Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: You are a Vampire  (Read 8458 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Vampire
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2015, 08:29:34 pm »

Hit up the fair. We can earn money

+1

drunks, small pets, and other easy victims we can go after later.

Finding victims is not the problem. Killing them is not a problem. It's what happen after the townsfolk find dead bodies with their necks ripped open drained of blood. Yes, we can easily subdue a drunk in an alley. A lynch mob, not so much. And going after pets doesn't make it all that much better. Yes, it's more plausible that somebody would write off a missing or mutilated pet as having been eaten by a wolf or something. But how long until word gets around? How long until somebody notices the kobold, who probably sticks out like a sore thumb already, strangely seems to be in the area when pets and people disappear?

We have friends. Friends who apparently care about us, accept that we're a kobold, and accept that we're a drunkard who wakes up in alleys. And yet they're still our friends. If they find out that we decided it was better to become a murderer than to trust them with our problem...we're going to lose them.

And it would be absolutely ridiculous to lose them over this when there doesn't even need to be a problem here. We've already confirmed that we can buy blood. Nothing is stopping us from continuing to do that, and if we're paying for it, our supplier becomes an ally because they're regularly benefiting from giving it to us...in a way that is completely legal and not scary.

Go to the fair, make some money, then find a quiet safe place to confide in our friends what happened

They're going to find out sooner or later anyway, and it will be much better if they find out because we told them than if they walk in on us with our teeth in someone's neck or if they find out that there's a lynch mob after us.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2015, 08:30:51 pm »

Hit up the fair. We can earn money

+1

drunks, small pets, and other easy victims we can go after later.

Finding victims is not the problem. Killing them is not a problem. It's what happen after the townsfolk find dead bodies with their necks ripped open drained of blood. Yes, we can easily subdue a drunk in an alley. A lynch mob, not so much. And going after pets doesn't make it all that much better. Yes, it's more plausible that somebody would write off a missing or mutilated pet as having been eaten by a wolf or something. But how long until word gets around? How long until somebody notices the kobold, who probably sticks out like a sore thumb already, strangely seems to be in the area when pets and people disappear?
That's what I've been saying!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2015, 08:32:50 pm »

What LordBucket said.

What if we make black pudding on the side and sell it? Half of the blood we buy into making it, other half for drinking. We'll have legitimate proof of what we're using the blood for.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2015, 08:59:22 pm »

What LordBucket said.

What if we make black pudding on the side and sell it? Half of the blood we buy into making it, other half for drinking. We'll have legitimate proof of what we're using the blood for.
I think this would be a good plan, if we plan on sticking around and we actually know how to make black pudding.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2015, 03:57:22 am »

Considering we just walked in and straight-up asked for fresh blood, this butcher would probably be able to put two and two together once the presence of a vampire is known and realise that it's us.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2015, 07:27:35 am »

Oh well I still say murder and drink people's blood because
1. It would make things fun
2. This game needs to progress and we can't do that by indefinitely eating black pudding
3. I don't have a third one I just like 3 reasons

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2015, 02:24:55 pm »

Why don't we just kill some drunks, suck their blood and then burn the corpses? We're a travelling bard, By the time they realize that something's happened, We'll be long gone.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2015, 02:26:24 pm »

Why don't we just kill some drunks, suck their blood and then burn the corpses? We're a travelling bard, By the time they realize that something's happened, We'll be long gone.

Pretty much this. Survive on butchers blood most of the time, make a kill or two right before we skip town, rinse and repeat.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2015, 02:27:36 pm »

Maybe we'll gain Vampire Powers as we get older.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2015, 03:05:02 pm »

Why can't we just be a less broody version of Angel?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2015, 04:08:43 pm »

You drain the last of the blood and head out to the fair.  It doesn't take long to locate your companions in the market square and join them, providing another soprano and a harp to their soprano-alto and violin-drums combination.

"This is the point where I tell you about how I couldn't focus throughout the whole performance because of my raging bloodlust, but you know what?  Fuck you, and fuck the Terror of Law.  We are a gods-damned transcendent musical trio and for the next four hours I didn't feel a damn thing because I was too damned busy playing gods-damned brilliant music."

You really do.  You make it through the entire Epic of Datost the Night-Drinker, the saga of the night troll Datost and his various escapades, as well as the dwarven hero Cog and his many struggles against Datost before successfully ending his reign of terror.  You also get showered with copper, taking 7 silvers as your cut.  Not a bad take, not a bad take at all.  You share some well-earnt congratulations with your fellow musicians as you pack your instruments away.

Unfortunately, once the music passes the feeling of god-like elation passes as well and is swiftly replaced by all-consuming thirst.  You need to feed, and you need to feed tonight if you don't want to just flip out and murder the closest person come dawn.  As you are packing away your instrument you study the crowds packing away their wares or heading back to their homes.  You spot the perfect victim, an elderly human tinker laden down with pots and pans wandering off south down the road to the next town.  It will take him easily all night to get there, giving you plenty of opportunity to -

A hand claps you on the shoulder.  You look up to see Nym's violet eyes.

"Pub?"

Spoiler: Khala (click to show/hide)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2015, 04:10:17 pm »

Or when we drink blood

Also say you go off to the pub I'll catch up later cuz I'm pretty sure that I saw some one I know back there and I just want to check. Then go off avoid them and eventually murder tinker then go to pub, hopefully the tinker has clothes we can use in his bags.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 04:14:07 pm by Generally me »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2015, 04:13:28 pm »

"Nym....I need to tell you something."
Then explain our predicament. Tell her that if we don't feed soon, we are going to lose control. Ask her to go hunting with us. Hunt for a wolf or something.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2015, 04:35:15 pm »

"Nym....I need to tell you something."
Then explain our predicament. Tell her that if we don't feed soon, we are going to lose control. Ask her to go hunting with us. Hunt for a wolf or something.

Or when we drink blood

Also say you go off to the pub I'll catch up later cuz I'm pretty sure that I saw some one I know back there and I just want to check. Then go off avoid them and eventually murder tinker then go to pub, hopefully the tinker has clothes we can use in his bags.

+1. Get ahead of the Tinker and take of your clothes first, so you don't get them all bloody. Then jump him, take his money, hide his other valuables for later (it would be a bit suspicious if we were carrying Tinkering Gear shortly after a tinker vanished), find a body of water to wash up in, put clothes back on, and go to the pub.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2015, 04:39:56 pm »

DONT BE A FOOL. WE CANT HANDLE THE HEAT RIGHT NOW!

ANIMALS! NOT PEPOLE!
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9