Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6103917 times)

madk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pineapplemachine
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #3780 on: June 19, 2010, 06:03:40 pm »

AUUUUGHH

HOW HARD IS IT FOR A DWARF TO JUST NOT TOUCH THE LOCK ON A CAGE THAT THEY'RE HAULING?

I was bringing in my captured werewolves, groundhogs, harpies, and marmots to my trade depot for the arriving caravan. My dwarves stupidly let the creatures out of their cages before bringing them to the depot. As can be expected for having a full page and a half of caged creatures being moved, I don't think my fort is going to survive, especially considering the animals and monsters are already inside my fort, which would have never happened naturally. That and there's so many of them.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: June 19, 2010, 06:07:40 pm »

AUUUUGHH

HOW HARD IS IT FOR A DWARF TO JUST NOT TOUCH THE LOCK ON A CAGE THAT THEY'RE HAULING?

I was bringing in my captured werewolves, groundhogs, harpies, and marmots to my trade depot for the arriving caravan. My dwarves stupidly let the creatures out of their cages before bringing them to the depot. As can be expected for having a full page and a half of caged creatures being moved, I don't think my fort is going to survive, especially considering the animals and monsters are already inside my fort, which would have never happened naturally. That and there's so many of them.

Its an old bug from 40D that hasn't been fixed yet.

madk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pineapplemachine
« Reply #3782 on: June 19, 2010, 07:37:11 pm »

So I embarked. There are a ton of carp in my river.

I'm scared    o ~ o

EDIT: Wait, apparently carp aren't so deadly anymore. Man, I was looking forward to some Fun.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: June 19, 2010, 07:49:35 pm »

well, things are going well this time. Not crashes yet, I've activated seasonal saves, so I should be ok until this crashing problem is fixed, and all gear is inside. there's not enough time left before the first spring thaw, so there's no chance of me getting a hatch up should I attempt to start Operation Frank Sinatra now. I'll have to wait to descend to the depths until next winter. and we will be ready.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: June 19, 2010, 08:57:53 pm »

"You have discovered an expansive cavern deep unerground."

No s**t. It's more than 100 Z-levels.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: June 19, 2010, 09:01:17 pm »

EDIT: Wait, apparently carp aren't so deadly anymore. Man, I was looking forward to some Fun.

If you want some Fun, add this simple line of text to the CARP raw:
Code: [Select]
[DRAGONFIREBREATH][FIREIMMUNE_SUPER]

Wow! How did you manage to gen that?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

geoduck

• Bay Watcher
  • mollusk
    • View Profile
    • Geoduck's Page
« Reply #3786 on: June 19, 2010, 09:09:00 pm »

I finally broke down and tried the new version. Everything's gone OK so far, found the caverns/underground sea and got some farming going, and then the first caravan arrived. I had read somewhere about this particular bug, but was still amused to see my Chief Medical Dwarf immediately sprint out of the fort, rummage through the caravan's packs, and swipe some thread to stash away in the hospital.
Geoduck's graphic set: simple and compact!

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: June 19, 2010, 09:12:56 pm »

You're just unlucky. I too get those huge caverns often. They release the Lagmonster though with all the extra space. It munches on the FPS... My new fort is on a very small region with only 10 z-levels total, I have 637 FPS ;D. I will build an epic castle for my epic fort.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 02:30:14 pm by Daywalkah »
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: June 19, 2010, 09:14:55 pm »

Volcano. They make everything bigger.
Also, first time I've encountered Adamantine that isn't submerged in lava. Yay! Damn cavern goes from 48 to 141. And then there's two more under it.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: June 19, 2010, 10:20:12 pm »

Glass production is moving along splendidly. all the sand I brought doubles as bags once I'm done. I've found enough bituminous coal to keep smelting until the deadline, Then I need to dig in as soon as the river freezes, and immediately begin construction on my Glass dome. hopefully I'll have time to complete the airlock back to where I'll build my trade depot, but if not I've got Hatches for a reason. unfortunately it'll probably take the better part of a season just to get the gear hauled into the fortress. Timing on this operation will be key, or we'll be set back an entire year.

*Mayor facepalms*

absynthe7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: June 19, 2010, 10:34:08 pm »

The forgotten beast Gilafi Terathiayiti has come! A towering one-eyed shrimp. It has two broad horns and it squirms and fidgets. It's slate gray exoskeleton is waxy. Beware its poisonous bite!

UM WHAT

Oh, and it has ten legs, apparently.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: June 19, 2010, 10:41:01 pm »

I'm pretty certain of this, but as it is vital to my city's survival, water cannot seep in through a corner between walls on different Z levels can it?

~~
~#
#_

Kinda like that, with this being a side view.

Edit: Nevermind, Found it on Pressure, Not the water Page of the wiki.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 10:43:43 pm by lanceleoghauni »

*Mayor facepalms*

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: June 19, 2010, 10:47:04 pm »

I'm pretty certain of this, but as it is vital to my city's survival, water cannot seep in through a corner between walls on different Z levels can it?

~~
~#
#_

Kinda like that, with this being a side view.

Edit: Nevermind, Found it on Pressure, Not the water Page of the wiki.

Hey! I was going to try building my next fort underwater with glass! Now it's not a cool and original idea  :(

All joking aside, you might as well just assume it does. Better safe than sorry, right?
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: June 19, 2010, 10:57:22 pm »

Dumbass dwarves dehydrated themselves to death. There was drinkable water in the caverns, I'd seen them drinking it...

Still, the adamantine is so easily accessible that reclaiming should be worth it.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: June 19, 2010, 10:59:24 pm »

I've got this one dude, Eric the Ranger who spams messages like: Eric McWhatever Ranger cancels eat: Unconcious.

He's been in a fight, but only his left elbow and right ankle are yellow, everything else is white. He's 'Unconscious' and 'Hungry'.

Is this some sort of permanent brain damage?
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 3842