Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1378 1379 [1380] 1381 1382 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6121764 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #20685 on: March 15, 2012, 06:28:31 pm »

Just got a migrant wave, seems my civ has a disproportionally high number of veterans. even the medical officers have either A.) killed elves, or B.) killed various large animals and animal men.
My lord jesus fuck almighty.

- Fine.

- Yellow all over. Numb. Winded.

- Yellow all over. Winded. Everybody part is rotten and completely swollen with blood. They are alive but producing miasma.

This may not be a great thing.
I stand corrected.....

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #20686 on: March 15, 2012, 07:25:33 pm »

So I killed the elf merchants and stole their goods, sold them off when the human caravan came along.

Also, lucky bastards. My world seems much more peaceful.
Wish the game would let you age the world AFTER you've had a fortress set up.
Is there a mod that does that?

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

DrGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20687 on: March 15, 2012, 07:38:39 pm »

Just embarked on a volcano in the badlands. The RNG named the Fortress "Necrocanyon".

I have a bad feeling about this.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20688 on: March 15, 2012, 07:44:33 pm »

Success! FPS lowered from 4500 to 3000! Explanation in this thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104643.0
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20689 on: March 15, 2012, 07:53:33 pm »

Abandoned my fort in my elf-ruled world.
Went into legends..

There was an elf named "Cana Pregnantheaven".  ???

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20690 on: March 15, 2012, 07:53:43 pm »

Just a normal day in the-

Oh shit.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20691 on: March 15, 2012, 07:54:11 pm »

I have a bad feeling about this.

Boy, you always gotta bad feelin' about somethin'.

+2 for those who get the game reference.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20692 on: March 15, 2012, 08:06:24 pm »

Lol. Love this perverted world.
"Climactic Hill". "The Seducer of Oozes". "Cana Pregantheaven".

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20693 on: March 15, 2012, 08:09:31 pm »

Lol. Love this perverted world.
"Climactic Hill". "The Seducer of Oozes". "Cana Pregantheaven".

Dammit. Now I can't get the picture of a dwarf trying to woo an Ochre Jelly out of my head. >_<

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #20694 on: March 15, 2012, 08:11:31 pm »

-Titan attack : victory for the fortress without a single loss (great job my military)
-1st big Goblin siege : victory for the fortress without a single loss (great job my myriads of cage traps)
-1st Undead big invasion : victory for the fortress without a single loss (great job my marksdwarves and their lots of bolts, shooting from my entrance building rooftop)
-2nd big Goblin siege : victory for the fortress, but a few losses (2 or 3 civilians and 3 marksdwarves, and most horrible loss, the fabulous medical chief as none else in the hundred of dwarves around has any kind of medical talent) due to the Goblin archers/crossbow users high skills.
***some tantrum are starting to be thrown around the fort, seems like the lost dwarves were very appreciated
-2nd Undead big invasion : victory for the fortress without a single loss (again a great job my marksdwarves and their lots of bolts)
***tantrum are increasing in number a lot, notice that some workshops and famrs are regularly destroyed after being rebuilt and that the cistern is contaminated due to those idiots bleeding all over it and not even trying to clean it.
***idiot tantruming dwarves not even bothering to go drink elsewhere despite there are still areas of the stream that are not yet took over by the stagnant bug, even despite it's marked as water source zone.
***a few dwarves are dying from starving and thirst, despite there are barrels full of food and water available, lot of them are dying from wounds in the hospital and lack of water/food.
***dwarves are berzerking left and right, dwarves are dying from fighting with each other or being struck down by my military (when they're berzerk).

Conclusion : the fortress is obviously falling, in a season it went from a strong 120 living dwarves (at the end of the last invasion) to currently 53, and the tantrum spiral is not close to being finished as it continue to rage around.

Can't believe that just losing a very dwarves led into a murdering and death rampage that was incredibly more efficient than any kind of goblin and undead army at destroying my fortress.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 08:13:24 pm by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #20695 on: March 15, 2012, 08:26:42 pm »

And in no time we're down to 22 dwarves.

Nearly 100 dwarves have been lost to the tantrum spiral !

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20696 on: March 15, 2012, 08:53:54 pm »

Last fortress: not a single migrant with military skills for a year.  Squad captain list dosn't get filled until another year later.

This fortress:First four migrants with good military skills.  One in each of my preferred squad weapon specialties. (Sword, Spear, Crossbow, Mace/Fortress guards)  Get a couple flunkies for them too.   Only useful non combat skill anyone comes with is furnace operating.

...Oh well, at least dabbling civilian skills just result in slow work and crappy items instead of deaths. And my starting miners are half decent armor and weaponsmiths on the side, so I still call this a step up.

In other news a tigerfish somehow got into the inflow for my waterfall and then jumped the gap instead of splattering into fishsticks in the sewer after falling down the waterfall.  Never saw a fish do that before, maybe it had something to do with the shallow little 1/7 splashes of water that are around the gap from an earlier minor overflow. 

Anyway the courageous little thing airdrowned before it even interrupted any work.  Almost feel like burying the brave little guy.  But I don't get the opportunity to tell my butcher to butcher a fish very often.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20697 on: March 15, 2012, 09:06:22 pm »

Jesus christ, have DF running all day, this fort I just got baronness and was making her a nice room, office, dining room ect.

But instead she starts FLIPPING SHIT because someone has a decent dining room to their name. Eventually is so fucking miserable she goes straight melancholy and drowns herself, then a siege happens and the computer freezes up and DF crashes.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20698 on: March 15, 2012, 09:14:32 pm »

GOT YOU NOW, SCUM!

KainInt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20699 on: March 15, 2012, 09:51:48 pm »

I got pretty distracted by my first mega-project seeming to be a success, and nearly starved my fort.

Fun fact: you can't support 200+ dwarves on a single 8x8 farm plot.
Who knew?
Pages: 1 ... 1378 1379 [1380] 1381 1382 ... 3842