Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6105344 times)

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #3540 on: June 13, 2010, 01:26:18 pm »

don't know if this has been said before but maybe this thread should be stickied...

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: June 13, 2010, 01:28:51 pm »

Damnit. The Elves just brought me a Giant Desert Scorpion, but I don't have enough goods to trade for it. I hope they bring one by next year.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: June 13, 2010, 01:30:17 pm »

having overdriven my food production to feed my 174 inhabitants, i now suffer a barrel shortage, and as a result a fast reducing booze supply as my stupid brewer lets the haulers take them to store the meat, fat, crops and mill products which would otherwise have nowhere to be stored and be left to rot. the elves resent my use of "thier" wood to solve this so i await thier excuses for warriors to bury my axes in. thier blood will not replenish my booze however. lead and tin barrels just cant be made fast enough at the moment to back up the wooden barrel stocks... that doest feel very "right" though.
This is a blank sig.

shoowop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: June 13, 2010, 01:34:14 pm »

having overdriven my food production to feed my 174 inhabitants, i now suffer a barrel shortage, and as a result a fast reducing booze supply as my stupid brewer lets the haulers take them to store the meat, fat, crops and mill products which would otherwise have nowhere to be stored and be left to rot. the elves resent my use of "thier" wood to solve this so i await thier excuses for warriors to bury my axes in. thier blood will not replenish my booze however. lead and tin barrels just cant be made fast enough at the moment to back up the wooden barrel stocks... that doest feel very "right" though.
try dumping some fat, it's useless other than for soap and it takes up a LOT of barrels.

especially if you've had a hunter-heavy fortress (obviously)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: June 13, 2010, 01:36:45 pm »

try dumping some fat, it's useless other than for soap and it takes up a LOT of barrels.

especially if you've had a hunter-heavy fortress (obviously)

I made a fat only stockpile set to use no barrels as an alternative... but it might be worth a check none slipped through the net...
This is a blank sig.

shoowop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: June 13, 2010, 01:40:27 pm »

ah.. thats clever. think I'll try that on my next fort.

shoowop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: June 13, 2010, 01:51:11 pm »

UPDATE
the forgotten beast has trapped half my fortress in 2 hallways, with him battling some ragtag militia in the main stairway between them both.

turns out my militia commander is still alive

he's currently organizing a striking demonstration.

so thats good.

and migrants just arrived wolololo

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: June 13, 2010, 02:06:19 pm »

http://horobox.reager.org/u/84-248-97-141_1276488902.png

Currently moving my workshops from level Z -1 to the surface level, in small huts. The dwarves live in two 2-story bed/apartment buildings, and the hospital is at the lower left corner. Restaurant is above hospital, and the mayor's 3-story building is above the restaurant.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: June 13, 2010, 02:08:34 pm »

Got my first caravan, traded a bunch of mugs and trinkets labed 'Made in Shipseal' for an even heavier surplus of food.
Edit: OH SHI- I just realised my map has carp.
Hello Hunam

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: June 13, 2010, 02:12:40 pm »

http://horobox.reager.org/u/84-248-97-141_1276488902.png

Currently moving my workshops from level Z -1 to the surface level, in small huts. The dwarves live in two 2-story bed/apartment buildings, and the hospital is at the lower left corner. Restaurant is above hospital, and the mayor's 3-story building is above the restaurant.

Awesome.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: June 13, 2010, 02:44:39 pm »

Woah! apparently, from my recent mining operation I just got 100 units of platinum in a few weeks. Score.
Hello Hunam

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: June 13, 2010, 03:28:44 pm »

I got my first siege in .31 and the gobbo leader was riding a giant olm.  Which promptly jumped into a murky pool and drowned him.  So I'm sending out my militia praying that the goblins will run away from the pool to attack my dwarves, as opposed to everyone dodging and falling into a pool and drowning.

Edit: Success!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 03:39:50 pm by Daetrin »
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

Turambar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: June 13, 2010, 03:40:37 pm »

We killed the forgotten beast, but the wielder of my artifact lead mace lost his mace hand.  What will I do with a captain of the guard who can only hold a shield?

Also, I've had about 6 posessions in a row, and no other type of mood.  what gives?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 03:50:34 pm by Turambar »

madk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pineapplemachine
« Reply #3553 on: June 13, 2010, 06:43:55 pm »

I started to get bored with my fort, so I'm disassembling it. And so far I've only lost a disheartening amount of 40 dwarves in the process.

Grendus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: June 13, 2010, 07:02:46 pm »

Damnit. The Elves just brought me a Giant Desert Scorpion, but I don't have enough goods to trade for it. I hope they bring one by next year.

Seize it. It will piss off the elves, but it takes more than some government sponsored theft to incite war. If that offends your sensibilities, way overpay them next year. They'll forgive you, promise.

My three soldiers have been training for half a year now, even though they have no weapons, no armor, and are currently working on wrestling in individual drills... buck naked. Since they were assigned armor and I don't have any made, they're putting on a great demonstration. But at least they're gaining basic fighting skill, that's gotta be useful, right? Oh yea, I disbanded their squad a season prior, damn bug.

I'm working on getting some steel manufacturing up for both trade goods and gear. Meanwhile, my attempt to make farming more difficult backfired. I'm now almost out of food, but I have puppies and kittens and a mound of unprocessed sweet pods and quarry bushes. I very well may have to reduce the number of seasons I farm my 16 square plot, food is ridiculously easy in DF.
A quick guide to surviving your first few days in CataclysmDDA:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=121194.msg4796325;topicseen#msg4796325
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 3842