Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: You are a Vampire  (Read 8460 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Vampire
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2015, 04:54:02 pm »

DONT BE A FOOL. WE CANT HANDLE THE HEAT RIGHT NOW!

ANIMALS! NOT PEPOLE!

We have none of the outdoorsman type skills to track animals, and if we don't find anything by morning, we will go insane and murder random folks.

Furthermore, I think we are less likely to be caught murdering somebody in the middle of the open road between towns than murdering somebodies pet or livestock right near their house.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2015, 05:30:35 pm »

"Nym....I need to tell you something."
Then explain our predicament. Tell her that if we don't feed soon, we are going to lose control. Ask her to go hunting with us. Hunt for a wolf or something.

+1

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2015, 05:34:48 pm »

Then explain our predicament. Tell her that if we don't feed soon, we are going to lose control. Ask her to go hunting with us. Hunt for a wolf or something.

+1

How the fuck is a wolf easier than a old man?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2015, 05:47:12 pm »

its an example, and killing a wolf wont get us lynched.

coyote, rabbits, whatever. plus, our pals can help us hunt, I doubt they would let us commit murder, much less help us.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2015, 05:50:53 pm »

its an example, and killing a wolf wont get us lynched.

coyote, rabbits, whatever. plus, our pals can help us hunt, I doubt they would let us commit murder, much less help us.

Our palls are wandering minstrels, not hunters. Even if they agree to help, there is a non-zero chance they fail, and we end up murdering them once we get too thirsty. We have to risk the old man here. Odds are we don't get caught. We can come up with a system to safely handle our thirst when it isn't threatening to drive us insane.

Question: How much longer is our group planning to be in town?

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2015, 05:52:49 pm »

your assuming they don't know who to hunt. but im getting the fealing that in the setting we are in, most people know how to hunt.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2015, 05:56:33 pm »

Recall, however, that Omo is an elf; she more likely than not would not approve of hunting.

Take the old man now. While he's asleep if you must. It's not like you're the only vampire/night creature in the world, and you're not known for having committed murder before, right?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2015, 05:58:11 pm »

elves have to eat something, she might not be happy about it but she would be more unhappy about murder.

and she might not be from an elven city. she could have been born and raised in a human town with human values.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2015, 06:01:24 pm »

Also more than being lynched can we, just this once, not be a dick?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2015, 06:03:22 pm »

You're going on a lot of 'ifs' there, blaze. We have concrete chance of wasting that old man, who lives in a town nearly a day's walk from here. Meanwhile, we have to assume at least one of our pals need to hunt, we'd have to do it at NIGHT, and if we don't find anything our friends are the closest victims if we go insane.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2015, 06:04:54 pm »

elves have to eat something, she might not be happy about it but she would be more unhappy about murder.

and she might not be from an elven city. she could have been born and raised in a human town with human values.

We must consider what we already know of her first, then.

Also, elves eat vegetables/fruit. Plants' ungerminated offspring are on the menu along with peoples' faces, even though animal eggs are not. Go figure. :P

The old man may be missed, but others may not know where to look.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2015, 06:19:09 pm »

elves also eat dwarves and occasionally each other.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2015, 06:25:18 pm »

Also more than being lynched can we, just this once, not be a dick?

Why the hell not? Otherwise we'd just be a Kobold Cullens and sparkle in the sunlight.
Dying of laughter?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2015, 06:31:15 pm »

Question: How much longer is our group planning to be in town?

Two, three days tops.  The fair will move on, and the goodwill of punters/willingness to pay money for music will only last so long as well.  Khala makes her living going town to town.  Only established minstrels can settle down in a court, and then only with the favour and patronage of a lord.

Edit:  Elves mostly live on a diet of fruit and nuts, but will occasionally eat meat when no fruit and grains present themselves.  Additionally they eat the corpses of those they have slain personally, but that's more of a religious thing.  Kobolds are obligate carnivores, although you aren't even sure if you can eat meat any more.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 06:33:32 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2015, 06:36:43 pm »

Then explain our predicament.

+1

All the panic and angst we're having is silly. We have money. We have friends. We know a butcher. If we want fresh blood all we have to do is go buy it.

Why are we talking about killing people losing our only allies when we can simply go buy a chicken or something?

be a less broody version of Angel

+1
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9