Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: You are a Vampire  (Read 8441 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Vampire
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2015, 07:04:31 pm »

So only specific holiness bothers us. Good to know. Let's raid the coop and move on to a village. Better to start small. See if you can maintain heart sense while remaining active.

+1. We can lose the elf for a few minutes, raid the coop, and nom the chickens before she gets back.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Vampire
« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2015, 10:20:33 pm »

We do need to drink. Go to where the chickens are. But don't steal a chicken. Just buy one. Drink our fill and put the leftover bloodin a wineskin or jug for later. Then either give the chicken to the girls for breakfast, or sell it to the tavernkeeper or somebody. This is a town. There's a market. People are buying and selling chickens. This shouldn't be a huge problem.

Related idea: long term, it should be possible to get into the chicken business. Raise chickens, buy chickens, whatever...then slaughter and prepare them and sell the meat for a profit. People do that. The blood that we want is a waste product. If we get into that business, we should be able to make money giving people what they want and benefit from the blood in the process. In fact, I think that's an excellent medium-range goal for us to consider, but it would mean settling down and giving up the town-hopping we're doing right now, so I'd like some discussion and consensus on it before I bold it as a suggestion.

I think it's time for some long term plans. We have friends, we seem to have the bloodlust thing more or less manageable, and it looks like we have some powers after all. More to the point, it looks like we can developthem. We gained xp, and from the description is kind of sounds like our practicing took some time to generate results. If we continue to practice more, we may be able to improve our ability times and even gain new abilities.

So clearly, regular practice is in our future. Whenever we have downtime, practice our abilities

But, what of the future? Let's say we get a routine going where we collect money from barding, we buy livestock to keep us alive and survival is gnerally not a problem. Then what? What are our long term goals?

Ideas:

1) We can generally bide our time, grow our power, and then once we feel we're strong enough,turn evil and go conquer a town and rule with an ironfist of terror until we're deposed.

2) We can grow our power, money and reputation, use our vampire powers to gain worldly money, influence and power, built a fortress somewhere, attract immigrants and work our way into the nobility, become a land baron, etc.

3) We can behave honorably and break no laws until such a time as Ulash, thegod of law and forgiveness forgives us, then stop being a vampire and form a harem with our two bardic babes.

My vote is for #2. Stay on the side of good, but use our powers to become rich and powerful.

Another side issue we might want to keep in mind, there are probably other vampires in the world. Should one of them see us,it's possible they might recognize us even if we don't recognize them. Similarly, there may be vampire hunters in the world who will also recognize us. Let's remain vigilant, and not get swept up into any politics that don't interest us.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]