Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: You are a Vampire  (Read 8440 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Vampire
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2015, 06:03:44 am »

Incidentally, if anyone wants to suggest specific songs (in-universe, please) or stories to sing/play when musical interludes happen, that's all cool.
The Necromancer and the Pencil of Doom

After this,go to a quite place and tell them.
-1. Let's be a vampire for a little while until we can prove to them that we've got our thing under control.

Maybe we can breed hamsters or - Armok spare us - cats?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2015, 06:31:07 am »

Hey, since music took our mind off of our blood lust during our performance, maybe we can try doing that?
This seems more likely to cause us to create a new genre of Blood Music than anything else.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2015, 10:03:58 am »

+1

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2015, 02:42:34 pm »

+1

-1, Instead we should kill them in their sleep and steal their valuables/blood. There's a pretty good chance they'd kill us, and we're a Kobold, We wouldn't be able to take them in a fight and we'll need their money.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2015, 02:57:23 pm »

Why is everyone so intent on the random murder of innocents!?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2015, 03:25:05 pm »

-1 to murdering our literal only friends.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2015, 08:33:18 pm »

+1 to not murdering our friends.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2015, 10:12:45 pm »

Don't murder your friends, you miniscule idiot. Ask for their help.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2015, 10:51:12 pm »

+1 to not murdering our friends.
I agree. It seems to me that murder is a bad idea, especially when, y'know, we're a kobold.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2015, 11:14:27 am »

You join in with Omo, adding your harp to her violin, and it isn't long before you've launched off on a song.  Tonight's tale is Ustost Bleachedeyes and the Pen of Destiny, in which the titular necromancer stole the titular pen from Unnos, the dwarven god of revelry.  Unnos was also the hunting god, so devilish hounds pursued Ustost, and he escaped them time and time again by drawing things with the pen that came to life, only to upset the necromancer in various ways.  The version you sing is a more comical telling of the tale, in whih Ustost is depicted as a bumbling fat dwarf after whores, ale and pies whose moronic plans keep coming back to bite him in the arse.

As opposed to the horror that laid low the town of Meadplenty and all its surrounding hamlets eight generations ago, using inky dragons drawn by the pen.  This was a song about Bleachedeyes' early years.

Supper and ale is provided by the patrons (you leave the supper and drink the ale), and later that night you manage to catch Nym on her own in your room while Omo is busy eating.  You sit down on your bed and sit her down on the bed opposite.

"Nym, I'm in trouble."

"Oh no, you didn't borrow money again, did you?"

"No, worse than that.  By a pretty long way.  Listen, don't panic, okay?  This is a little... weird."

"Oh gods, you picked up a venereal disease, didn't you?"

"No.  I'm a vampire."

Nym stares at you for a few moments before breaking into laughter.  You hold her gaze until her laughter falters and the grin drops from her face.  You see her move her hand towards the knife on her belt.

"I'm not going to kill you, Nym."

"Well I can't help but notice you manoeuvred me into this private location.  That said, if you move a muscle I'm screaming."

"At least you believe me, there's that.  I don't want to drink your blood.  I mean, I do want to drink blood, but not yours.  Or anyone's!"

"Have you... drunk any blood today?"

"Yes."

Nym inhales.

"A chicken!  I bought a chicken and ate it!  Drank it.  Please don't scream."

Nym exhales.

"Hold on, I saw you in the daytime today.  When did this happen, in the last hour or so?"

"Last night.  Also, the sunlight thing looks like a myth.  Um.  You know that bender we went on last night?"

"Yeah?"

"I kind of got so plastered I desecrated the Terror of Law's shrine.  By pissing on it."

Nym stares at you.  "And you're sure this isn't a joke."

"Pretty sure."

"And you're not just going to leap on me with super-speed and drink my blood at any moment."

"No, like I said, I've drank.  When I'm thirsty I find myself wanting to, but after drinking it's fine.  Also, no super speed.  As far as I can tell it's just occasionally maddening blood thirst."

"Right."

"Anyway, the reason I'm telling you this is that I need your help.  Not to kill people!  Just to... figure out a way to get by.  Even if it just means helping me buy chickens.  Speaking of which, this one prick charged me seven shillings for -"

"Not important, Khala."

"Right, sorry."

Nym closes her eyes and rubs her fingers against her temple.  You wait for about a minute before she speaks again.

"Well we can't tell Omo."

"Why not?"

"For one thing, she had friends in Meadplenty."

"That was a necromancer!"

"She's not going to draw the distinction, Khala.  Seriously, how has this never come up between you two?"

You frown.  You think you remember her mentioning it once?  Maybe a few times?  You're pretty sure you were drunk at the time.

"And in any case, elves aren't exactly friendly with the undead anyway.  If you are undead?  I have no idea.  Is there a special way to kill you?  Not that I'm planning anything."

"Pretty sure I die the same way as anyone else.  Excessive stabbing.  I guess I can maybe starve to death if I don't drink any blood?  Haven't tested it."

"Well, fine.  We'll... we'll work something out.  I don't suppose you could just drink blood from the butcher's?"

"First thing I tried.  It doesn't really fill me up.  Like drinking water to fill an empty stomach when you've got no food to eat.  I think it needs to be fresh.  Ideally right out of the vein fresh."

"Artery," says Nym absentmindedly, head in her hands.

"Hm?"

"If it's spurting out into your mouth instead of slowly gushing, it's an artery, not a vein."

"Thanks."

"Don't mention it.  Okay, so, chickens.  I guess we can work with that.  Get a night's sleep, we'll set out in the morning.  I reckon there's a good couple of days of fair left to play, but I'd rather not have you around lots of people, just in case.  Sorry."

"Hell, no, I feel the same way.  Um, I might need you to go buy me another chicken in the morning, though.  The farmer I bought it off charged me pretty much my whole cut for one."

"Seven shillings?  Seriously?"

"Yeah."

"Well fuck it, we'll slip into his coop before dawn and steal some instead.  No son-of-a-bitch screwing over one of my girls."

"Hah.  Thanks, Nym."

"Don't mention it.  Get some sleep, aye?  We'll deal with this in the morning."  Nym kicks off her boots and settles down in her bed, pulling the covers over herself.  You reach to pinch out the candle.

"Nym?  It's still me, you know."

"...I know.  Goodnight, Khala."

The candle goes out.  You try and settle into bed, and a good hour passes of tossing and turning before Omo slips in and falls into a heavy snore on her own cot.  You try pulling the covers over your head.  No luck.  You weren't tired before, and you aren't now.  You haven't been tired since you drank from that chicken, actually.  You sit up, resigned to not getting (or needing) any sleep.

Do you want to do anything during the night, or wait for the morning?  Got any plans for then?

Spoiler: Khala (click to show/hide)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2015, 11:26:49 am »

Sleep, with any luck it's like being hungry.

Sleep and the hunger bar fills in slower. IE. Less need for us to feed.

This should insure that we are still only thirsty in the morning, rather than very thirsty.

Also, when we wake up, disscuss hunting. We Might need something bigger than a chicken.

Wolf or boar maybe? Something with enough blood to sate us.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2015, 11:31:44 am »

How sneaky are we? Also we can't sleep. That's the point.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 11:33:30 am by The Froggy Ninja »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2015, 11:33:41 am »

Yay for friends!

Excellent. We now have a partner. Unfortunate about Omo, but if she ever finds out we can truthfully say we wanted to tell her but Nymsaid not to. I do find it interesting that she was able to go to sleep so easily knowing there ws a vampire next toher.

Please let's not betray that trust, now or in the future. Good allies are hard to find.

As to what to do,since it appears that we don't need sleep (yay, a power!) I propose that we spend the night recalling every legend and story, come on we're bard we SHOULD know this stuff...about vampires. Experiment with things that come to mind that we might be able to do that are reasonably quiet and won't wake up the girls. Can we read minds? Can we turn into a bat? Can we telepathically communicate with night creatures? Stuff like that.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2015, 11:34:56 am »

Yay for friends!

Excellent. We now have a partner. Unfortunate about Omo, but if she ever finds out we can truthfully say we wanted to tell her but Nymsaid not to. I do find it interesting that she was able to go to sleep so easily knowing there ws a vampire next toher.

Please let's not betray that trust, now or in the future. Good allies are hard to find.

As to what to do,since it appears that we don't need sleep (yay, a power!) I propose that we spend the night recalling every legend and story, come on we're bard we SHOULD know this stuff...about vampires. Experiment with things that come to mind that we might be able to do that are reasonably quiet and won't wake up the girls. Can we read minds? Can we turn into a bat? Can we telepathically communicate with night creatures? Stuff like that.

+1

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2015, 11:40:45 am »

Note that the legends are a mixture of our world vampire legends and DF vampires, so for best effects actually give me a list of experiments you want to try out.  Actually that just goes for if you want me to experiment with stuff full stop.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9