Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1014 1015 [1016] 1017 1018 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6128855 times)

Darth_Karl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #15225 on: August 07, 2011, 07:49:01 pm »

Just had an ambush come through. Had a small seige before, but as soon as the leader of that one dodged off my bridge into the pit they ran off. This was larger than the seige and they stuck around a good bit more. Got rid of 5 of them, but the crossbows shot down one of my guys. Might also have a couple of injured animals but i saved and shut down before checking. Year 4, possibbly 5 and my first real goblin Christmas. Now if only my military where upto speed:(.

Ragingpantsless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15226 on: August 07, 2011, 08:04:52 pm »

Fort has magnetite, flux stones, native platinum, stupid amounts of obsidian, and a volcano. The only way this could be better would be if I could pump the lava directly into the elven capital(nearly happened. Spawned a world with a volcano right on the hippies capital). I'm wondering how fast I can hit population max. Also bets are on to see how this one dies. Mine's on an accidental mining oversight, letting in the siege.
"And if you look down in the boiler chamber, you'll see that our hot spring is powered by an ancient, unholy, cramped and extremely pissed forgotten beast."

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15227 on: August 07, 2011, 08:05:46 pm »

Mine's on volcano draining into fortress.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15228 on: August 07, 2011, 08:21:36 pm »

Quick question: Are Moose Men hostile?

I'm trying to dig my adventure cave survival staircases, and I found a pack of Moose-people. Are they hostile? If they are, DAMMIT.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15229 on: August 07, 2011, 08:24:02 pm »

Construction on my new above-ground fort (read: big stone and wood blob on a beach) is going well, marksdwarf nest getting built, and a secretive mood got me a casket.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ragingpantsless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15230 on: August 07, 2011, 08:50:18 pm »

Considering where the volcano is(higher elevation than everything else), that is a very distinct possibility.

Because I embarked with an alligator(having turned off exotic pets) and a nest box, some dwarf is going to become a legendary cook fast.
"And if you look down in the boiler chamber, you'll see that our hot spring is powered by an ancient, unholy, cramped and extremely pissed forgotten beast."

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15231 on: August 07, 2011, 09:56:00 pm »

Averting a tantrum spiral because my Captain of the Guard is beating everyone and my last Mayor went melancholy. My new Mayor keeps throwing tantrums, but at least the rest of the fort calmed down. It's funny how this all started since the first Expedition Leader/Mayor died in a mining accident and my Chief Doc was killed...My fort can't seem to hold on to its nobles :D
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15232 on: August 07, 2011, 10:40:15 pm »

Considering where the volcano is(higher elevation than everything else), that is a very distinct possibility.

Because I embarked with an alligator(having turned off exotic pets) and a nest box, some dwarf is going to become a legendary cook fast.

This is what I usually do with my nakkadiles. four stacks of 20-60 eggs each make for a lot of food and let me turn all my plants into booze.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #15233 on: August 07, 2011, 10:52:14 pm »

Just founded Spikestreaty after a long hiatus from DF- a Terrifying Temperate Freshwater Marsh with an aquifer, flux, clay, and shallow metal (singular.) My intention is to make this a Spartan fort- all military, no walls, no traps, basically an above-ground fort except I can mine for stuff. And by "mine" I mean "dig a pit of endless falling and dying to throw my foes in, and hey whatever I find while digging is bonus."

Strike the earth!

Mr. Argent

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:TRAITOROUS_NATURE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15234 on: August 07, 2011, 11:39:03 pm »

One former hunter who was severely injured in a fight with a cougar (Looking like ground beef missing a hand afterwards) that somehow managed to recover without needing to go to the fortress hospital is just sitting there and spamming messages:

(Paraphrased)
URIST McINJURED CANCELS STORE PERSONAL ITEM: TOO INJURED

over and over. I don't really want to kill her (She survived being mauled within a inch of her life and didn't even need medical attention, how the hell am i supposed to off someone like that?), but she won't shut up... Besides, i couldn't bring myself to murder a dorf that isn't mandating Cotton Candy earmuffs or anything anyway.
Urist McVenom Cancels strange mood: Being exiled.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15235 on: August 07, 2011, 11:40:57 pm »

Disable hunting and she'll drop her crossbow, freeing up her good hand.

Mr. Argent

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:TRAITOROUS_NATURE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15236 on: August 07, 2011, 11:47:18 pm »

i'm pretty sure i did that a long time ago, though. Huh. Next time i fire up DF i'll have to check what labors she has enabled.

EDIT: Yeah, 'Spammy' Oslansakrith has no labors enabled, and doesn't really seem to be holding much to put down...unless she's trying to put down her clothes or something.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 11:51:29 pm by Mr. Argent »
Urist McVenom Cancels strange mood: Being exiled.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15237 on: August 08, 2011, 12:24:12 am »

LOGISTICS OFFICE - TOWER OF SORCERY -

OPERATION "GO TO HELL" IS NOW IN EFFECT

ALL MINERS ARE TO REPORT TO THE LOWER LEVELS FOR ADAMANTINE EXCAVATION AND PIT CREATION FROM THE SURFACE LEVEL TO THE HOLLOW CORE.

ALL METALSMITHS AND STRAND EXTRACTORS ARE TO WORK ON ADAMANTINE PRODUCTION FOR THE BRAVE SOLDIERS OF THE ATHELUROSH.

MECHANICS ARE TO CONSTRUCT SPIKE FIELDS.

THE HORDES OF THE UNDERWORLD WILL HAVE NO CHANCE AGAINST THE BRAVE SONS OF THE TOWER OF SORCERY, NOBLES OF THE ATHELUROSH.

WE MUST BE DROPPING OUR PRISONERS INTO THE CIRCUS BY YEARS END.

END OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION

Aiyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15238 on: August 08, 2011, 12:44:21 am »

Haha, at above. Good luck... you won't survive it. I had a 10 man squad decked out in adamantite... they fell in under a minute to a pair of demons.
Sarchasm, Noun (Sar-Kaz-Im)
Definition: The gulf between your smartass comment, and the poor bastard that just doesn't get it.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15239 on: August 08, 2011, 01:22:23 am »

I beat hell only once, with two squads of legendary melee decked in steel and addy, and a squad of marksdwarves covering from above--I built a bridge in front of a tube that reached into the cavern.  We won, but I lost a lot of civilians because the demons flew up into some hatches I forgot about, tore apart the marksdwarves and began killing random dwarves while the military was still holding the cavern.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?
Pages: 1 ... 1014 1015 [1016] 1017 1018 ... 3842