Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2436 2437 [2438] 2439 2440 ... 3839

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5972741 times)

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #36555 on: August 14, 2014, 06:46:04 pm »

Created a really good dwarf..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And then a really bad dwarf..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The bad one would be an absolutely dreadful noble, I think...  8)

Torrenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36556 on: August 15, 2014, 12:28:49 am »

You have struck morion!
You have discovered an expansive cavern deep underground.
Digging designation canceled: damp stone located
You have discovered a magma pool.
Raw candy!  Praise the miners!

First time ever stumbling into Candy, despite several efforts trying. Time for me to learn what headaches might arrive.

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36557 on: August 15, 2014, 02:38:11 am »

Currently under siege by an army of undead goblins, that also contains several live dwarves.

I'm safely locked down in my fortress, with enough resources to last out the siege.

One of the hostile dwarves turned into a werezebra (or should that be a dweorgzebra?) and started fighting the other besiegers.  They eventually killed him, but not before he ripped someone's arm off with his teeth.  (Who is now infected and later turned as well, but didn't get into a fight).
Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36558 on: August 15, 2014, 02:49:34 am »

My best artifact ever. My champion now wears it, and i think my Swordmaster champion is worthy of this acquisition worth one million dwarf bucks after his decade of training and conditioning.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36559 on: August 15, 2014, 03:22:54 am »

The Dwarven Boarding School is again teaching essential Dwarven skills with a faculty of 112 wooden training spears. Soon the children of Searingmines (all 92 of them) will get a regime of healthy exercise and an occasional chance to harden themselves against pain and horror! Yes. Now let's see if the changes I made will prevent casualties this time...

I also started building a pit trap for goblin invaders for easy goblinite mining. However, I overengineered a bit and looks like I might be getting a 13000+ cubic Urist magma cannon reservoir instead.

How is your "Boarding School" set up, basically a few separate areas for child housing/food/etc with "exercise equipment" connecting them?

Just started up my first fort to actually start out in 40.08, and I'm about to start punching through the aquifer. It should only be one layer so nothing to special, but the plug I'm going to use is a significant amount bigger than usual, to avoid having to make others when I get around to a caravan route.

Hopefully my miners don't decide to drown themselves before we get through, the fort architect is planning a sizable entrance shaft so that building of the main fort can start in the caverns. They keep mumbling about skylights in the Main Hall surrounded by waterfalls. And for some reason sketched a few body parts in the center of the building plans...

Drecon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36560 on: August 15, 2014, 08:34:38 am »

First game with the new version, just busy setting up stuff like farms and so on...

Now, suddenly a vile force of darkness has arrived... A small Goblin Siege group apparently wandered unto my map. I've got some crossbows and some bolts, but no military at all.
This will be really interesting I guess.

damnit,urist,youhadonejob

• Bay Watcher
  • ugh don't build your self on that side of the wall
    • View Profile
« Reply #36561 on: August 15, 2014, 08:40:08 am »

my doctor just became my queen and is putting bloody blocks on my exports already. so does this mean every body else is dead and i will have no migrants?

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36562 on: August 15, 2014, 09:01:56 am »

my doctor just became my queen and is putting bloody blocks on my exports already. so does this mean every body else is dead and i will have no migrants?

Yes and no, respectively. Dwarves that are slaves/prisoners/expats in other civilizations will still migrate to The Only Mountainhome.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36563 on: August 15, 2014, 09:15:59 am »

How is your "Boarding School" set up, basically a few separate areas for child housing/food/etc with "exercise equipment" connecting them?

Basically, yes. The idea was that the students will get exercised whenever they want to go from food stockpile to dining table or from bed to booze barrel. Most students mill around in the central area anyway, getting constant education and (hopefully) some mild bruises to build character.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36564 on: August 15, 2014, 09:22:23 am »

Yes and no, respectively. Dwarves that are slaves/prisoners/expats in other civilizations will still migrate to The Only Mountainhome.
that's lovely, well my civilization is doomed. might as well see how far I can go with it. 36 dwarfs prepare your selves.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36565 on: August 15, 2014, 09:51:22 am »

that's lovely, well my civilization is doomed. might as well see how far I can go with it. 36 dwarfs prepare your selves.
You should try and rebuild your civilization. Which is plausible now. Keep the fortress going for a while then maybe make a couple more and then gear up an adventurer to go and perform a glorious crusade against the elves or goblins or whoever else's fault it is.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36566 on: August 15, 2014, 10:14:37 am »

This is going to kill this fort. i just know it. I hate that dwarves (and other playable races for that matter,) are so bullheaded that they wait until they're almost dead to use the stagnant ponds if there's no well. All I can do now is hope nobody dies before the caravan arrives next month or nobody eats the god damned plump helmets when they start to finally come in.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36567 on: August 15, 2014, 10:21:34 am »

You should try and rebuild your civilization. Which is plausible now. Keep the fortress going for a while then maybe make a couple more and then gear up an adventurer to go and perform a glorious crusade against the elves or goblins or whoever else's fault it is.
think i will do that, i think it was the goblins seeing as they are the only ones that are doing any good in this messed up world i made. i f i have any success i will write a journal about it and post it.

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36568 on: August 15, 2014, 10:51:29 am »

The talk about childcare earlier reminds me that I need to do something about the kids in The Joyful Lands. They are just slowing everything down when 1 leather worker has 4 kids following her that block her pathing. I'll probably dig a big pool meeting area with 3/7 water and a mist generator and some beds/tables off to the side.

I have tons of mechanisms, cloth, and power. But food has been low, so that will delay construction a bit (and the ever-present need to dispose zombies is a thing too). For booze, F' it, they can drink from the water they swim in until they reach the legal drinking age of 12.

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36569 on: August 15, 2014, 12:27:32 pm »

My champion with an artifact adamantine helmet got killed by a towering crab forgotten beast with his own masterwork bronze shield..... The forgotten beast grabbed it after cutting off his arm with its pincer, then bashed him in the head with the shield and it exploded in gore.... ZE ARTIFACT DID NOTHING!!!
Pages: 1 ... 2436 2437 [2438] 2439 2440 ... 3839