Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1377 1378 [1379] 1380 1381 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6121774 times)

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #20670 on: March 15, 2012, 03:46:58 pm »

Elven attacks are absolute murder on your unprotected livestock, but other than that? No problem at all. They use wooden arms & armor which respectively do no damage and stop no damage whatsoever. Massed archery may be annoying though.

Got a mood. Secretive. Chap was a rusty novice mason and a rusty novice armorsmith. He made a steel mail shirt. Badasssss.
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20671 on: March 15, 2012, 04:26:32 pm »

Elven attacks are absolute murder on your unprotected livestock, but other than that? No problem at all. They use wooden arms & armor which respectively do no damage and stop no damage whatsoever. Massed archery may be annoying though.

Got a mood. Secretive. Chap was a rusty novice mason and a rusty novice armorsmith. He made a steel mail shirt. Badasssss.

If they won't do any damage, then really the typically bear mounted leader and a lucky thump upside the head are the only dangers. I wanna see my dwarven legionaries (Modded in Gladii swords) slaiughter more elves, since they seem to have bad blood already.

Edit: I just got Drainsnuts, a horsebone longsword.... I dunno if that's great or horrible.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #20672 on: March 15, 2012, 04:38:55 pm »

How is it possible that three farms (two wild strawberry, one plump helmet) are filling up my stockpiles faster than I can make barrels for them?

Elven attacks are absolute murder on your unprotected livestock, but other than that? No problem at all. They use wooden arms & armor which respectively do no damage and stop no damage whatsoever. Massed archery may be annoying though
I'll probably copy and piss them off on a copy save.
Cheap, I know.. but I'm not sure if my military's ready.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20673 on: March 15, 2012, 05:17:27 pm »

If they won't do any damage, then really the typically bear mounted leader and a lucky thump upside the head are the only dangers. I wanna see my dwarven legionaries (Modded in Gladii swords) slaiughter more elves, since they seem to have bad blood already.

Edit: I just got Drainsnuts, a horsebone longsword.... I dunno if that's great or horrible.

Well, they will do damage. Just not against armoured targets. Barring extremely lucky hits, that is. Or bears. Unicorns. Whatever. Their beasties are both more interesting and more dangerous.

Also, that sword is awesome.

Your military may not be ready for anything serious but elves are good practice. :P

Electrode

• Bay Watcher
  • murmurs horrible curses
    • View Profile
« Reply #20674 on: March 15, 2012, 05:27:51 pm »

Well, I did eventually get back to building the Lighthouse of Channelores Island. After many years of dwarven labor, it is complete!

Spoiler: Z+14, the light itself (click to show/hide)

With their work complete, it's time for our diminutive laborers to leave their island paradise and return home. How they will do that is unclear. Perhaps if they build a boat...

(as a footnote, their civ name is "The Ships of Extrication")

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20675 on: March 15, 2012, 05:37:32 pm »

I do believe I have just got the most badass peasant ever as an immigrant.

Has 215 various animal kills, including a troll and other large beasts. And yet it still counts as a peasant.

Expert swordsdwarf, adept shield user/armor user/dodger, great tracker, no other skills at all. Lives for risk and excitement, difficulties with authority (both which are not surprising in a hunter), stoic, likes cave crocodiles probably for their savagery, and he is called Shakemirror which is pretty good.

Now to see his legends entry... he worships three different bronze colossi, one roc and one hydra. Yeah, that's a badass alright.

=> MILITIA COMMANDER AUTOMATIC PROMOTION
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 05:39:07 pm by Naryar »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20676 on: March 15, 2012, 05:50:49 pm »

Poor kobold tried to slip in past my bear based security system. With a human caravan in the area. He almost made it to the surface where he took an arrow to the leg, chipping the bone, and ending with 2 ware grizzlies, thier cubs, and a black bear mauling him.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20677 on: March 15, 2012, 05:56:55 pm »

Artifact Silver short sword. Not fantastic but it is badass. :P

edit: the guy who made, the King Consort had just before lost a child to tragedy lately and just now shot a Kobol dead with a single bolt tot he head. He's ecstatic at the mo'. Too bad the mood was a posession and too bad I didn't have steel or use bronze but whatever.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 05:59:19 pm by AWdeV »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20678 on: March 15, 2012, 05:59:45 pm »

Artifact Silver short sword. Not fantastic but it is badass. :P

Must be quite valuable. Why couldn't I get like, an artefact brass sword? i have like 15 bars laying around.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20679 on: March 15, 2012, 06:10:01 pm »

It's worth 84000. The previous artifact, a steel mail shirt is worth 150000.

Just had the third FB in this fort. A giigantic sauropod composed of water. It produced a lot of steam-like frozen extract and seemed to be capable of blasting dwarves aside with it but he's now reduced to a shell, a head, a lower body water and a right and left front leg water.

Also supposedly deadly dust but the two dwarves who fought him and who got covered all over in extract (ew) seem fine so far. It's not as if they're even dirty.

edit: oopsie. Completely covered in Frozen extract. Oh dearie me.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20680 on: March 15, 2012, 06:12:30 pm »

It's worth 84000. The previous artifact, a steel mail shirt is worth 150000.

Just had the third FB in this fort. A giigantic sauropod composed of water. It produced a lot of steam-like frozen extract and seemed to be capable of blasting dwarves aside with it but he's now reduced to a shell, a head, a lower body water and a right and left front leg water.

Also supposedly deadly dust but the two dwarves who fought him and who got covered all over in extract (ew) seem fine so far. It's not as if they're even dirty.

edit: oopsie. Completely covered in Frozen extract. Oh dearie me.

They should be fine so long as they had clothes covering them, right?

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20681 on: March 15, 2012, 06:15:47 pm »

My lord jesus fuck almighty.

- Fine.

- Yellow all over. Numb. Winded.

- Yellow all over. Winded. Everybody part is rotten and completely swollen with blood. They are alive but producing miasma.

This may not be a great thing.

ZZmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20682 on: March 15, 2012, 06:17:26 pm »

embarked on a sinistar glacier have a 3 tir airlock for merchants and dwarfs to run into a elf didn't make it ^_~ and since i love being able to use everything well what can i say but good eats.
This stack of 4 dwarven sugar roast the ingredients are well-minced prepared elf heart, finely minced elf tripe, minced chopped elf liver and finely minced dwarven sugar. to quote daffy duck. drool drool. now turn her constantly re-animating bones into bolts
run run run. cowards. we hunger.
DK advisor quote was the message thingy of DF with: "Uric Glodson does a wonderful impression of the baron, he can even do the nose. He has been sentenced to 40 hammerstrikes for his insolence."

daggerbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Daggerbite
« Reply #20683 on: March 15, 2012, 06:19:47 pm »

bear based security system.

SOLD!!
Welcome to Daggerbite, a lovely place where we murder and eat magpies.
Killing minotaurs, forgotten beasts and giant cave spiders is all in a days work

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20684 on: March 15, 2012, 06:25:21 pm »

Augh! If I want to move the bodies I run the risk that the stupid extract spreads and murders more dwarfs but if I leave them they will rot and one of them was part of my starting seven and had a lot of friends!

Pages: 1 ... 1377 1378 [1379] 1380 1381 ... 3842