Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28

Author Topic: Eras: A God Game [A Dark, Cold Ending]  (Read 33889 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Eras: A God Game
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2015, 03:45:23 am »

She also create a beast to feed on the Beneficial Eyeshrooms, believing them to be from the same foe. She create the The purple bat. Rage wasn't a good muse as it turned out.

Purple bat(tier 3, animal)(-1token)
These fly capable mammals navigate the darkness by ultrasound. Their sharp claws will dig in to the place that Beneficial Eyeshrooms have taken root and pull them out before taking it back to their nest and eating it. The brutal removal of the eyeshroom tend to leave the former host dazed and confused, but no deaths from the action has been recorded aside from ones with other factors compounded on.
That's an illegal move since you don't have any tier 2 animals.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 03:50:56 am by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2015, 03:47:03 am »

125 Mana

"Playing for...'keeps'!"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2015, 03:54:18 am »

She also create a beast to feed on the Beneficial Eyeshrooms, believing them to be from the same foe. She create the The purple bat. Rage wasn't a good muse as it turned out.

These fly capable mammals navigate the darkness by ultrasound. Their sharp claws will dig in to the place that Beneficial Eyeshrooms have taken root and pull them out before taking it back to their nest and eating it. The brutal removal of the eyeshroom tend to leave the former host dazed and confused, but no deaths from the action has been recorded aside from ones with other factors compounded on.
That's an illegal move since you don't have any tier 2 animals.
*reread* oh.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2015, 04:20:24 am »

Round 1 Overview:

Supreme Radiant: Turn Complete
Mother: 3/3 Actions done, still need to use 2 Bonus Fauna Tokens
Improver: 2/3 Actions done, currently in Competition Bidding with Mother
Jester: 2/3 Actions done
Ketari Bird-Eater: 0/3 Actions done
World Tree: ???

RE: Mechanics Change
Spoiler: Mechanics Change (click to show/hide)
After some contemplation, this pretty much makes it so there's no reason to make any more lands anymore.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 05:11:06 am by Demonic Spoon »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2015, 06:37:42 am »

That is also an issue.  Proposed solutions?  Not sure of one right now, but need to encourage Lands without negating higher tier Fauna creation.

Competition is automatic, yes, you can do it this turn.  Do you want to up the ante, or settle as is?

Also apologies to Pencil for all the screwing about with mechanics I've been doing with her. >_<
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2015, 06:42:41 am »

That is also an issue.  Proposed solutions?  Not sure of one right now, but need to encourage Lands without negating higher tier Fauna creation.

Competition is automatic, yes, you can do it this turn.  Do you want to up the ante, or settle as is?

Also apologies to Pencil for all the screwing about with mechanics I've been doing with her. >_<
My personal suggestion would be to keep the original mechanics, one free Fauna of any legal tier per newly created land, but limit the new fauna to only being able to be placed on the specific created land that spawned it. This way, unless several gods work together, the highest tier you can get with the free fauna is tier 2, and that's if you dedicate your other to actions of the turn to spread pioneers and tier 1 fauna to the tile.

IMO the fauna only being able to be placed on the land that was newly created also makes more sense from a in-character perspective.

EDIT1: Sorry I derped there momentarily. My suggestion is flawed, let me reconsider it a bit. Been having a headache all day which is impacting my ability to consider math.

EDIT2: Actually I think I might have been right the first time. Unsure, up to you.

EDIT3: Ah, sorry, I remember what the biggest problem with the revised mechanics were. They gave up the free action. Action Economy is currently king until we start running out of mana so it is completely suboptimal to build lands when you could be making more fauna, since lands don't give free action fauna. A fix, is the original system, that is to say each created land gives a free fauna token, but make it two, and only free for the action, rather than removing the mana cost, use your credit system, but not as a efficient, say a fifth to possibly half? of the mana cost of the land can be used to help pay for the fauna token.
SUBEDIT: Oh wow, I'm in worse form that I thought. Flaws in this suggestion should now hopefully be fixed.

EDIT4: Oh yeah, remembered another solution I considered. Just use your new credit system, but instead of a 1:1 conversion to credit that can be used on fauna, make it give a profit, say a 10% increase so the ratio is 1:1.1, meaning that say you bought a sky land you get 110 credits to use on fauna. This means you can give up a action to have more mana to spend on fauna.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 08:10:01 am by Demonic Spoon »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2015, 07:21:09 am »

Sorry abut the confusion of me.

[Create Pioneers on the Oaken Glades: - 20 Mana]

Pioneers: Blade Grass:

Blade Grass grows on most types of terrain, being a hardy, resilient plant, useful for seeding plant life. it has incredibly sharp blades, and cuts those that stray to near towards it.

[Spread onto the Roiling Vortex: - 20 Mana]

[Create Tier 1 Populations on the Roiling Vortex and Oaken Glades: - 80 Mana

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2015, 07:30:30 am »

[Create Pioneers on the Oaken Glades: - 20 Mana]
This is fine.
[Spread onto the Roiling Vortex: - 20 Mana]
Spreading the Blade Grass only costs 5 mana.
[Create Tier 1 on the Roiling Vortex and Oaken Glades: - 80 Mana
This is fine. (Fucking headache.) You don't have enough actions or bonus tokens to make tier 1 fauna on both those locations. Dropping one of them, you action should look like the following.

[Create Pioneers on the Oaken Glades: free; -1 Bonus Fauna Token]

Blade Grass grows on most types of terrain, being a hardy, resilient plant, useful for seeding plant life. it has incredibly sharp blades, and cuts those that stray to near towards it.

[Spread Blade Grass onto the Roiling Vortex: - 5 Mana]

[Create Tier 1 Populations on the Oaken Glades: Free; -1 Bonus Fauna Token]
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 07:39:05 am by Demonic Spoon »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2015, 08:06:24 am »

Thanks a lot.

[Create Pioneers on the Oaken Glades: - 1 Bonus Fauna Token]

[Spread onto the Roiling Vortex: - 5 Mana]

[Create Tier 1 Populations on the Oaken Glades: - 1 Bonus Fauna Token

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2015, 08:34:20 am »

Thanks a lot.

[Create Pioneers on the Oaken Glades: - 1 Bonus Fauna Token]

[Spread onto the Roiling Vortex: - 5 Mana]

[Create Tier 1 Populations on the Oaken Glades: - 1 Bonus Fauna Token
I'm super sorry, was checking things over(to try and create an updated cosmology), and I noticed you didn't link the roiling vortex to anything when you created it, so you wouldn't be able to spread pioneers to it. However, I'm relatively certain this was just an oversight on your part, and Iituem would probably be willing to allow you fix it, so that the Roiling Vortex is connected to the Oaken Glade?

@Iituem: In case you missed it, I edited my proposed solutions post several times over. My head is feeling a bit muddled today.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 08:36:07 am by Demonic Spoon »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2015, 08:36:45 am »

Yeah. I though you could only connect Land types to other land types of the same type, and didn't read the individual land type descriptions.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2015, 08:42:04 am »

Only thing I left out is the bidding mana deductions.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2015, 11:32:06 am »

So can I still make territory?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2015, 11:32:43 am »

So can I still make territory?
I believe so yes.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2015, 11:56:46 am »

Create Haze bees(-1 token)(on Oaken Glade)

(Tier 2, animal)
A dog-sized bees of red hue, these insects chew on Archen Runners, using them for both food and nest materiel. Their sting, used in defense of the hive, has a hallucination effect on their attacker. Some unfortunate attackers are so badly effected by the venom they sit in a haze while the bees continue their assault, eventually OD'ing to death.

and now I can..

(on Lightseen Caves)

And that should do me, but I'll wait to see what Cript does before I spend more mana on the Gem Lickers
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28