Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6105489 times)

sjaakwortel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #3510 on: June 12, 2010, 02:51:09 pm »

And my happy drunk bear is still drinking my booze,
Quote from: Greep on May 08, 2010, 07:55:20 pm
do dwarves move any slower when using the stairs?
Compared to falling? Yes.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: June 12, 2010, 03:00:57 pm »

whoops, It appears My Legendary metalsmith made a masterwork cage that I melted :P
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: June 12, 2010, 03:08:36 pm »

Still trying to channel out a 130x130 tile ditch. *sigh*

Arkbrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: June 12, 2010, 03:09:26 pm »

A minotaur came to attack my fortress. The first thing he did was to destroy a floodgate, which released a river of magma at him. He ran away from it to destroy another floodgate, releasing more magma. Trapped between the two magma flows, he climbed onto a hill where he was caught in a cage trap.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: June 12, 2010, 03:11:55 pm »

that sounds hilarious

*Mayor facepalms*

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #3515 on: June 12, 2010, 03:38:41 pm »

My inner superstructure is almost ready!

I just need... what, 1000 more units of green glass gem?

Yes, I'm doing glass GEM windows.  'Cause I got balls of steel.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: June 12, 2010, 03:44:17 pm »

Wow... that's kinda interesting.

In 40D I started a Green glass block tower. just made the whole thing out of glass.

*Mayor facepalms*

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: June 12, 2010, 03:50:31 pm »

Damn. I was planning something similar.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: June 12, 2010, 03:52:23 pm »

It was square and boring, do something cool and Dwarfy.

I was a Noob, so I tried to make something relatively failproof, I still managed to accidentally crush a noble through several Z Levels of rock due to JUST the right amount of not-support on a specific tile and falling glass. The nobles quarters were built right under it you see.

I'm noticing the weapon traps I've put at the entrance to my fort are far nastier than I thought.

a 5/5 combo of Bronze Large, serrated discs and Bronze Menacing spikes.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 04:46:08 pm by lanceleoghauni »

*Mayor facepalms*

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: June 12, 2010, 04:51:35 pm »

Hi!

O.o
That is really an impressive project, Shurikane. Very nice job.

My fortress is still growing only slowly (okay, I didn't have much time actually playing today (^_^;; ). However, my bad luck with artifacts continues.

The first thing I noticed was a nice case of news travelling fast. I am still in the same year as when the other artifacts were created (I think, could also be the next year), and the dwarven caravan brought a cage with decorations on it depicting the second artifact - I guess, at least someone liked it (^_^;;

Now, I got my third mood. Yes, it is another fey dwarf. Yes, he claimed that same mason's workshop. Yes, he just used two cheap materials to create:
Cudistsanreb, "Scaldedowned", a orthoclase statue of dwarves

This is a orthoclase statue of dwarves. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.
The item is a masterfully designed image of dwarves in orthoclase by Atis Isonurdim. The dwarves are traveling. The artwork relates to the foundation of Kindnesssabre by The Cudgel of Covering of The Razor of Confederacies in the early spring of 1051.
It is encrusted in satinspar.
On the item is an image of Degel Lanternsounded the dwarf and dwarves in orthoclase. Degel Lanternsounded is surrounded by the dwarves. The artwork relates to the appointment of the dwarf Degel Lanternsounded to the position of diplomat of The Razor of Confederacies in 1.

Its value is 5,400.

Granted, I like the addition of historical images. But why always those minimalistic artifacts? (T_T) And why always that mason's workshop???

Well, I guess that statue will fit in with the well. At least orthoclase is yellow, so it makes a good contrast.

Deathworks

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: June 12, 2010, 04:55:29 pm »

currently my only source of Iron is from the corpses of the idiotic goblins who think more ambushers will mean they get through my defenses.

they have only seen the beginning of my defenses. they cannot comprehend the true meaning of doom yet.

*Mayor facepalms*

madk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pineapplemachine
« Reply #3521 on: June 12, 2010, 05:34:47 pm »

My legendary miner plummeted to her death while she was building a pit. I am not pleased. She's leaving a lot behind, too - a kid, a lover, and a crapload of pets.

R.I.P. Mosus Tulonmurak

Bryan Derksen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: June 12, 2010, 07:03:32 pm »

I noticed one of my masons was "hunting small animal" despite there being plenty of food in the fort. Zooming to him, I find him way off in the corner of one of my cavern levels trapped by freshly-grown mushroom trees. Oddly enough it was faster to dig a rescue tunnel than it was to cut down one of the offending trees, but I've designated every tree in the cavern for cutting anyway out of revenge. Perhaps this will send a message to the vegetation where all those dead elves failed.

I also just learned, via Toady's changelist, that dwarves get a skill penalty when hungry/thirsty/drowsy. No wonder my legendary armor/weaponsmiths occasionally produced crap "well-crafted" items. Until the next version comes out that fixes the "work until you starve" problem I'm going to have to micromanage a bit, at least now that I've got some special blue metal to work with.

Tabithda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: June 12, 2010, 10:11:41 pm »

I have a particularly determined black bear trying to guzzle the various wines and beers the elven traders brought with them. This would not be too much of a problem for me(I have no non-wooden things to trade) were it not for the fact that I built my depot right in front of my main hut that I built for everyone to live in(though luckily for me the bear seems to constantly run back and forth between the depot and an old bridge, thus the bear only causes some job cancellations). I tried to get rid of the bear by deconstructing my depot to try and get the elves to leave, hoping that the bear would leave too. That failed, and instead I was left with the elves staying and their goods spilling on the ground. Not wanting to sacrifice my woodcutters in an attempt to get rid the thing, I instead opted to steal and release the tame caged wolf the elves brought with them in the hopes that it might wound the bear enough to make it bleed to death or at least leave the map. However, when my workers finally got around to getting it out of the cage I noticed that it was in another cage. Slightly annoyed, I built the second cage and released the wolf again, only for it to be in another cage. So I build that cage and wait again for it to be released from the cage, only for it to be in ANOTHER cage! Now I am waiting for the next accursed cage to be built so I can release the wolf from that one while the bear still is causing problems.

EDIT: The wolf is in yet another cage and the black bear just killed a pet dog.

EDIT2: Now I am getting spammed with messages that say: Yarare imimipar, Glassmaker cancels Release Large Creature: Need empty cage. What is going on here?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 10:27:59 pm by NLegari »

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 3842