unfortunate to wander its way into the path of your steely eyed huntsdwarves.  Their skin goes to make clothing, their bones to make bolts to kill the next animal to come along, their meat to feed your dwarves, and their skulls and any other leftover bits to make crafts to trade for booze.

Edit:  It's been a tough couple days for young Asėn Vudtharushat, having been kidnapped by not one, but two goblins, each of whom gave her a poke with the dagger first.  She's taking it like a real trooper though, ecstatic just to be free again.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 10:35:08 pm by Don Blake »

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #31796 on: December 08, 2013, 12:44:20 am »

Paintedgem is going good, even though it's had a slow start. Migrant waves have come to a halt at ~130 citizens. I got a werebeast, but my militia was ample enough to slaughter it with only some bruises. I still have yet to make any trade goods, but its getting there.

Oh, and my 12 year old hammerer just broke in the tool, on my useless mayor who was tantruming and killed a dwarf.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31797 on: December 08, 2013, 01:16:53 am »

Relicshield, pop. 167, Autumn of 337 (Year 86)

The vast majority of megabeasts that the dwarves of Relicshield have fought have been forgotten beasts from the caverns below.  However, four decades ago, a swamp titan breached the fortress's defenses due to a security oversight, but luckily the Relicshield's war grizzlies were on hand.  When a new titan appeared, this time from the mountains, the guards were ready.

The Mountain Titan Slesat Zolstez Susalonu has come! An enormous three-eyed dimetrodon. It has a broad shell and it has an austere look about it. Its pink scales are jagged and overlapping. Beware its webs!

Slesat quickly entered the underground trade network's eastern tunnel.  The creature was met in battle by several legendary soldiers, including Cog Slingriddles.  Already a slayer of a forgotten beasts, Cog hacked away with his axe known as "Swelteredhaunts," eventually cutting the titan in two:

The Soldier Axe hacks The Mountain Titan in the lower body from behind with his Keshshakdumur and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #31798 on: December 08, 2013, 01:29:19 am »

Set out on an island, hopefully the goblins will stay away this time, but somehow the first caravan and 2 waves of immigrants still got here... Going to build above ground defenses just in case

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31799 on: December 08, 2013, 11:00:39 am »

Set out on an island, hopefully the goblins will stay away this time, but somehow the first caravan and 2 waves of immigrants still got here... Going to build above ground defenses just in case

They caulked the wagons and floated, no doubt!
Pages: 1 ... 2118 2119 [2120] 2121 2122 ... 3842