Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Missing the Birdgirl. Not that one, the other one]  (Read 58619 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Adventurers of the Lost Isle/[1st Cycle~A routine rest]
« Reply #360 on: March 06, 2015, 04:09:47 pm »

One of everything except a hut.

"Middle path, I think."

Medium Path
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 04:18:57 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 06, 2015, 04:15:01 pm »

"As much as I hate wasting even more time, I purpose that we take the middle path. Twice as fast as the easy path, but doesn't sound worse off for all that. The quickest rout has it's temptations, but it relies on us even being able to find the elf in time, and being able to sail accost the lake in this awful weather, which seems unlikely to me, and if we fail to do that it could turn out to be the longest route of all."

Sarco votes for the Medium route
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 04:25:27 pm by Criptfeind »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 06, 2015, 06:19:59 pm »

"I agree. We will have to take extra care in the swamps, though. We don't want to get wet in the cold."

Tadhg votes for the Middle Road.
Love, scriver~

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 07, 2015, 03:05:15 am »

"Yes! Through the Swamps of Doomy!"
Middle path

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 07, 2015, 09:21:43 am »

Winter bodywear, snowshoes.

"I would vote the quickest path. We are a strong group, and missing the target while away would be a shame."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 09, 2015, 09:26:07 am »

The group gears up with warm clothes and such-they are still debating their path when Akira-takes off at a run, before any of the rest of her group can respond.

She begins forging ahead into the snow. In a few moments they'll lose sight of her...

Risey appears out of the swirling snow from down the street, carrying a satchel. She spots Akira dashing away.

"...Doesn't she know it's dangerous to go alone?" Risey comments dryly. She lifts her heavy pouch and hands it to Tadhg. "Here. Take this! A gift from those of us who are thankful-for saving me, and doing more than what was asked of you. It's not much, but we can spare some. Figure she should have stayed around, huh?"

She near about dashes away herself, but pauses a moment and looks as Tadhg once more. "...Oh, and if anyone asks, we're NOT engaged to be married! I don't know who started that rumor..." The herbalist says pointedly, glancing with suspicion at Samara. Then she runs off to the warmth of her shop.

Looking into the sack, they find quite a bit of good food wrapped in separate leather pouches and a few healing flasks in a greasy paper bag.

Spoiler: Heavy Sack (click to show/hide)

OOC: You can all still choose to follow her, or wait till it's not so cold and dark. It's really cold and dark right now, btw.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 09:41:02 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 09, 2015, 09:30:57 am »

Kawtari looked with distaste into the cold.
"The broodling is far to enthusiastic to go into the cold. If we wait, she'll probably come back, and we can set out in the light. To follow her now may encourage more... impetuous acts."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 09, 2015, 10:43:46 am »

Akira stops and walks back looking confused.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 09, 2015, 10:58:06 am »

Tadhg thanks Risey for her gifts and winks teasingly when she mentions the rumour.

"As much as I regret leaving a comrade to fend for herself, I really do think we should get a good night's rest before we continue. Travelling through a swamp in... Well, I guess it's winter now... Can be dangerous enough without doing it in the dark", he said as he looked through the contents of the bag. "Besides, I'm getting a little hungry."
Love, scriver~

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 09, 2015, 11:08:37 am »

"Ah! That Miss Risey! Exactly what we needed! Let us retreat to the warmth of the inn and sleep though this night. We can set out on the morrow. We seem to have enough of a consensus to go though the swamps. Although hopefully we shall eat from the inns stocks, and keep these rations for our journey or even add to them."

Head back to inn. See if rations are being sold. Sleep.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 09, 2015, 11:27:53 am »

Kawtari gave the bag a glimpse. "Ah. A pie. I think I would appreciate that most."

She stepped back and turned towards the inn, heading back towards warmth.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 09, 2015, 11:34:54 am »

Samara tilts her head innocently at Risey's look.

"Yes, yes, your gratitude is well-received. Now then, I think I will be enjoying a warm bed until the morn'."

Inn. Meal. Sleep.

3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 09, 2015, 11:40:47 am »

Needless to say, Akira decides to wait till the first light of day to depart with the rest of her team.

The night passes restlessly for most of you-when you can sleep, your dreams are surreal and unsettling.

Sarco dreams of his home-the fortress city of Dous, suffering disaster. He sees the streets sinking into the swamp, the walls crumbling, the people fleeing...he tries to help, but his people are turning to dust before his eyes...

Tadhg dreams of his long lost family. He is given a vision of his brother Alat, looking older and harsher now, shivering in what looks like a bleak stone prison cell. His sister Atya has her waist and wrists bound in chains, being led by a faceless man down a gangplank, her face set in grim determination. He sees his youngest brother Tayo floating lifelessly below in the sea, the surface of the ocean above him.

Samara avoids bad dreams-being an Elf, she doesn't really have to sleep, as such-she can actually control her dreaming state. Most of her rest is spent in a Elf trance, where her body rests physically, and she continues to work out arcane theory and portents mentally-working out problems in the beautiful, yet fragile crystal labyrinth that is her mind. [3][7]

Akira dreams of a man with a cloak of dead stars, placing a blade to her throat. A voice rasps '...And, how did I kill you today, Little Bird?'. She wakes suddenly, recalling her old mentor Bane. When he was teaching her how to stay alive, he would say such things when she messed up...it was always a prod to do better next time.

Kawtari actually sleeps well, for once-the strange voice of the Thing is muted and weak, unsure of itself, maybe even frightened...though, probably not of her. Or maybe she's just feeling more confident than usual. Or is a trick, to get her to lower her guard?

Aldeth's dreams are, like every night, too horrible to recount here. She senses a terrible triumph in the Old Things that plague her...mixed with a bitterness deep enough to drown worlds. She feels they may have won(?) the battle(?) they were fighting, but lost the war(?).

---
Head back to inn. See if rations are being sold. Sleep.

Sarco finds they sell the more common rations in the Inn-one gold for a satchel of standard rations (Biscuits super-hardened to break extra teeth!) that will last two days.

---

The group makes their final purchases (Whatever those are, list em before the encounter) and departs at dawn, in a momentary lull in the storm. They are directed to a half-way point, at a quarry in the Mustered Hills, run by a family of friendly Kobold miners, and the group begins to make their way.

Traveling overland isn't easy, but the snow is not yet thick enough to seriously slow the party down-the group doesn't even have to don snowshoes, yet. Still, it's not pleasant. the wind bites, the cold tingles your toes and fingers painfully, the snow makes it hard to see anything in front of you-still, your directions are good, and you follow the old paths that were laid out in these lands decades ago, lined with low stone walls.

You occasionally hear sounds in the forest, the howls of Wolves and deeper roars that (?) Samara identifies as Leopards, Snow Apes, Yetis, and once even an Owlbear-but, nothing is quite hungry enough to attack such a well armed group, especially one that is aware as there's it...yet. The miles march on...

Bkt...bkt...bkt

The party hears the banging noise even other the wind. It sounds like wooden against stone, and for some reason it puts them all on edge.

The group consults their maps as they crest the next hill, seeing what they expected-the Kobold mine. It's not much to look at from the front. If you hadn't been expecting it right there, you might have just walked past it-a deep rutted cart track that leads straight to the mines doors. You were told the Kobolds live inside, mining the metals (mostly raw iron and silver) that makes the Baron rich.

Bkt...bkt...bkt

The group observes the large double doors leading into the mine are ajar, the left one banging steadily in the wind. There are no living people visible-only a few pieces of equipment and material buried under the snow-they can see an outline of a wheelbarrow, a cart, and a few piles of metal bars, what might be a toolchest. It's odd they were not moved into the shelter when the storms began. Still, the deep ruts of the cart track lead right into it.

Bkt...bkt...bkt
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 09, 2015, 11:49:55 am »

"So... Then. Shall we, enter? Hopefully we can. Become warm. And maybe sleep." Sarco says tiredly as he trudges towards the entrance.

Move into the entrance.
Buy 10 gold worth of rations
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 11:55:13 am by Criptfeind »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 09, 2015, 12:07:53 pm »

"I'll not do us the disservice of calling it 'acceptable', but it is nonetheless preferable to camping in the snow."

Follow. Buy 5 gold/10 days worth of rations.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 58