Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2437 2438 [2439] 2440 2441 ... 3839

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5972601 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #36570 on: August 15, 2014, 12:29:47 pm »

My champion with an artifact adamantine helmet got killed by a towering crab forgotten beast with his own masterwork bronze shield..... The forgotten beast grabbed it after cutting off his arm with its pincer, then bashed him in the head with the shield and it exploded in gore.... ZE ARTIFACT DID NOTHING!!!
For blunt damage you want as heavy a material as possible. So definitely not adamantine.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Drecon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36571 on: August 15, 2014, 12:36:40 pm »

Apparently, after slaughtering the first wave of defenders, the goblins went back to regroup. Now, my population is halved and everyone is unhappy and throwing tantrums.
If I get to salvage this one it would be an accomplishment.

EDIT: so in the end, one guy went mad and I managed to bury the dead before anything really bad could happen. I seem to be stable until the next siege.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 01:17:29 pm by Drecon »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #36572 on: August 15, 2014, 02:02:14 pm »

Segfaults.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

YAHG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36573 on: August 15, 2014, 02:35:27 pm »

Using lnp premade setup, I assumed it would have an anvil..

Tons of iron ore flux and coal. Glorious but no anvil. Was flattening out my entrance area and managed to trap everyone but one miner in the air, so I deconstructed the floating wagon. Still no joy, dig out that last tile. Miner down :( I repeat miner down! That fort didn't make it.

Another try with my trusty anvil and 7 steel axes I loose almost everyone to a goblin in invasion before my first caravan.

Next attempt the goblins get there really fast :)) but they must've just been passing through I frantically wall in leaving 2 idiots outside. Luckily no combat :).

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #36574 on: August 15, 2014, 02:37:35 pm »

I just got an artifact hatch cover called Anguishnobles.

I think the application is obvious here.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Thor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36575 on: August 15, 2014, 03:23:21 pm »

After a particularly intense fight with a Kobold band of archers, one of their bowmen's head became disconnected from its body and stuck in a tree. It promptly re-animated and is now giving my dwarves evil stares so they wet themselves with fear.

Edit:  These nasty looks have now lasted a full 2 seasons as noone will shoot the head out of the tree.  No idea how to proceed with this one, any ideas anyone?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 04:21:36 pm by Thor »
Heroes Of My World.
Astesh Delightinks the Pungent Trust of Towers

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #36576 on: August 15, 2014, 04:00:20 pm »

A FB pulled some sort of in-and-out thing where it showed up, prompted the announcement, and promptly wandered off of the map again. Someone else's problem, I guess.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #36577 on: August 15, 2014, 06:09:22 pm »

After a particularly intense fight with a Kobold band of archers, one of their bowmen's head became disconnected from its body and stuck in a tree. It promptly re-animated and is now giving my dwarves evil stares so they wet themselves with fear.

Edit:  These nasty looks have now lasted a full 2 seasons as noone will shoot the head out of the tree.  No idea how to proceed with this one, any ideas anyone?

Acquire a blind dwarf, set him to woodcutting duty and designate the tree to be felled. Try to convince some militiadwarves to deal with it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36578 on: August 15, 2014, 07:08:53 pm »

Now that things have calmed down with the zombies and stuff, I turn my attention to the husks.
This will be my first time attacking a husk and expecting to live, so I better be careful.
Spoiler: Preparation (click to show/hide)
Okay, that part looks goods. The militia is ready and ..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

WTF is with these interruptions ?!?
I'm sealed off from the surface, and still all I get is "Urist has given birth" and "Urist cancels mining: interrupted by forgotten beast" and "Urist cancels give food: No food available" and "Urist is throwing a tantrum" and "Urist enjoyed throwing something recently" and the mist generator stops because of it all.

Oh, and in that last picture: WOW I have a lot of kids. I really need to start that Dwarven Kiddie Pool thing sometime.

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36579 on: August 15, 2014, 07:13:06 pm »

A siege came, and went after a horse dodges a crossbow bolt. I can only imagine the goblins were thinking "Wait, the horse is that badass?

But alas, my fort is so full of magnetite and hematite that I can't swing a pick without hitting it, but...there's no coal. And trees are very scarce.

This is a dilemma. I'm torn between doing what I can with charcoal and starting a mini colony near the magma sea to smelt some bars. Le sigh.

Elsewise, things are coming along. I'm also wondering if I should start my big megaproject now or wait until the fortress is more prosperous. And where shell I put the dining room? Big questions, man. Big questions.

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36580 on: August 15, 2014, 07:22:10 pm »

A siege came, and went after a horse dodges a crossbow bolt. I can only imagine the goblins were thinking "Wait, the horse is that badass?

But alas, my fort is so full of magnetite and hematite that I can't swing a pick without hitting it, but...there's no coal. And trees are very scarce.

This is a dilemma. I'm torn between doing what I can with charcoal and starting a mini colony near the magma sea to smelt some bars. Le sigh.

Elsewise, things are coming along. I'm also wondering if I should start my big megaproject now or wait until the fortress is more prosperous. And where shell I put the dining room? Big questions, man. Big questions.

Dig to the caverns and cut trees down there.

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36581 on: August 15, 2014, 08:41:50 pm »

Dug through an aquifer while it was frozen. Unfortunately there was no underground soil - only sand. Had to survive by fishing.

Then the river froze again.

Averted a drought by timely application of aquifer speed plumbing.

Also, the bucket brigade finally made enough mud for a farm so I planted the plump helmets.

Torrenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36582 on: August 15, 2014, 09:10:21 pm »

Welcome, King WhatsurName.  Your rooms are right over here.
Welcome Liason.  You want a WHAT?!  Sheesh, ok, carving out your rooms will delay Candy mining another month, you realize!
Welcome Forgotten Beast Sasp Slangorusmo.  @#%^#^!  Why are you guarding the Candy!?  And why are you made from stone?  Completing proper defenses there will take at least 2 months...  Deadly spittle?  So... no melee..  Made of brimstone, so arrows are probably out.  Tack on another couple months or so for Ballista on a proper ballista range to be prepared....

Someday.

Someday, I will mine that candy.

//Torrenal

BenLubar

• Bay Watcher
  • [BODY:HUMANOID_LEGLESS_6ARMS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36583 on: August 15, 2014, 09:46:49 pm »

My second encounter with a werecreature. The first one killed a migrant mother and her child and is now sitting in its own refuse stockpile inside a mausoleum.

It walked down along the river and left before my military could get there. A few fisherdwarves spooked, but no injuries.

My dwarves elected a 12-year-old as mayor.

Apparently she likes bitter orange wood wood. Before that, it had been the original expedition leader (he was mayor since the fort decided it was no longer an expedition).

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36584 on: August 16, 2014, 05:39:00 am »

I managed to embark right on top of a marble mountain with dozens of magnetite deposits, to the East there's a 5z tall forest with sand and fireclay layers and a brook. Not even my second year and I've got a small squad in full-steel- I almost feel bad for the goblins.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle
Pages: 1 ... 2437 2438 [2439] 2440 2441 ... 3839