Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1380 1381 [1382] 1383 1384 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6121486 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #20715 on: March 16, 2012, 08:24:53 am »

I hear ya on the booze problem. My farmers are so awesome that I never have enough barrels for booze.

EDIT: Sadly, my fort's succumbed to FPS-almostdeath. That's why I want to kill it now.
That's actually odd, you usually run out of barrels if your farmers are bad because you use 20 barrels to store 100 units of booze instead of 4 barrels.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20716 on: March 16, 2012, 08:26:47 am »

Stop your ancient habits and make some rock pots already :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Himmelblau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20717 on: March 16, 2012, 08:31:53 am »

Stop your ancient habits and make some rock pots already :P
This. I had problems with barrels too, until I found about rock pots (from the Face Palms -thread, actually). Now it's just bins that I keep running out of :/

Somebody said they disliked rock pots for their appearance, though.
Dwarf Fortress- where a sudden mist that causes you to bleed from every orifice and drop dead is one of the better outcomes.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #20718 on: March 16, 2012, 08:41:34 am »

I have been using pots. Sorry. Just habit makes me say barrels.

Basically what's happening is almost ALL of my pots are used for the results of my farm.
It's weird that I can survive on one farm.

Possibly a byproduct of DFhack, though.

EDIT: Trying to kill off my fort is taking a long amount of time.
Eh, screw this, I'm deleting the world anyways.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 08:49:47 am by RabblerouserGT »

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Himmelblau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20719 on: March 16, 2012, 09:04:24 am »

Farming has been considered to be over efficient for as long as I remember. I rarely need to build more than four 3x3 farm plots until population reaches 100 or 150 or something. Don't know if DFhack would affect production rate somehow, never tried it.
Dwarf Fortress- where a sudden mist that causes you to bleed from every orifice and drop dead is one of the better outcomes.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20720 on: March 16, 2012, 09:11:28 am »

Farming has been considered to be over efficient for as long as I remember. I rarely need to build more than four 3x3 farm plots until population reaches 100 or 150 or something. Don't know if DFhack would affect production rate somehow, never tried it.
222 population.
And the likeliest DFhack plugin I abused the most was fastdwarf. But so far as I know, the only thing affected by the speedup is the dwarves themselves and maybe caravans. Animals and I think enemies aren't effected by it.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #20721 on: March 16, 2012, 09:40:00 am »

A dwarven child in my fortress went into fey mood claiming one of the craftsdwarf's workshops and after a while he made a legendary wooden ring worth almost 50,000 dwarfbucks. The child is now a legendary woodcrafter. I still cannot use its talents though, because a child does as it pleases.
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

omg_scout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20722 on: March 16, 2012, 10:15:37 am »

It is boooring.

If I do not have a goblin civilization in civilizations screen in dwarf mode does it mean I will not get any sieges nor ambushes?

Quick answers please, as I will have to abandon this fort and start another one!;)

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20723 on: March 16, 2012, 10:17:52 am »

No, you can still get sieges, it just means you haven't encountered that civ yet.

I had my fort going for two decades of boredom, then all of a sudden - goblin ambush. Never got rid of the little bastards since.
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

omg_scout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20724 on: March 16, 2012, 10:25:37 am »

Thanks. I was just wondering - 2 years without ambush nor siege - last game I had about 500+ kills after 2 years.

HD23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20725 on: March 16, 2012, 11:16:42 am »

Thanks. I was just wondering - 2 years without ambush nor siege - last game I had about 500+ kills after 2 years.

If you didn't have a goblin civ at embark screen, you will not have ambushes and sieges.
If you had it in embark screen and don't have it in civilizations screen, it means you didn't encounter them yet, but you will eventually.

Instead of re-embarking you can try pissing off Elves and Humans.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20726 on: March 16, 2012, 12:46:00 pm »

How can you tell who your "neighbors" are before embark?

matakuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20727 on: March 16, 2012, 12:52:27 pm »

My new queen is the best. 4104 kills, 3606 of them dwarves. Together with about 300 humans, she drank almost an entire civ. Even taking her true age, that's two murders per month.
-
Before embark, you can <tab> through several information on embark screen, as biomes, steepness, neighbors etc.

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20728 on: March 16, 2012, 01:05:12 pm »

We had a Roc come to visit.  I sent out my squad to take it down.  It's times like these I am grateful for my marksdwarves.  They shot the Roc's wings to ribbons, causing it to crash.  One death and a few injuries. For some reason, my Commander is described as "pale".

YOU HAVE A VAMPIRE.
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20729 on: March 16, 2012, 02:05:41 pm »

I was playing around with DFHack's workflow.
Just noticed i forgot to put a limit on doors.
Now what  do i do with these 100 doors in my stockpile? :D
Pages: 1 ... 1380 1381 [1382] 1383 1384 ... 3842