Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 262

Author Topic: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS  (Read 232683 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: If Bay 12 was a fortress Part 3: RETURN OF THE CHAOS
« Reply #375 on: July 06, 2015, 01:40:23 pm »

kay, remove all trails of the pitchblende bullets from your posts and so will i
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 06, 2015, 02:02:56 pm »

{Post rules? No doubleposting, but beyond that I haven't had much need to figure stuff out. As for pitchblende bullets, the character I'm RP'd as is very nearly identical to myself in this scenario, and I know far too much about both how to use uranium and the horrific downsides to doing so to allow its use when not absolutely necessary, and I see no use for absurd armor-piercing rounds yet, especially with no real high-velocity firearms. I see no need to edit all reference to the argument out of existence, keep it here so anyone reading through knows what happened.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 06, 2015, 02:32:36 pm »

{Post rules? No doubleposting, but beyond that I haven't had much need to figure stuff out. As for pitchblende bullets, the character I'm RP'd as is very nearly identical to myself in this scenario, and I know far too much about both how to use uranium and the horrific downsides to doing so to allow its use when not absolutely necessary, and I see no use for absurd armor-piercing rounds yet, especially with no real high-velocity firearms. I see no need to edit all reference to the argument out of existence, keep it here so anyone reading through knows what happened.}
KKden.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 06, 2015, 02:36:06 pm »

{Infodump is life, Infodump is love. Updop incoming.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 06, 2015, 02:55:13 pm »

{Infodump is life, Infodump is love. Updop incoming.}
Woo!
*waits impatiently*
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 04:28:05 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 06, 2015, 04:46:47 pm »

{jksgzxdg. Learning to cook a thing/obtaining groceries for a thing/cleaning the house/learning calculus. TIME. WHO NEEDS TIME.}

Blaze attempts to skulk away from the GCS, rather understandable since he can barely stand at this point and has third-degree burns all over his torso. As it turns out, the thing has Bigger Fish to fry and lets him get away.

Did I say "Bigger Fish"? Sorry, I meant an absurdly powerful war-technomancer from a completely different multiversal region showing up out of nowhere and violently attacking it with an electrified diamond halberd. As it turns out, it wasn't really prepared for a giant crystal shard through the brain, and the trillion or so amps of electricity it came with certainly didn't help. Bits of smoldering spider go everywhere, and said Bigger Fish lands neatly on the ground, looking like a badass. And then some fifty pounds of giblets land on him and bury him in smoldering, foul-smelling, toxic spider-viscera.

With the improvised elevator looking as if it needs no further supervision, one of the workers, to be referred to as Gwolf2ki until he tells us otherwise, attempts to convince one of the miners to dig into the Pitchblende for him. As it turns out, said miner lost a friend to radioactive dust-inhalation induced catastrophic lung cancer, and proceeds to start a fistfight in front of the nearest set of guards, landing both of them in jail.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 06, 2015, 05:12:01 pm »

{jksgzxdg. Learning to cook a thing/obtaining groceries for a thing/cleaning the house/learning calculus. TIME. WHO NEEDS TIME.}

Blaze attempts to skulk away from the GCS, rather understandable since he can barely stand at this point and has third-degree burns all over his torso. As it turns out, the thing has Bigger Fish to fry and lets him get away.

Did I say "Bigger Fish"? Sorry, I meant an absurdly powerful war-technomancer from a completely different multiversal region showing up out of nowhere and violently attacking it with an electrified diamond halberd. As it turns out, it wasn't really prepared for a giant crystal shard through the brain, and the trillion or so amps of electricity it came with certainly didn't help. Bits of smoldering spider go everywhere, and said Bigger Fish lands neatly on the ground, looking like a badass. And then some fifty pounds of giblets land on him and bury him in smoldering, foul-smelling, toxic spider-viscera.

"MMMMPH."
"MMPH MPH MPHMLPH."
*the spider giblets are shoved apart, revealing a, miraculously, only-very-bruised TheBiggerFish*
"That was fun, but...Ow.  Much ow."
"Remind me that I -ow- am not in Minecraft and damage actually -ow- hurts next time I try to do something that -ow- stupid."
I attempt to drink a healing potion.  Imported, of course.
((OOC note:  This is so I'm not completely out of things right at the start.  I don't plan to do that unless it's necessary.))
((Also, war-technomancer.  Like.))
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 12:17:10 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 06, 2015, 05:44:01 pm »

{Certainly. That was why I chose this version of events rather than you being buried in stone rubble and having multiple compound fractures.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 06, 2015, 05:46:26 pm »

{Certainly. That was why I chose this version of events rather than you being buried in stone rubble and having multiple compound fractures.}
((What, that could have happened?))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 06, 2015, 05:52:22 pm »

{That was my initial draft, actually. But then I realized that would be stupid and cruel. Also, I swear to the Blood-God Armok that the Bigger Fish pune was unintentional, I noticed it a minute later and went back to capitalize it.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 06, 2015, 05:54:38 pm »

{That was my initial draft, actually. But then I realized that would be stupid and cruel. Also, I swear to the Blood-God Armok that the Bigger Fish pune was unintentional, I noticed it a minute later and went back to capitalize it.}
((Your subconscious is playing a joke on the universe.  Enjoy.))
Sigtext

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 06, 2015, 06:15:27 pm »

{My subconscious is a joke on the universe. I feel no need to seek out intoxicating substances.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 06, 2015, 07:05:08 pm »

Also, How I Got Here:
>Gameception in Minecraft so I can run DF without threat to the original me.
>Use DF Transportalizer to Spearbreakers.
>Get to Parasol, then hop to a particular different universe.  Upload consciousness, overriding clunky controls and incidentally making MC think I'm dead.
>Respawn on the server with fresh avatar.
>Using bodyjacked avatar:
>Use DF Transportalizer from inside current universe to get to Spearbreakers, and by that fort Parasol, again.
>Stock up on stuff.
>Grab a small portal device.  About one person's worth of portal, that self-transports.
>Visit a DF world that is linked to the same Minecraft server, grab supply drop.  Mostly potions and brewing materials.  I don't know how sustainable that will be, however.
>Use portal to open portal here.
>Pack up portal.  Place in cushioned carry-case.
>You know what happens next.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 08:04:15 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #388 on: July 07, 2015, 05:00:03 am »

I got in jail s***. Where is that bunch of jail keys when you need them?

Anyway, goodthing i had some paper and pen with me.

Stupid miner. The hazard suits are completely safe. I think. Nobody tested them yet.

You know, if the jailkeeper finds out i have all his mug collection in my room, somewhere, he might let me out...
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Pyrefly

• Bay Watcher
  • A large firefly fond of technology and art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 07, 2015, 08:28:23 am »

Well, what just happened. One second she was practically frozen from seeing the huge spider, next second the spider pretty much EXPLODED. She was just staring confused at the one who killed the spider and was buried in it. "... What."
She is tall and lanky. Her eyes are brown. Her wing case is black. Her wings are translucent. Her abdomen glows bright yellow.
Pyrefly likes bluejay feathers, flowers, videogames, computers, hydras for their seven heads, cats for their aloofness, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible, she prefers to consume cow steaks and flavored sparkling water. She absolutely detests wasps.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 262