Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28

Author Topic: Eras: A God Game [A Dark, Cold Ending]  (Read 33831 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eras: A God Game
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2015, 01:32:59 pm »

Spoon: Your actions are all legit, but I've adapted the bestiary entries for your creatures based on your entries.  If you have preferred descriptions, just say and I'll pop them in.

Pencil: I haven't added your Pioneers yet because I wanted to check if you were going to spend your Fauna token on creating them.  Also remember that for you creating a new Tier of Fauna costs 4x the spread cost, not 5x.

Everyone:  If you would like to nominate a name for the world, go ahead.  It is currently unnamed.

Regarding the bonus Fauna for placing a Land - this is a feature, not a bug.  Yes, you can create a chain up to Tier 4 quickly, yes you can get off ten of these on your initial mana.  But you don't need ten Fauna to support five level fours.  You need twenty five, because each Tier 4 must be supported by four other Fauna tokens beneath them.

Also yes, you can create any legal Fauna with the free Fauna from placing a Land, but you must use it before the end of your turn.  You can't just bank them for five turns and spam victory.

Beneath an azure sky, a churning vortex of sea dominates the centre of a world filled with rolling hills and sandstorm-swept plains.  Water from the sea is distributed across the land in the form of raging storms, thick with lightning, and the water nourishes the great oak in the Oaken Glade.

Beneath those plains, lightless caverns riddle the surface of the earth, festooned with brilliant unseen jewels.  Tiny gem-like mites scuttle across the hidden beauties of the caverns, clustering over beautiful geodes and gemstones.  Swarms of these mites can pass over astonishing gems, leaving only dull grey rocks in their wake.  Tiny, inch-long blind four-legged lizards slowly ponder their way across the lightless caverns, licking swathes of iridescent mites from gemstones with their long, sticky tongues.  With their grey skin camouflaged against the rock, they are currently the apex predator.

A second, smaller world orbits the planet, appearing a fiery orange disc in the night sky.  This Infernal Realm is dominated by a single mountain of fire, erupting constantly with inner heat.  Swarms of tiny orange sparks cluster around the edges of the magma flows, feeding off the intense heat released by the volcano.  Six legged crab-like creatures scuttle across the flows with surprising speed, snapping up the little sparks for food, while slower but stronger lizards with scales of steel and bones of stone snap up the crabs as they pass and devour them.  For now, these gleaming creatures rule the infernal slopes.

Another presence descends upon the skies of the world, flesh and feathers forming into being.  A great sky wyrm with iridescent feathers of glass and twenty three eyes now beats its wings across the Azure Sky.

Quote from: Cosmology
- The Sun -
  - The Sun (Sun)

- Unnamed World -

The Glen [Plains]
  - The Rolling Hills  x  The Lightseen Caves [Lightseen Caverns]
  - The Oaken Glade

The Lightseen Caverns [Caverns]
  - The Lightseen Caves  x  The Rolling Hills [The Glen]
    - [P] Gem Mite
    - [1] Gem Lickers

The Rolling Sea [Sea]
  - The Rolling Vortex

The Azure Sky [Sky]
  - The Azure Sky x Rolling Sea, The Glen

- Infernal Realm -

Blazing Peaks [Volcanic]
  - Fire Mountain
    - [P] Sparklings
    - [1] Magma Crabs
    - [2] Dragons

Quote from: Gods
The Jester (Crystal)  [Cript] /
  475 mana
  1 mana/turn

The World Tree (Plant)  [Pencil] //
  400 mana
  (bonus Fauna token x2)

The Improver (Fungi)  [Micelus] /
  450 mana
  (bonus Fauna token)

The Mother (Animal)  [Scrapheap] //
  350 mana
  2 mana/turn
  (bonus Fauna token)

The Supreme Radiant (Fire)  [Spoon] ///
  325 mana
  6 mana/turn

Ketari Bird-Eater (Sky)  [Giglamesh]
  500 mana

Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2015, 01:42:04 pm »

((Can I join in to please))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2015, 01:53:00 pm »

((Can I join in to please))
I already have fire, so if Iituem decided he'd take a seventh player (which I think is unlikely), you'd have to take the undead sphere.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2015, 01:55:35 pm »

((Why can't there be too fire gods? We could be rivals or something))

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2015, 01:59:13 pm »

((Why can't there be too fire gods? We could be rivals or something))
Because those are the rules? I would have liked to take Crystal for example, but it was already taken when I made my character.

@Iituem: The bestiary descriptions are good.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 02:04:17 pm by Demonic Spoon »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2015, 02:00:26 pm »

((I never saw that in the rules))

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2015, 02:01:32 pm »

((I never saw that in the rules))
Spheres of Life

There are 7 Spheres of Life, representing different Kingdoms of life on the planet, some more fantastical than others.  Five may be taken by players on a first come, first serve basis.  Two remain to be purchased if desired later.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2015, 02:16:38 pm »

If there's a second game at some point, you can join that one (or host another version of this, that's cool too).  But yeah, I can't handle more than six players/
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2015, 02:29:14 pm »

Iituem, the Jester's Undead Sphere-buying action should probably come into effect now?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2015, 03:05:28 pm »

The Jester watched as all the others started calling a great world from the void. It felt the urge to join them in creating it's secret wonders, but with the great blaze of the sun washing the land in a light that laid bare to all that was created it felt far too exposed. It retreated far from it's creator, fleeing from the sun into the deep void of space. Where it gathered the abyss of the void around itself to hide it's glorious form from the sight of any who might try to look upon it.

Lay claim to the sphere of undead life. 100 mana

(This counts against your actions for the turn.  One action left.)

Beneath an azure sky, a churning vortex of sea dominates the centre of a world filled with rolling hills and sandstorm-swept plains.  Water from the sea is distributed across the land in the form of raging storms, thick with lightning, and the water nourishes the great oak in the Oaken Glade.

Beneath those plains, lightless caverns riddle the surface of the earth, festooned with brilliant unseen jewels.  Tiny gem-like mites scuttle across the hidden beauties of the caverns, clustering over beautiful geodes and gemstones.  Swarms of these mites can pass over astonishing gems, leaving only dull grey rocks in their wake.  Tiny, inch-long blind four-legged lizards slowly ponder their way across the lightless caverns, licking swathes of iridescent mites from gemstones with their long, sticky tongues.  With their grey skin camouflaged against the rock, they are currently the apex predator.

A second, smaller world orbits the planet, appearing a fiery orange disc in the night sky.  This Infernal Realm is dominated by a single mountain of fire, erupting constantly with inner heat.  Swarms of tiny orange sparks cluster around the edges of the magma flows, feeding off the intense heat released by the volcano.  Six legged crab-like creatures scuttle across the flows with surprising speed, snapping up the little sparks for food, while slower but stronger lizards with scales of steel and bones of stone snap up the crabs as they pass and devour them.  For now, these gleaming creatures rule the infernal slopes.

- The Sun -
  - The Sun (Sun)

- Unnamed World -

The Glen [Plains]
  - The Oaken Glade

- [P] Gem Mite
    - [1] Gem Lickers

The Rolling Sea [Sea]
  - The Rolling Vortex

The Azure Sky [Sky]

- Infernal Realm -

Blazing Peaks [Volcanic]
  - Fire Mountain
    - [P] Sparklings
    - [1] Magma Crabs
    - [2] Dragons

The Jester (Crystal, Undead)  [Cript] //
  375 mana
  1 mana/turn

400 mana
  (bonus Fauna token x2)

The Improver (Fungi)  [Micelus] /
  450 mana
  (bonus Fauna token)

350 mana
  2 mana/turn
  (bonus Fauna token)

325 mana
  6 mana/turn

500 mana

[/quote]

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2015, 08:00:20 pm »

"Fine then, I'll create the sky."

[Create Sky (Called the Deafening Roar): - 100 Mana. Connect to the Oaken Glade.

Create Pioneers on the Oaken Glade and the Roiling Vortex (Cost?)

Create Tier 1 Creatures: - 8 Mana?

Tier 1 Description: Archen Runners
A plant that uses runners to reproduce. It has bright red but highly toxic fruit, which also hold the fruit inside, killing creatures that would dare to intrude on the privacy of their territories. It has a light lime stalk, and grows to about 3 meters on height, morphing into a tree like shape by the end of it's lifespan, which is about 90 years.

In the Oaken Glade and the Roiling Vortex.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 08:27:00 pm by Pencil_Art »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2015, 08:02:51 pm »

"Small creatures inhabiting the caverns...pretty yes, but they could use some improvement."

Nomadic Moulds [Tier 1: 0 Mana] : Sedentary and asexual in its mature form, the spores of the Nomadic Mould only germinate when it lands upon a non-fungal organism. Upon doing so, mycorrhiza sprout into the creature's skin, allowing the mould the ability to colonise areas farther away than its parent. The mould derives nutrients from the creature until it reaches maturity, at which the it detaches itself from the host and plops itself into the ground, beginning the life cycle anew.

Beneficial Eyeshroom[Tier 2: 45 Mana]: The spores of the eyeshroom germinate under two conditions: landing on a gem or landing on an organism. Landing on a gem produces a short-lived fungi that releases more spores before expiring. If it lands on an organism however, the fungi quickly moves through the organism's body and latches onto the eyes (if present. If not, it simply infests and kills the host before releasing spores). It then consumes the eyes. using anesthetic so the host is usually not aware due to the lack of pain and lack of much light in the caverns. The empty eye holes are then grown into, sprouting wide-capped but short-stalked mushrooms that neatly fits into the hole. They glow an iridescent colour and can be used by the host as eyes. In short, the Eyeshroom replaces the host's eyes with eyes capable of vision within the darkness of the caverns at the cost of nutrients being siphoned by the fungi.

Both in the Lightseen Caves
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2015, 09:39:07 pm »

Pencil:  I'm delaying your action because I think there are some mechanics issues confusing everyone.  You placed two Lands already this turn (Glade and Vortex), allowing you to Create two free populations of Fauna of any legal Tier.  This neither counts against your actions not costs any mana.

Taking the Create Fauna action, aside from your free pops, costs 4x the Spread Fauna cost for that Tier (because you're playing Plant).  The Spread Fauna cost is the one listed in the OP.  Spreading Fauna is also an action on its own.

So you can create a pop of Pioneers, a pop of Tier 1s, and then if you don't create a Sky you can use your third action to either Spread them or Create something else entirely.

A Sky has already been placed (the Azure Sky), and by virtue of being a Sky it automatically connects to and from all non-Cavern continents in a given World.  You can absolutely create a second Sky within the Sky continent, but I think maybe you thought there wasn't a sky at all?

Sorry to have to get you to restate your action, want to clear this up and then change the mechanics next turn.

Micelus:  That Tier 2 costs you 75, not 45.  Deducted accordingly.

Please note also that placing the Nomadic Moulds in the Lightseen Caverns will force a Competition bid unless someone either Spreads/Creates a new Pioneer organism there or the Jester Spreads more of his Gem Mites to increase the available biosphere.

Spoiler: Mechanics Change (click to show/hide)

Beneath those plains, lightless caverns riddle the surface of the earth, festooned with brilliant unseen jewels.  Tiny gem-like mites scuttle across the hidden beauties of the caverns, clustering over beautiful geodes and gemstones.  Swarms of these mites can pass over astonishing gems, leaving only dull grey rocks in their wake.  Tiny, inch-long blind four-legged lizards slowly ponder their way across the lightless caverns, licking swathes of iridescent mites from gemstones with their long, sticky tongues.  Broad patches of brownish mould cover the shifting iridescent masses, infecting gem mites as carriers, but limited hosts for transmission have forced them to infect gem lickers to spread.  The lickers in turn have been reacting violently against the chief threat to their food source.  Meanwhile a second type of fungus has begun forming a symbiotic relationship with the uninfected gem lickers, supplanting and replacing their useless eyes to aid adaptation in their lightless world.

- The Sun -
  - The Sun (Sun)

- Unnamed World -

The Glen [Plains]
  - The Oaken Glade

- [P] Gem Mite
    - [1] Gem Lickers, Nomadic Moulds
    - [2] Beneficial Eyeshrooms

The Rolling Sea [Sea]
  - The Rolling Vortex

The Azure Sky [Sky]

- Infernal Realm -

Blazing Peaks [Volcanic]
  - Fire Mountain
    - [P] Sparklings
    - [1] Magma Crabs
    - [2] Dragons

The Jester (Crystal, Undead)  [Cript] //
  375 mana
  1 mana/turn

400 mana
  (bonus Fauna token x2)

The Improver (Fungi)  [Micelus] //
  375 mana
  5 mana/turn

350 mana
  2 mana/turn
  (bonus Fauna token)

325 mana
  6 mana/turn

500 mana

« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:40:48 pm by Iituem »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2015, 09:41:56 pm »

(My math is all over the place :x)

75 Mana to Compete in the Caves(Do I do this now or wait till next turn?)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 03:04:46 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2015, 03:41:00 am »

(My math is all over the place :x)

75 Mana to Compete in the Caves(Do I do this now or wait till next turn?)
100 mana

The mother senses her children in danger and quickly seek to remove the threat. These Nomadic Moulds shall die.

She also create a beast to feed on the Beneficial Eyeshrooms, believing them to be from the same foe. She create the The purple bat. Rage wasn't a good muse as it turned out.

Purple bat(tier 3, animal)(-1token)
These fly capable mammals navigate the darkness by ultrasound. Their sharp claws will dig in to the place that Beneficial Eyeshrooms have taken root and pull them out before taking it back to their nest and eating it. The brutal removal of the eyeshroom tend to leave the former host dazed and confused, but no deaths from the action has been recorded aside from ones with other factors compounded on.

Calming down a little, the mother notices a second planet, Infernal Realm. She vote to call the first planet Nursery, to tell it apart from the other. She then add a deep, seemly bottomless chasm to the Infernal Realm and create a channel from the Fire Mountain to create a lavefall(The Kaos falls. Abyss. Linked to Fire Mountain. -100 mana).

(I'll use my token in a moment.)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 03:54:40 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28