Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

MORE MEDICAL SHENANIGANS?!

NO WE MUST RIDE LIKE A VALKYRIE AND LIFT THE SOUL OF THE GAME UNTO THE HEAVENS AND SCREAM, "THIS IS MINE, THIS IS HOW IT IS, MY PERFECTION IS ABSOLUTE, ALL WILL TREMBLE UPON THE THRONE OF LIES THAT HAS BEEN CONSTRUCTED FOR MY AMUSEMENT!"
- 2 (11.8%)
YES WE NEED MORE STUPID SHIT TO CLOG UP THE FORUMS!
- 15 (88.2%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: (ISG) Cavern Quest  (Read 26615 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) Cavern Quest
« Reply #150 on: June 14, 2015, 12:02:57 am »

Wait, did we learn Turn Undead or Rebuke Undead? There's a difference.

Rebuke. They will cower in awe.
Good, then we can use this in the inevitable zombie rap battles.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 14, 2015, 01:31:12 am »

Watch into eyes of the patient and wonder what happened to the adventure? Why are you here healing others, instead of being healed because you got wounded in some daring raid into dungeon of evil overlord? Think about your life, think what you have done, think what you could have done if you had chosen different path.

And then, realize that What you have done is incredible, Healing others, saving lives, you might go on adventures in the future, but after having a taste of this foreign drug, this elixir known only as being a miracle, the only thing that could drive you to do so now is to further that goal, to rescue people from the Pains of illness, and the Hot grip of Disease. It is certainly exciting work to say the least, in it's own special way...

Share this sentiment with Surly, as soon as the adrenaline wears off a bit more.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2015, 01:39:31 am »

Get high on the elixir of being a miracle

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 14, 2015, 01:47:55 am »

Get high on the elixir of being a miracle

+1
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
  • Surviving the cyberpocalypse of 2004, the future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 15, 2015, 06:00:06 pm »

"Oh hey, you're awake! Were you aware that you are being targeted by a largely incompetent group of ninja skeletal assassins? My name's Kirae!"

Talk to the patient! Find out why skeletons want to kill her.

Kirae, "Oh hey, you're awake! Were you aware that you are being targeted by a la-"

Kirae, "Gaaaaaa-a-a-a-a-a-ah!"

Surly, "You see this bitch hips? This is my assistant, my pride and joy here. I just came back from almost having this here get shot to death by a pack of very oddly incompetent skeletal assassins and am not very happy that mine almost got slapped to death with bullets. Now, you'd better tell me just what is going on before I smack you over the head with my assistant here."

Patient, "Assassins? I... right... it seems you've saved my life twice today, so I'd better tell you the whole story. Err... can you stop shaking your friend there?"

"Those assassins were likely sent by none other than the one that's been hunting me all this time... maybe it was good luck that I called in that emergency number after all. The one that sent them here... I'm sure it was Vorn... I... um... Vorn is one of the leading members of the Tel Tirgress Council... very likely to be one of the most influential in all of Tel Tirgress. He's a monster... and all he cares about is making sure he remains in power, regardless of what happens to those below him. I guess... for this to make sense I'll have to go back, far back, to the very beginning..."

"Tel Tirgress has always been the bastion of keeping the culture and the lifestyle of the ancient elves alive, no matter the cost. The elves were extraordinary and did things with technology that we can only dream of now, cities so grand and majestic that they would fly through the sky, pumps that would filter millions of gallons of ocean water a day, catacombs so deep that they would pierce into the very heart of the planet itself."

"Most of what we know about the Elves came from the Syrgazin, their servitors. Creatures that handled the menial labor, entertained the populace, and kept the cities of the world running. At the beginning of our time, it was Vorn and the others that helped create Tel Tirgress and lift it from the ashes of the ruins. Most of the constructs left behind their old masters that had long died and began to create societies of their own. Vorn was... different... he couldn't accept that the elves were gone, were changed."

"Not even the constructs knew what exactly happened... It was as if years of their society was burned from history. The things that replaced the elves, they called them Echoes. Creatures that were neither alive nor dead but... void. Facsimiles of life that continue to plague every corner of Tiirn with their brutish aggressiveness. It was through these creatures that we began the great project."

"Under Vorn, we wouldn't just keep the tradition alive, but we would bring the Elves back from extinction itself."

"But the tests began to become more and more dangerous. Human subjects were introduced and it became a convenient way for Vorn to eliminate any resistance under the guise of progress."

"So I stole all the data on the project and ran when night fell. The last thing I remember is arriving at the dock and getting into a car..."

Craft a backpack

During that really long bout of exposition that she just spout, you craft up a backpack out of the remains of the skeleton mercenary rags. You were raised by dwarves, so crafting complicated things is like second nature at this point. That and hauling.

Hrush, "My name is Hrush by the way. You've already done so much for me... but I need to get to some friends I have in the city. You know... they could probably use a couple of doctors like you, I would pay very highly..."

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 15, 2015, 06:11:59 pm »

> The elves are better extinct. Agree to follow Hrush then kill her when her guard is down so that the secrets of elven resurrection die with her.

This is totally not our dwarven upbringing shining through but sheer cold-blooded rationalism and objectivity.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 15, 2015, 06:25:11 pm »

> The elves are better extinct. Agree to follow Hrush then kill her when her guard is down so that the secrets of elven resurrection die with her.

This is totally not our dwarven upbringing shining through but sheer cold-blooded rationalism and objectivity.
No,  that's called sociopathy, as well as the fact we could just *take* the data chip and destroy it, we barely know anything about how far it has gone.

Ask her how far the research has gone, has there actually been much progress made there?
Alan help.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 15, 2015, 07:00:07 pm »

She knows too much.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 15, 2015, 07:57:54 pm »

She knows too much.
Look at it this way, she's the only one with a link to the masters of the elf ressurection project, which isn't headed by her, Vorn heads the project, while Hrush just stole the accumulated data from the project, it probably set the project back by a lot, but she hasn't stopped the project, we can use her to get to Vorn, kill vorn and destroy the elf ressurection project, then take the data and destroy it, see?

Doing something evil for short term happiness is not the true way of the path of the dwarves, to follow the path of the dwarves is to be patient, seemingly uncoordinated, until you strike, with the full force of all you have done, all you have collected, to follow the path is not to reveal your danger prematurely, and never to strike with a better choice for those who wait.
Alan help.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 15, 2015, 11:59:48 pm »

Eh, I actually want the elves back. I think we could take over the project and use prisoners instead of political rivals in the tests.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 16, 2015, 06:46:18 am »

-1 to killing her.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 16, 2015, 07:03:04 am »

ptw
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 17, 2015, 07:51:54 pm »

By the way, rebuking undead gives you control over them, turning is for fear. Generally, they are both reserved for clerics. Just sayin'.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Mooply

• Bay Watcher
  • Surviving the cyberpocalypse of 2004, the future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 17, 2015, 10:06:44 pm »

My logic was that you'd "verbally" terrify them, thus rebuke was more appropriate than "turn". Probably not kosher with a lot of roleplaying games but I'm not really the most experienced in that sort of thing. I've played plenty of roguelikes where rebuke was used as I'm describing it. It's all semantics really.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 17, 2015, 10:44:35 pm »

I'll take the pun over adherence to Some Other Game Vocabulary anyday
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17